Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CODE VEIN - First Trailer

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
In the not too distant future, a mysterious disaster has brought collapse to the world as we know it. Towering skyscrapers, once symbols of prosperity, are now lifeless graves of humanity’s past pierced by the Thorns of Judgment. At the center of the destruction lies a hidden society of Revenants called Vein. This final stronghold is where the remaining few fight to survive, blessed with Gifts of power in exchange for their memories and a thirst for blood. Give into the bloodlust fully and risk becoming one of the Lost, fiendish ghouls devoid of any remaining humanity. 

Comments

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Looks good.  Wish someone would make a vampire hunter D game like this too.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Mikeha
  • metalsmmetalsm Member UncommonPosts: 31
    That's a pretty good trailer. This should be an interesting game.
    Asheram
  • MadanBhaiMadanBhai Newbie CommonPosts: 1

I'm building a new PC where quietness is paramount -- I'm aiming to reduce even a single dB where possible. For various reasons, I need to build a multipurpose PC with a good GPU rather than build a second, truly silent system with a weak, passively-cooled GPU. Thus, I'm looking for a powerful GPU that's as quiet as possible, and I'm willing to sacrifice performance and spend more to achieve this.

Which would be quieter / more power efficient: a 2070 Super, or a 2080 Super undervolted/underclocked/power-limited to 2070 Super performance levels? The main difference between the two seems to be the extra cores in the 2080 Super -- would that affect noise/thermals positively or negatively when the extra cores are undervolted/underclocked?

I know the 2070 Super route will be significantly more cost effective, but I'm willing to overspend on a 2080 Super and decrease its performance if it means better noise levels.

In other words, which option would run more efficiently in terms of power consumption / heat, given the same performance?

Thanks!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    MadanBhai said:

I'm building a new PC where quietness is paramount -- I'm aiming to reduce even a single dB where possible. For various reasons, I need to build a multipurpose PC with a good GPU rather than build a second, truly silent system with a weak, passively-cooled GPU. Thus, I'm looking for a powerful GPU that's as quiet as possible, and I'm willing to sacrifice performance and spend more to achieve this.

Which would be quieter / more power efficient: a 2070 Super, or a 2080 Super undervolted/underclocked/power-limited to 2070 Super performance levels? The main difference between the two seems to be the extra cores in the 2080 Super -- would that affect noise/thermals positively or negatively when the extra cores are undervolted/underclocked?

I know the 2070 Super route will be significantly more cost effective, but I'm willing to overspend on a 2080 Super and decrease its performance if it means better noise levels.

In other words, which option would run more efficiently in terms of power consumption / heat, given the same performance?

Thanks!

Welcome to the site,

You will get much better information if you post this in the Hardware Forum. :)

https://forums.mmorpg.com/categories/hardware