Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Release The Hype!

2

Comments

  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    edited April 2017


    ubermut said:





















    I meant that it's more hardcore in the sense that you need to travel and can't transport to places (except for runestones and portals in holdings). RoA is making PvE pretty hard though with it's dynamic respawning and all that.








    ah, yes I'll definitely concede that.  New Dawn will definitely be hardcore in terms of getting around the world.  Just like Eve is freaking hardcore trying to meet your friend on the other side of space.  Ya Rise of Agon will be less hardcore in most things except being good at combat.  Combat effectiveness will be more hardcore in ROA I bet. 

    I think both are shaping up to be great games.  I'll definitely be checking out RoA next friday at launch.  I just think end game they are very different, and that's good because the overall darkfall community is very split on major issues like the local banking and Racial Conflict.  So hopefully both will attract a decent community and thrive.




    When @Kimoshu was talking about bias... he was talking about this right here.

    image
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,172
    edited April 2017
    Good trialer, serves as a good warning to stay away from the game...

    Also, please stop comparing the game, any version of it, to EVE Online. It is an insult to EVE.
  • Avenging_MartyrAvenging_Martyr Member UncommonPosts: 11

    odienman said:

    Is this buy to play?  I actually had fun playing DF2 for a little.


    No game purchase required but there will be a plex like system so you will be able to trade in game resources for sub time. So if you enjoy and play alot you can avoid using RL $$$
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

    Gdemami said:

    Good trialer, serves as a good warning to stay away from the game...

    Also, please stop comparing the game, any version of it, to EVE Online. It is an insult to EVE.


    Not sure i'd go so far as to call it an insult, though its definitely misleading, i don't know how they are comparing it to Eve at all, could be based on a misunderstanding of what kind of game Eve is, and how it works. :o
  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 270
    edited April 2017
    lol, eve ppl.  was just comparing it to eve b/c of local banking, global gold, local markets, territory control emphasis, no fast travel (can't teleport from one side of world/universe to the other).

    Sorry for any insults.  I'd compare it to Albion online but less people have played that.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

    ubermut said:

    lol, eve ppl.  was just comparing it to eve b/c of local banking, global gold, local markets, territory control emphasis, no fast travel (can't teleport from one side of world/universe to the other).

    Sorry for any insults.  I'd compare it to Albion online but less people have played that.


    Only Eve does have a fast travel/teleport, its called a clone jump, can only really do it once per day though, and you have to train up infomorph technology first. ;)
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,190
    fifth times the charm..? or is it fourth.

    Tawess gaming

    Tawess soapbox

    This have been a good conversation

  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,172

    Phry said:

    Only Eve does have a fast travel/teleport, its called a clone jump, can only really do it once per day though, and you have to train up infomorph technology first. ;)


    ...add to that jump bridges and jump drive ships.
  • KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104

    ubermut said:

    lol, eve ppl.  was just comparing it to eve b/c of local banking, global gold, local markets, territory control emphasis, no fast travel (can't teleport from one side of world/universe to the other).

    Sorry for any insults.  I'd compare it to Albion online but less people have played that.


    You are describing Darkfall: New Dawn, not Rise of Agon. RoA is much more like the original Darkfall with a few tweaks and improvements. New Dawn is looking to change the game fundamentally and expand upon it.
  • SiqueKhanSiqueKhan Member CommonPosts: 4
    Why would you post this video? It's a comedic video meant for veterans, not to be advertised on sites like this or subreddits.
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member UncommonPosts: 333

    SiqueKhan said:

    Why would you post this video? It's a comedic video meant for veterans, not to be advertised on sites like this or subreddits.


    There are quite some veterans around here, so why not? I posted the trailer as well, before this one. 

    You made an account just to write on threads that you feel are not appropriate on this forum? In that case, you have a full time job ahead of you. :) 

    See you in Agon.
  • SiqueKhanSiqueKhan Member CommonPosts: 4




    SiqueKhan said:


    Why would you post this video? It's a comedic video meant for veterans, not to be advertised on sites like this or subreddits.




    There are quite some veterans around here, so why not? I posted the trailer as well, before this one. 

    You made an account just to write on threads that you feel are not appropriate on this forum? In that case, you have a full time job ahead of you. :) 

    See you in Agon.


    I made an account to support the game and give it some more hype but I need to do a few things first, either way this really isn't something you should be publicly posting. It just looks bad for new players.
  • FullLootPvpFullLootPvp Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Probably less than 24 hours till launch! Wohhaaaaaaaa
  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 270
    stress test was a little rocky, hope launch goes well.  Looking forward to tomorrow.
  • GreatOx1GreatOx1 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Darkfall RoA, the page is down on launch day, does anyone know when it's going to be up?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,348

    Gdemami said:



    Phry said:


    Only Eve does have a fast travel/teleport, its called a clone jump, can only really do it once per day though, and you have to train up infomorph technology first. ;)




    ...add to that jump bridges and jump drive ships.


