Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time for a new ^%&@# mouse---Stop buying mainstream junk

Comments

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    I always buy mice at least one ahead.  That way it is never a panic purchase and I never have to deal with a mouse that is less than perfect.  I buy them when mice are at the lowest possible price, often well under half the normal retail price.  I do the same thing with keyboards.
  • louisscooklouisscook Member CommonPosts: 1
    I had Turtle Beach Grip 500, it's cheap gaming mouse. Recently I bought Razer Naga Hex V2 gaming mouse. It's a very good gaming mouse. Another option Logitech G903.
    I read few online reviews https://www.timesdigit.com/best-gaming-mouse.html
    https://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/peripherals/best-gaming-mouse-top-5-gaming-mice-reviewed-1270941
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    How about SteelSeries Rival 600?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• erichoffmanerichoffman Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited November 2018
    I use Logitech G602. I can easily operate the Logitech G602 on almost every surface thanks to a high-end Delta Zero sensor. With 11 programmable buttons on board, this mouse perfectly suits most resource-intensive games. As of now, the mouse will cost not more than forty-something dollars. I think it's a good price.
    I would also recommend reading this article: https://dmarket.com/blog/top-gaming-mouse-2018/ where you can find information about the best gaming mice in 2018, criteria for choosing, etc. 
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    I use Logitech G602. I can easily operate the Logitech G602 on almost every surface thanks to a high-end Delta Zero sensor. With 11 programmable buttons on board, this mouse perfectly suits most resource-intensive games. As of now, the mouse will cost not more than forty-something dollars. I think it's a good price.
    I would also recommend reading this article: https://dmarket.com/blog/top-gaming-mouse-2018/ where you can find information about the best gaming mice in 2018, criteria for choosing, etc. 
    Nice link!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• erichoffmanerichoffman Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Asm0deus said:
    Nice link!

Thank you! 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Little update. 2 years into using this mouse and it is beginning to develop a double click issue as well. Googling I learned this is a known issue; now. Would have been nice if I had known this before purchasing, but then again it was a new product at the time. Currently in contact with Corsair over it, though I think the warranty is expired. Honestly it pisses me off. This mouse has mechanical keys and still fails.  Can no one build a mouse that will last these days?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Two years is decent for a daily use mouse in my experience
    cheeba[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I needed a new one and picked up a G502 Proteus back on Prime Day. Even if it doesn't last, I'll get my $50 CDN worth out of it :) 

Great mouse so far.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Here is one suggestion. Never game with a wireless mouse. I remember running a dungeon and suddenly my character was spinning round and round uncontrollably. So awkward. Mouse battery died. 
    Tillerbartoni33

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

edited September 2019
    There was an article not too long ago - I’d search but on my phone

it said wireless mice actually had lower latency than wired.

I found that interesting

*edit* found it, it was  Linus Tech Tips video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhb7Njj3h8

tl;dr for those that hate videos (me) - Logitech wireless was faster than wired, Corsair was imperceptibly different, but not all wireless are better. "Gaming" peripherals did perform better than non-gaming oriented.
    Post edited by Ridelynn on
    Phry[Deleted User]
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    what irritates me is that you get only crap wireless keyboards and mouse not the nice ones of the wired ones i uses wireless because i use my big screen tv as my monitor.
    Raquis said:
    what irritates me is that you get only crap wireless keyboards and mouse not the nice ones of the wired ones i uses wireless because i use my big screen tv as my monitor.
    I have no idea what you are saying here. There are plenty of high end wireless mice for sure. Seems "flagship" mice from peripheral companies are almost always wireless. Gaming wireless keyboards a bit more rare, but not exactly unheard of either.
    [Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I had a big time withdrawal when my 3 x3 button mice finally wore down.When i had to play twitch shooters i was noticeably a much worse player,i prefer a middle button over a wheel which i often scroll by accident when trying to just click it.
    If you ever get into intense shooters that are very fast,then having the middle wheel a bit higher meant a good chance your tight grip on the mouse was going to also accidentally hit the wheel.

As one person said,use hard wired not wireless for games you simply cannot be disconnected from.Like imagine your the healer and your mouse dies,yeah if your a quick thinker you might get off the alternate key presses but there are other scenarios like your the tank trying to target a foe that linked in or wandered by your healer,you need to act fast....well unless playing WOW...lol.

