Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please have a good percentage of solo content.

Comments

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    OP changes narratives with the wind.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited April 2017

I could understand you saying that.

The only main reason I bring this topic up, is because of the "Stigma" Pantheon  is developing.  However none of us know how group centric this game really is.

Is it....... The balanced mmp player need not apply ?
    Is it....... The balanced mmo player will be fine too ?

I understand what developers are saying  " their will be solo content but they will be lacking"

I understand how can any one give a gage reference ?...... A percentage number would be something hard to tag, yet comparing it to EQ1 or 2 or Vanguard or Vanilla WoW is not a real good idea either !!!!

It's a difficult question to answer........ But one thing for sure Pantheon has a "Stigma" attached to it that can scare potential players away.  However on a good note, after release the gage will be known and players will report.  

Leaving a Stigma is not good in any case !!!!

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I understand what developers are saying  " their will be solo content but they will be lacking"

Developers did not say that.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Some people would argue that 0% is a good percentage.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Since this is the same OP who has been predicting that Pantheon will be a huge hit with 100s of thousands or millions playing it, this thread to me reads like he just had an "oh shit" moment when he finally figured out there's not a hope in hell of mass appeal without a large dose of supported solo content, not just some token tolerance of it.

Hence his plea for a "good percentage." After all, his prediction of humongous player numbers is at stake.
    MrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Unfortunately, you are going to see 6 wizards running around with ISBOXER or the equivalent solving this grouping issue.  I hope to god I am wrong, but there needs to be a firmer stance against programs like this for a game which is not instanced and has open/contested content.
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Iselin said:

Since this is the same OP who has been predicting that Pantheon will be a huge hit with 100s of thousands or millions playing it, this thread to me reads like he just had an "oh shit" moment when he finally figured out there's not a hope in hell of mass appeal without a large dose of supported solo content, not just some token tolerance of it.

Hence his plea for a "good percentage." After all, his prediction of humongous player numbers is at stake.

It's Fox Mulder syndrome. He'll get over it at some point once reality sets in.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Iselin said:

I have to say you have me between a rock and a hard place.

I'm not squirming out of my predictions by saying this, because I still think it will be HUGE, in fact most everyone, partly because we didn't have an mmo in a long time and were millions strong.  Add that even the hundreds of fake mmos are Cash Grabs.

I will say the " stigma " developers are putting out will chase a percentage away. There putting out vibes that the players can never be alone....... Sure I'm exaggerating, but not by much !   
  • HoopdyDooHoopdyDoo Member UncommonPosts: 22

acidblood said:

Personally I hope, though don't really expect, that it will have a good range of content for all group sizes, and compositions... nothing like waiting 2 hours for X class (that has all the right attunements) just so you have a hope in hell of making any progress on anything.

That's always going to be the case.

When the game launches most people will choose a DPS class.  Then tanks.  Then healers.  And because today's games don't have crowd control and a lot of today's gamers have no clue what it is, I would almost guarantee that crowd control will be the most sought after.

After a month or two, people will start trying different toons.  But because healers and crowd control have the most responsibility/stressful situations, they will always be the most sought after.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited April 2017

svann said:

Not exactly in those words no,  but they did say there will be solo content. As well as certain classes will handle it better than others. It's right in their FAQ.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Azmodeus said:

Unfortunately, you are going to see 6 wizards running around with ISBOXER or the equivalent solving this grouping issue.  I hope to god I am wrong, but there needs to be a firmer stance against programs like this for a game which is not instanced and has open/contested content.

They actually addressed those types of programs in the stream. They didn't say they would nuke any account associated with such infractions, but they did say they would not be allowed.

edited May 2017

Distopia said:

svann said:

Not exactly in those words no,  but they did say there will be solo content. As well as certain classes will handle it better than others. It's right in their FAQ.

They said there will be solo content.  They did not say "it will be lacking", nor did they say or imply anything remotely similar.  Some people insist on interpreting like that because they want it to be "forced grouping", but the devs didnt say that.  What they said was that there would be solo content but the group content would have better rewards.
    Post edited by svann on
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Also you will notice that team were doing this content and doing fine but off in the distance there was a duo doing the same content. My guess they were higher level then the team. So where solo content is not the focus of the game. Teaming does not always mean "Perfect Balanced" team. 

Torval said:

Nanfoodle said:

Also you will notice that team were doing this content and doing fine but off in the distance there was a duo doing the same content. My guess they were higher level then the team. So where solo content is not the focus of the game. Teaming does not always mean "Perfect Balanced" team. 

What would be the point of grouping if you can just overcon the encounters a little and solo/duo it? If a pair can go do the content like that what I predict is you'll see couples that go "solo" content and rarely if ever group up.

My opinion is that there is a big difference between a full team and one that isn't. A full team doesn't have to be perfectly balance to challenge content, but that is vastly different from 2 people a few levels higher doing the same thing.

Duo is not soloing. Im just saying if you are worried you cant find a perfect balance team and all you have online is a Shaman and a Wizard, you will be able to find something to do. Instead of killing Black and Yellow cons, go chain some blues and have fun. I find people walk away when they cant get the perfect team. In EQ1 I used to do this all the time. Join anyone and start playing and when a tank showed up invite, then a healer shows up you invite. People will join because its better then standing around. Next thing you know you do have a team and go do harder content. People see the group type game play and panic saying "I hate waiting around trying to find a good group" That mind set makes me laugh. Go play with what you got.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

Nanfoodle said:

Torval said:

Nanfoodle said:

What would be the point of grouping if you can just overcon the encounters a little and solo/duo it? If a pair can go do the content like that what I predict is you'll see couples that go "solo" content and rarely if ever group up.

