Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Switching between mice

kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
edited April 2017 in Hardware
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Computer Wireless Mouse Long Range Wireless Mouse

I got this mouse today and I got used to it pretty fast. I did get some initial resistance of trying to move the mouse instead of the thumb to move the cursor but it was not so difficult. The problem is going back to 16 key programmable mouse for when I play any MMORPG. This one
Related image

Will it be problem switching back and forth. Has anyone done this or found a rollerball mouse with more keys.

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited April 2017
    It's not a problem to switch back and forth between mice. I do it for ergonomic reasons several times a day, even within same game or program, and never had a problem with it.

Just make sure that same buttons do same things no matter which mouse you'll use. If you do something like have the mouse wheel do A on first mouse, and B on second mouse, then you're not going to always remember what it does.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited April 2017
    That's comforting to know thanks. 
    Can you connect both mice at the same time since one is wired and the other has an on and off button can I simply unplug the wired one and switch on the other while leaving it connected to a USB port when I use the wired one. Don't think it's possible to leave both on since  they are both Logitech might be able to switch between them in the software. 

It's okay will check that point google is your friend as they say

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited April 2017
    You can connect multiple mice to the computer at same time.

I connected Logitech G600, Logitech G900, Logitech MX1000, Logitech M175 and Logitech M178 to same computer at same time to test. Each mouse worked and Logitech's software allowed me change settings for each separately.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    @Vrika awesome thanks

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Yep, as Vrika said the connecting won't be an issue, you only need to concern about the "muscle memory", and that's a personal thing, so you can test it for yourself :wink:

G600 is a great one, but on the trackball side I have only experiences with a regular one... I think rolling it with the thumb might be more close to a regular mouse feel, opposing to the Marble I had (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/trackman-marble ), but I have no idea how it affects the well-oiled thumb movement patterns of the G600... 
    Give to it a few weeks of a test run, switching between them as you'd normally planning to (I use the 600 for MMOs, and a more 'regular' mouse for work and everything else - yep, as it turned out trackball is not my thing unfortunately), and you'll see better, if it's disturbing or not.

(I know I used to push the side of the regular mouse quite often, after switching back from a longer play session :lol: )