Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 10 Disable Hardware Acceleration?

Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
It appears that I have another issue going on.. I got green lines across my screen and I've looked up just about every link on Google and I cannot find a fix for this. Is it possible to disable hardware acceleration in Win 10? 

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited April 2017
    Sounds like a piece of your hardware went bad, maybe electrical damage. I recommend unplugging all your wires, removing the memory and gpu, then plug everything back in and put back in your memory and gpu. Then uninstall your graphics driver and reinstall it with a fresh driver.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Previously on another thread you mentioned a power surge that happened and affected your computer. It could have been that.

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462

kitarad said:

Previously on another thread you mentioned a power surge that happened and affected your computer. It could have been that.

I redownloaded the GPU driver and it just went black screen on me while I was doing a live chat with someone and when I turned it back on it was fixed. So not sure if that was the solution for it or not. 
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    SInce WIndows 8 allowed drivers to reload without needing a full reboot, it's fairly normal for a video card driver to cause a black screen momentarily while the driver resets and re-initializes, while installing or upgrading the driver.

It's not normal for that to happen out of the blue for no reason, however.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I redownloaded the GPU driver and it just went black screen on me while I was doing a live chat with someone and when I turned it back on it was fixed. So not sure if that was the solution for it or not. 

The thing was clearly your graphics card, but if it was just a buggy driver or if there is some hardware issue as well is anybody guess. I give it 75% just the driver and the rest that your GFX card is dying.

Be very careful if you notice it starting to act strange in games (like for instance drawing up weird lines or if the lightning suddenly look strange).

Most likely it was just a driver but I would start to save up to a new GFX card anyways if it isn't a laptop.

Also: with the card dying it could just be the cooling of the GFX card that is on it last leg so have the fan cleared of dust and if it start sounding strange turn the computer off. It could also be worse things.

But it was probably just the driver. Saving up for a new card doesn't hurt anyways "plan for the worst, hope for the best".
    edited April 2017
    Black Screen is usually a poor connection between the GPU and Video Card, usually a bad cable. However, if this is the case it will happen frequently. If the Screen went black for a long duration of time, then that is typically a bad setting like bitrate too high.
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    The problem went away for a few days but now it appears to be back.. It was working fine all day then computer went idle and when it came back up the lines appeared again. How would I check if my bitrate is too high? 
    edited April 2017
    These are 2 different problems
    Green Lines across the screen - Issue with hardware.
    Black Screen - Probably driver installing.

I would not worry about bitrate, from the description of your issue it is probably not that your settings are too high for your monitor/cable. It's sounding more and more like some type of hardware issue. You have a fresh install of windows, you had a hardware connectivity error blue screen, you had a power surge, you have green lines on your screen after idle, and you have fresh drivers. Everything points to it being hardware failure. However, it may also be an issue with the nVidia drivers. Not sure which driver version you would roll back to if it was a bad driver.
    The most logical solution is to replace GPU and PSU, then put everything on a surge protector. Knowing the scope of electrical damage is difficult, it may be a number of things have issues. It may also be an issue you can live with for a while.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited April 2017
    Sounds like a problem with the graphics card.  While reloading the drivers might fix it temporarily I would plan for a graphics card replacement in the near future. 
    Gdemami
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Whenever i had lines across my screen it was a failed gpu,i have never seen any other related problem,example i have never had lines across the screen in 30-35 years of owning pc's unless it was a failed gpu.
    Yes there is the possibility of a virus corrupting your many related files.So yes it could be file related.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.