My opinion is that there is a big difference between a full team and one that isn't. A full team doesn't have to be perfectly balance to challenge content, but that is vastly different from 2 people a few levels higher doing the same thing.

Duo is not soloing. Im just saying if you are worried you cant find a perfect balance team and all you have online is a Shaman and a Wizard, you will be able to find something to do. Instead of killing Black and Yellow cons, go chain some blues and have fun. I find people walk away when they cant get the perfect team. In EQ1 I used to do this all the time. Join anyone and start playing and when a tank showed up invite, then a healer shows up you invite. People will join because its better then standing around. Next thing you know you do have a team and go do harder content. People see the group type game play and panic saying "I hate waiting around trying to find a good group" That mind set makes me laugh. Go play with what you got.

How long will it be before that 2 character group is run by a single individual (boxing)?  I'm sure there will be individual players trying to work as a boxed group almost from day 1.  How is that social and can we get that player some medical help?  If global chat is considered being social, then we need to re-categorize games like Total Annihilation and Command & Conquer.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:

Nanfoodle said:

Torval said:

Nanfoodle said:

How long will it be before that 2 character group is run by a single individual (boxing)?  I'm sure there will be individual players trying to work as a boxed group almost from day 1.  How is that social and can we get that player some medical help?  If global chat is considered being social, then we need to re-categorize games like Total Annihilation and Command & Conquer.

Without macro support (will be something you will get a ban for) Boxing will be a very small thing. At most, like the devs said, you will see maybe one person running 2 accounts and they wont be doing it as well as someone playing one account. Thanks for bringing that up as its really easy to grasp.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Nanfoodle said:

Mendel said:

Nanfoodle said:

Torval said:

Nanfoodle said:

Without macro support (will be something you will get a ban for) Boxing will be a very small thing. At most, like the devs said, you will see maybe one person running 2 accounts and they wont be doing it as well as someone playing one account. Thanks for bringing that up as its really easy to grasp.

I can two box very effectively in Windows mode with this type of mmo. You only need another character to park for buffs. 

I'm talking PVE. 

Nanfoodle said:

Mendel said:

Nanfoodle said:

Torval said:

Nanfoodle said:

I can two box very effectively in Windows mode with this type of mmo. You only need another character to park for buffs. 

I'm talking PVE. 

And to the impact on a social game? Very small as was my point. 
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    @OP Solo Content... It has already been said that Pantheon will be a VERY group focused game.

Distopia said:

svann said:

They said there will be solo content.  They did not say "it will be lacking", nor did they say or imply anything remotely similar.  Some people insist on interpreting like that because they want it to be "forced grouping", but the devs didnt say that.  What they said was that there would be solo content but the group content would have better rewards.

Actually they made the comment in a stream that the majority of content will be based around grouping, meaning solo content is there just not much of it.  21:00 of this video  

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

Nanfoodle said:

Mendel said:

Nanfoodle said:

Torval said:

Nanfoodle said:

Just because it's easy to grasp doesn't mean that there won't be a good number of people trying to solo, maybe even successfully.  Those boxing (or trying to box) aren't going to have time to be social if you also believe the developer's statement that it will be difficult.  The developers are talking out of both sides of their mouth on many issues; this may be one.  Boxing won't be illegal, banned or prohibited, just 'difficult'.

I haven't seen a stream from the cleric's perspective, is there one?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:

Nanfoodle said:

Mendel said:

Nanfoodle said:

Torval said:

Nanfoodle said:

Just because it's easy to grasp doesn't mean that there won't be a good number of people trying to solo, maybe even successfully.  Those boxing (or trying to box) aren't going to have time to be social if you also believe the developer's statement that it will be difficult.  The developers are talking out of both sides of their mouth on many issues; this may be one.  Boxing won't be illegal, banned or prohibited, just 'difficult'.

I haven't seen a stream from the cleric's perspective, is there one?

Solo away then I dont get your point. Want to goto a corner of a zone and box, be your own duo. Go ahead. The impact to the game will mean next to nothing. Sure they won't ban it. Why would they? You want to pay two subs to solo a teamed based MMO. Go ahead as no one will care. Boxers that run a teams worth of clients that own an area just won't happen in Pantheon. So again your talking about things that have no meaning. 
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    edited May 2017

I did solo content in Asheron's Call all the time even thought the content I was doing was not meant for it. I liked the challenge. I was always tweaking my Survivability =)

AC was a solo friendly game. Pantheon is based upon EQ design concepts which is entirely different than AC. AC was all about killing things dozens of levels above you en masse. Two entirely different games.

As other's stated: The issue with Pantheon will be if multi-boxing is allowed. It will dominate content and also be a tool for gold farmers if not limited. There is likely little to no way to stop solo friendly classes from farming everything in sight unless new mechanics are introduced to stop that as well. 

Players will always find the path of least resistance no matter what the devs attempt to do. The first few months of this game will be no different that any other mmo after launch ... a play ground for the early exploiters. I wish them the best in limiting this in order to preserve their game concept.

You stay sassy!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited May 2017

Krimzin said:

@OP Solo Content... It has already been said that Pantheon will be a VERY group focused game.

Distopia said:

svann said:

Actually they made the comment in a stream that the majority of content will be based around grouping, meaning solo content is there just not much of it.  21:00 of this video  

You certainly misinterpreted that.  They said the majority of content is grouping.  Majority just means >50%.  It does not mean it is almost all group content, and it does not mean "solo content will be lacking".  In fact just after that point he said "if you log in and your friends arent on there will always be something you can do solo".  Which is exactly what we are asking for.