Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Release The Hype!

JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 670

Comments

• JownzJownz Member UncommonPosts: 62
    May 5th can't come fast enough. Cant wait to get back into Agon!
  • gloomyincgloomyinc Member CommonPosts: 3
    Very excited for this.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Debating on giving this a shot.  I don't like that I will need to bind 100 abilities to be competitive.  I also don't like everyone is everything all the time.  As a DFUW carebear, I will now have less than a 1% chance of winning a battle in this higher skill ceiling darkfall game.  It also felt really archaic compared to UW when I briefly tried it.  Maybe show up for launch and get slaughtered countless times over a few weeks and quit.
  • Avenging_MartyrAvenging_Martyr Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Man I'm a supporter and that video made me cringe abit. That shit is not going to gain us any popularity IMHO.

I've very excited for launch but  this will have a negative effect on potential noobs in my perspective...
    After seeing that I had to find something better. Here is a link to an offical developer trailer/game info video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzlDG8fINTQ

Mardukk said:

Debating on giving this a shot.  I don't like that I will need to bind 100 abilities to be competitive.  I also don't like everyone is everything all the time.  As a DFUW carebear, I will now have less than a 1% chance of winning a battle in this higher skill ceiling darkfall game.  It also felt really archaic compared to UW when I briefly tried it.  Maybe show up for launch and get slaughtered countless times over a few weeks and quit.

Ah but your forgetting DFO was much larger than DFUW. Once your out in the world it won't be nearly as cluttered so you'll have room to work/evade ect.

My best recommendation is joining a clan on the forums before the start. A good team even noobs can make the difference in enjoying the game and hating it. Someone to rez you when you die :)
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    For all...I dunno what? 100 people excited about it?
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    andrew going viral..

hardly can sleep
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Yeah I am not gonna play that based on the video. 

andrew going viral..

hardly can sleep

yep that is viral alright, you guys who like this game better hope it doesn't go viral, because if it does, it isnt going viral because of how good it is. 

After seeing that I had to find something better. Here is a link to an offical developer trailer/game info video

To late I have already been tainted by that horrid video. 
  • WesFurtiveWesFurtive Member CommonPosts: 1
    8 days dudes :) goin down
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Help lazy person...is there a list for whats the difference between this,the other version and the old darkfall?
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 670

kishe said:

Help lazy person...is there a list for whats the difference between this,the other version and the old darkfall?

Rise of Agon: Taking most of the elements from DFO and making it better. Adding more content for non-pvpers, better PvE with good loot tables, big boss fights that requires a lot of people, vendors for the market etc. All races are friendly, so it's more of a alignment based game where there are good or bad guys. There are still huge areas which are lawless which means no alignment penalties. Less grindy that DFO.

New Dawn: Making everything more "hardcore" in the sense that you cant bindstone recall. You have to travel everywhere. Local banking, so you will need to transport stuff around. Mounts can carry things. They are keeping the racial warfare and are spinning more around that to make the races more "important".

Other than that, there are changes to combat and crafting etc. I don't know it all so cant give you full list.

Man I'm a supporter and that video made me cringe abit. That shit is not going to gain us any popularity IMHO.

I've very excited for launch but  this will have a negative effect on potential noobs in my perspective...

It was a fun video for once :) I did post the video you linked though which is just under this thread on the forum. Definitely a better video to recruit newbies. 
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Mardukk said:

Valid concern, and probably why most found Darkfall combat less enjoyable. You may want to wait for Darkfall New Dawn. They are addressing that with their specialization system (which they call the title system).

• odienmanodienman Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Is this buy to play?  I actually had fun playing DF2 for a little.
  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 271
    edited April 2017

odienman said:

no but there is no price for the client.  you just pay 10$ a month to play.

oh, and New Dawn isn't more hardcore lol.  you need less to be competetive.  all the gear and skills are frontloaded, and you can't use every skill so you don't need to grind them all up. and gold will be global, so you just buy what you need from nearby market and sell you goods, stay liquid.

New Dawn is going for Eve-like.  Rise of Agon, is more leave original darkfall alone, but make it better and more friendly to everyone, new players and vets.  both should be great games once they shape up some more.