    And don't forget traversing the universe via wormholes

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • FullLootPvpFullLootPvp Member UncommonPosts: 52

    GreatOx1 said:

    Darkfall RoA, the page is down on launch day, does anyone know when it's going to be up?


    is up again, discord is quite cosy full, Patch notes comming soon, looking forward the launch of the year!
    Dont forget to sign up here ;)
  • GreatOx1GreatOx1 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I have an error "could not establish login server connection: timeout (#2), how do I fix it?
  • FullLootPvpFullLootPvp Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Patching Complete!
    Patch Notes UP!
    eta  game server 3pm EST
  • FullLootPvpFullLootPvp Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Yeah loggin in...
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,329
    That video explained nothing! What is happening May 5th? Will the hype will be released then? -- And what does that even mean?
    --------------------------------------------
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,991


    That video explained nothing! What is happening May 5th?


    The game is releasing today.
  • FullLootPvpFullLootPvp Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Yes, its live, just started playing after character creation...
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member UncommonPosts: 2,155





    kishe said:



    Help lazy person...is there a list for whats the difference between this,the other version and the old darkfall?







    Depending on who you are and what the original version of Darkfall meant to you will determine if Rise of Agon or New Dawn will appeal to you.

    Rise of Agon:

    • United States server
    • No local banking
    • Bindstone/House recall and portal chambers
    • Increased Rays usage (magma and inferno don't share cooldowns)
    • Increased Bunny Hopping (to possibly escape zergs)
    • Meditation points can be purchased with Gold (control how fast you progress with money)

    New Dawn: 

    • European server
    • Focusing on Racial Warfare (Territory Control)
    • Less Macroing (100% global cooldown on rays, R50's, R100 ect...) 
    • Severe nerf on bunny hopping
    • Faster running speed
    • Meditation points reward from quests only (Control how fast you progress with Quests: cannot be a red player)


    If you are a Darkfall vet then New Dawn probably won't appeal to you. If you are new to Darkfall or didn't like Bunny Hopping and macroing aspects of the game then Rise of Agon wont appeal to you. Rise of Agon is staying true to the original version of the game and making improvements to keep Darkfall as it is. New Dawn is Darkfall with improvements that are adding features the game that similar the mechanics in EvE/DaoC.









    There is no more macroing in Darkfall Rise of Agon. I do use one though for having the same button pull out a sword/shield and also be able to do whirlwind with it. Macroing is gone in Darkfall, but might exist more in New Dawn beta actually? Sure they will fix it though.

    Being able to use every spell is pretty damn cool though. No longer is it macroing, easily done, and built into the games UI now.

    NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,534










    kishe said:




    Help lazy person...is there a list for whats the difference between this,the other version and the old darkfall?









    Depending on who you are and what the original version of Darkfall meant to you will determine if Rise of Agon or New Dawn will appeal to you.

    Rise of Agon:

    • United States server
    • No local banking
    • Bindstone/House recall and portal chambers
    • Increased Rays usage (magma and inferno don't share cooldowns)
    • Increased Bunny Hopping (to possibly escape zergs)
    • Meditation points can be purchased with Gold (control how fast you progress with money)

    New Dawn: 

    • European server
    • Focusing on Racial Warfare (Territory Control)
    • Less Macroing (100% global cooldown on rays, R50's, R100 ect...) 
    • Severe nerf on bunny hopping
    • Faster running speed
    • Meditation points reward from quests only (Control how fast you progress with Quests: cannot be a red player)


    If you are a Darkfall vet then New Dawn probably won't appeal to you. If you are new to Darkfall or didn't like Bunny Hopping and macroing aspects of the game then Rise of Agon wont appeal to you. Rise of Agon is staying true to the original version of the game and making improvements to keep Darkfall as it is. New Dawn is Darkfall with improvements that are adding features the game that similar the mechanics in EvE/DaoC.











    There is no more macroing in Darkfall Rise of Agon. I do use one though for having the same button pull out a sword/shield and also be able to do whirlwind with it. Macroing is gone in Darkfall, but might exist more in New Dawn beta actually? Sure they will fix it though.

    Being able to use every spell is pretty damn cool though. No longer is it macroing, easily done, and built into the games UI now.


    New Dawn has had a weapon bar in their beta for almost a year. It's a separate hotbar for weapons and tools. You also automatically equip the right weapons depending on the ability you're using, and selecting a skill also automatically causes you to wield your weapons. New Dawn is way ahead in pretty much every way, but I'm sure Rise of Agon will continue to follow their lead.


Sign In or Register to comment.