Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much of a chance with you give Pantheon?

• Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member UncommonPosts: 253
    edited May 2017
    I'm not sure yet. I'm so niche. Hand holding and too much ease is my biggest gripe. But Pantheon is different because it has Brad McQuad's aura and all of the fans of those games. I might give it some mercy even if I don't like some things. For example, I don't like fancy maps or radars or similar. But I might make a special case for Pantheon if it has other things appeal to me, since I also know it's god awfully difficult to find MMORPGs in modern times that don't flay themselves for the king.

Sadly I think most gamers try this game on release will quit. Many of themn THINK they want something more old school, but soon as htey try the cold hard reality will bear on them. What's so surprising to me is they don't get a clue right now and save themsevles the pain. It shouldn't be a shock if Pantheon isn't as innovative as you like or as friendly as you want. As I stated already, it has Brad's aura all over it. While he's definitely stated in interviews this game will be more friendly, it should be understand "friendly" in his Brad's language is something like patting you on teh back smiling and shoving you into the crocodile waters whilst imitating Steve McQueen.
    Post edited by Hawkaya399 on
  • GaendricGaendric Member UncommonPosts: 603
    edited May 2017
    Way too early to tell for me.
    I like oldschool gameplay, but I am also oldschool in terms of "make the game first, then I will judge&pay&play"
    Double oldschool ftw.

Post edited by Gaendric on
  • ZionBaneZionBane Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Well, here is what I am gonna say, when it goes live, I'll buy it and play it... now, since it is B2P w/subscription, that's gonna be kinda daunting.

However, unless the just made something truly amazing, I am gonna bet I'll be done with the game by the end of the first month, when my subscription wears out.

But, I'll at least give them that chance.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I'm watching the development.  Complimenting what I feel they have done well.  I'm also not afraid to look at it from a different perspective and ask questions that fanboys might not want to hear.  Right now I have no real plans for this mmo.  When it's closer to launch (not alpha or EA etc.), I'll make a decision then.  I'm definitely interested and see potential.  I'm just not completely sold that it will launch.  Till then, I'll just keep an eye out on any news worthy updates.
  • Peco115Peco115 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Going to be my home for a long time.