Thanks for that video, that one makes me want to play it. 
  • killabozzkillabozz Member UncommonPosts: 58

kishe said:

They list the stuff at the end but you can find info and patch notes here: https://darkfallriseofagon.com/game/player-pages/veteran-player/

I think the hype video is awesome for current/veterans, it's very fun. Here's a trailer that covers the game a bit better with all the features and gameplay:

ubermut said:

odienman said:

no but there is no price for the client.  you just pay 10$ a month to play.

oh, and New Dawn isn't more hardcore lol.  you need less to be competetive.  all the gear and skills are frontloaded, and you can't use every skill so you don't need to grind them all up. and gold will be global, so you just buy what you need from nearby market and sell you goods, stay liquid.

New Dawn is going for Eve-like.  Rise of Agon, is more leave original darkfall alone, but make it better and more friendly to everyone, new players and vets.  both should be great games once they shape up some more.

I meant that it's more hardcore in the sense that you need to travel and can't transport to places (except for runestones and portals in holdings). RoA is making PvE pretty hard though with it's dynamic respawning and all that.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    edited April 2017

kishe said:

Depending on who you are and what the original version of Darkfall meant to you will determine if Rise of Agon or New Dawn will appeal to you.

Rise of Agon:

• United States server
    • No local banking
    • Bindstone/House recall and portal chambers
    • Increased Rays usage (magma and inferno don't share cooldowns)
    • Increased Bunny Hopping (to possibly escape zergs)
    • Meditation points can be purchased with Gold (control how fast you progress with money)

New Dawn: 

• European server
    • Focusing on Racial Warfare (Territory Control)
    • Less Macroing (100% global cooldown on rays, R50's, R100 ect...) 
    • Severe nerf on bunny hopping
    • Faster running speed
    • Meditation points reward from quests only (Control how fast you progress with Quests: cannot be a red player)

If you are a Darkfall vet then New Dawn probably won't appeal to you. If you are new to Darkfall or didn't like Bunny Hopping and macroing aspects of the game then Rise of Agon wont appeal to you. Rise of Agon is staying true to the original version of the game and making improvements to keep Darkfall as it is. New Dawn is Darkfall with improvements that are adding features the game that similar the mechanics in EvE/DaoC.

skadad said:

Why did the original darkfall fail? Sounds like New dawn will probably be around longer but not that long, looking at ideas/features only? Wolves will die when there are no sheep to prey upon anyways.

Original Darkfall died because Aventurine behind the game was shit. Never gave any information to the community. Barely any updates. Somehow, they didn't have money enough to pay the devs. Their marketing sucked donkey. They SECRETLY worked on Darkfall Unholy Wars without speaking with the community about it, which kinda failed in the vets eyes. It attracted new players, but most vets left. It got too dumbed down. Then it later died because we were back at square one again. No content. No communication.

• KimoshuKimoshu Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Yes this video of ours was a bit of an inside joke with the old community and not for new players. It plays on a meme started years ago by a player from the original back in 2009-2012.

Also please check out our website for more information about our roadmap and patches. There's a ton of misinformation from biased users on both sides due to the community "rivalry" between the two reboots. We loved the original and will stay true to the roots of the game but we're changing much of the game to push more on the RPG, sandbox and social elements the original lacked. Hope to see everyone May 5th, #hype!!

-Andrew
    CEO
    Big Picture Games
  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 271
    edited April 2017

I meant that it's more hardcore in the sense that you need to travel and can't transport to places (except for runestones and portals in holdings). RoA is making PvE pretty hard though with it's dynamic respawning and all that.

ah, yes I'll definitely concede that.  New Dawn will definitely be hardcore in terms of getting around the world.  Just like Eve is freaking hardcore trying to meet your friend on the other side of space.  Ya Rise of Agon will be less hardcore in most things except being good at combat.  Combat effectiveness will be more hardcore in ROA I bet. 

I think both are shaping up to be great games.  I'll definitely be checking out RoA next friday at launch.  I just think end game they are very different, and that's good because the overall darkfall community is very split on major issues like the local banking and Racial Conflict.  So hopefully both will attract a decent community and thrive.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    edited April 2017

ubermut said:

ah, yes I'll definitely concede that.  New Dawn will definitely be hardcore in terms of getting around the world.  Just like Eve is freaking hardcore trying to meet your friend on the other side of space.  Ya Rise of Agon will be less hardcore in most things except being good at combat.  Combat effectiveness will be more hardcore in ROA I bet. 

I think both are shaping up to be great games.  I'll definitely be checking out RoA next friday at launch.  I just think end game they are very different, and that's good because the overall darkfall community is very split on major issues like the local banking and Racial Conflict.  So hopefully both will attract a decent community and thrive.

When @Kimoshu was talking about bias... he was talking about this right here.