As to "high end"DO NOT buy into marketing hype,i bought 2 Razer mice,never again,was not happy with either.I bought other expensive brands and again not happy.SO now i have a rather cheap keyboard,because i often spill my drink on it in the dark and a cheap idk i think this mouse came with the keyboard so yeah it's cheap and all i need.There is NO expensive mouse or keyboard on the market that is going to make me play any game i like any better.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Logitech G5 mouse was the best mouse I ever used to this day, and that will never change. Seriously I've tried to find a mouse that compares to this and nothing. In all their infinite wisdom Logitech did finally bring back the Mx500 because apparently a few fans liked it, I never did it was awkward to hold compared to the G5 and didn't have any of the features. I remember back in the day Logitech replaced the G5 with the G500, but eventually killed it off before my G5 died.

Since then they have built crap with weird ergonomics. Last Logitech mouse I used  was G600 MMO mouse, worthless and developed double click within a short span. I owned it for 3yrs, used it maybe 1.5 years out of the three and it couldn't even last long enough for me to feel I got my monies worth.

Fast forward to today and after about two years my Corsair Glaive is dying before it hits it's 3 year mark. Not worth the $60 I spent on it.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    G600 is currently 56% off on Amazon.  Only $35 and free shipping with Prime.  Not a bad damn deal if I do say so myself.  I bought mine at full price years ago.

In fact, the one I bought has been sitting unused on a shelf for about two years since I stopped playing any MMO's.
    edited October 2019
    H0urg1ass said:
    G600 is currently 56% off on Amazon.  Only $35 and free shipping with Prime.  Not a bad damn deal if I do say so myself.  I bought mine at full price years ago.

In fact, the one I bought has been sitting unused on a shelf for about two years since I stopped playing any MMO's.
    Yeah well google "Logitech G600 double clicking" and see why it's not a very good deal lol. I have one, it's broken in a box someplace. It's not even worth $10 to be honest.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    MaxBacon said:

frostymug said:

I have a G502 Spectrum.

I use the 402, more simple. More expensive mouses tend to be over-complex D:
    That's mine too. It's pretty good. Had a G500 that started double clicking within months of purchase. I replaced it with a cheap Redragon Perdition which lasted me a solid few years. Now the Logitech G402 has been great for the last few months.

edited October 2019
    So, Logitech is a bust, Corsair is a bust. Both failed shortly after the warranty period. Funny how some new up an coming companies are literally coming at these big name companies with quality products for gamers now.

So anyways I'm now looking at Glorious O and the soon to launch Glorious Model D (ergonomic mouse) which actually have user serviceable cables ect. Ultralight mice seem to be the new thing.

It looks like it's the 2nd in a four product line up which I imagine next will be wireless ambidextrous and wireless ergo. @$49.99 a piece you can't really go wrong. Reviews say they got their shit together with quality in short order, more availability to purchase than Finalmouse, and cheaper.

One factor I noticed is you can adjust de-bounce in software overtime to account for double click issues. No word yet on replaceable Omron switches, but I imagine that will be a thing eventually.

Post edited by Tiller on
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Argh those holes on the mouse will get full of dust n crap...bad design IMO.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

The Glorious model O looks sort of like the Barbi Dream house mouse. But I would still give it a try. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Im a Razer Naga fanboy, I admit it
    I've had two Razer Nagas. The first one lasted for years (bought it in 2009) and the second one is still going after a few years at this point.

I understand it doesn't last for some people. Not sure what the heck they do with their mice?!?!?!
    Amathe
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    My Razer mouse has lasted me for years also. 
    Sovrath

• lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 558
    Best mouse I ever used was the Bloody V8 Headshot. It was comfortable, moddable, had different modes - but most of all the metal mouse feet made it glide across my mouse mat. It felt brand new still 5 years after I got it. However, it broke about a year ago. I use the G502 now, but it wouldn't take much for me to find an old V8 and swap it out.
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    I only use Logitech. G502 Mouse ans G710+ Keyboard is my current setup. I have never had to replace a mouse or keyboard due to it going bad. I usually replace them when something bigger or better comes out from Logitech. 

Amathelotrloretweedledumb99

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station