Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated list of completed features and still missing ones

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Vikingir said:
    MaxBacon said:

Do you want a proper list of promised things? Then we'll have to get another list going because this ain't it.
    Yes, I'd like that. I suggest we use the list I linked to as a basis for our own.

And this is sort of what I meant. So *** I haven't actually reviewed any of these, and ** These aren't as well sourced as the git app, but There are a total of 124 items, of which 85 are in and Unknown or In-Production status. So, assuming these are verifiable "Promises" then I don't know why someone who's reasonable would think that this list is any less damning. Again, assuming it's actually promises. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    edited July 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    There are indeed plenty of examples where he states something will indeed happen, either by likeness or certainty, there's many others where he is simply going on design ramblings about what may or may not be. And they grabbed that and clashed it all under promises. And that is what proves the point here is making a big list of entries independent of relevancy and accuracy and defeats the informative purpose the list could have. What this list is, is resume of 10ftc.

Do you want a proper list of promised things? Then we'll have to get another list going because this ain't it.

No I don't want a list of promised things, that is completely besides the point and I don't know why you are even throwing that out there.

CrazKanuk said:

Well it is false pretenses because the actual word "Promise" is used extensively throughout the site. So if you're creating a site revolving around promises, then you can't give credence to these non-committal responses. 

This is what I mean about false pretenses. You can't use "Promise" and then be like, "well, I guess that could be interpreted as a promise by some." The biggest problem is the level of commitment actually varies quite wildly. As humorous as it is, and I agree it's humorous, if we wanted to compile a comedic list of things that CR ho-hummed about and then agreed he'd love to see in the game some day, then create that list. If you want to create a serious list about committed features or things that were specifically promised, then do that, but don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining! On a serious note, if you wanted, you could create a site with a "Promise Slider" which allows the user base to select what "level of promise" was made. However, I tend to think that would probably work as well as user reviews in Metacritic. 

The list has an identity crisis, which actually makes it either a work of parody, or a work in which the relevance of the data is actually obscured by the lack of discipline in the vetting process. It's not a question, it's a reality. Unless we're to take it as a work of parody, which in and of itself it does quite well. It is very amusing to watch some of the videos that are linked. So if this is like the Colbert Report of Star Citizen, then cool. However, I don't think that's the intent. So in that case, the app IS creating a false pretense, grouping all of these items as Promises, never mind promises that came, specifically, from CR. Don't even get me started on the Accuracy %.........seriously.... 

I'm a bit more flexible with these sort of things. If someone agrees to something in a very assured, definitive manner then while it might not be a signed promise, it is also not a We'll see about that! or That is something we may consider after release! 

I like the idea of a site with a promise slider, that would be very entertaining although I could see it causing a lot of drama and even more time wasted posting opinions on the nuances of the English language :)

Addendum: For a site that supposedly gets so much wrong and should therefore invalidate it, people seem to spend an awful amount of time arguing about it. Rather ironic no?
    KefoMaxBacon
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2017
    Cotic said:
    No I don't want a list of promised things, that is completely besides the point and I don't know why you are even throwing that out there.

Addendum: For a site that supposedly gets so much wrong and should therefore invalidate it, people seem to spend an awful amount of time arguing about it. Rather ironic no?
    Okay you don't want a list of promised things that claims to be a list of promised things yet i'ts not but the promise wasn't a promise then what is a promise? Is the context of the promise the promised thing or the possibility of a promised that you promised me?

idk anymore, I know one thing, you promised me promises. ^-^
    Coticrpmcmurphy
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited July 2017
    CrazKanuk said:
    Vikingir said:
    MaxBacon said:

Yes, I'd like that. I suggest we use the list I linked to as a basis for our own.

And this is sort of what I meant. So *** I haven't actually reviewed any of these, and ** These aren't as well sourced as the git app, but There are a total of 124 items, of which 85 are in and Unknown or In-Production status. So, assuming these are verifiable "Promises" then I don't know why someone who's reasonable would think that this list is any less damning. Again, assuming it's actually promises. 
    They've literally been arguing for pages over who gets credit for creating a "real" SC development tracker, despite neither really showing much in the way of contradiction to the other.  It reminds me of D.C. politics.

• VikingirVikingir Member UncommonPosts: 162
    CrazKanuk said:
    Vikingir said:
    MaxBacon said:

I'm not sure I understand where you're going here, but I don't see the list I linked to as a list with "promises". On the contrary, the list differentiates itself clearly from some other lists this way. To me, the campaign goals + campaign stretch goals can be thought of as promises - except those which aren't meant to be in the first release (for instance $6M, pt. 4) . Then there's The Pledge, where Chris Roberts promises to make the game we (the original backers) dream of.
    Best regards,
    Viking
    edited July 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:

Okay you don't want a list of promised things that claims to be a list of promised things yet i'ts not but the promise wasn't a promise then what is a promise? Is the context of the promise the promised thing or the possibility of a promised that you promised me?

I don't know why you are being so provocative, there really is not any need for this condescension or whatever it is you are going for. Would you kindly refrain from this behaviour, I am not posting my opinions to get into fights with people.
    MaxBaconrpmcmurphyScotchUp
    edited July 2017
    MadFrenchie said:
    It reminds me of D.C. politics.
    Politics is what is done here when manipulating the definitions of such list yet transmitting a misleading public perception of what it actually is and means.

With such qualifications, one might just become the next president!

Cotic said:
    I don't know why you are being so provocative, there really is not any need for this condescension or whatever it is you are going for. Would you kindly refrain from this behaviour, I am not posting my opinions to get into fights with people.
    It's not a provocation, it's a confusing response to getting confused by your narrative, too much stretching.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Cotic said:
    MaxBacon said:
    There are indeed plenty of examples where he states something will indeed happen, either by likeness or certainty, there's many others where he is simply going on design ramblings about what may or may not be. And they grabbed that and clashed it all under promises. And that is what proves the point here is making a big list of entries independent of relevancy and accuracy and defeats the informative purpose the list could have. What this list is, is resume of 10ftc.

CrazKanuk said:

Well it is false pretenses because the actual word "Promise" is used extensively throughout the site. So if you're creating a site revolving around promises, then you can't give credence to these non-committal responses. 

This is what I mean about false pretenses. You can't use "Promise" and then be like, "well, I guess that could be interpreted as a promise by some." The biggest problem is the level of commitment actually varies quite wildly. As humorous as it is, and I agree it's humorous, if we wanted to compile a comedic list of things that CR ho-hummed about and then agreed he'd love to see in the game some day, then create that list. If you want to create a serious list about committed features or things that were specifically promised, then do that, but don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining! On a serious note, if you wanted, you could create a site with a "Promise Slider" which allows the user base to select what "level of promise" was made. However, I tend to think that would probably work as well as user reviews in Metacritic. 

The list has an identity crisis, which actually makes it either a work of parody, or a work in which the relevance of the data is actually obscured by the lack of discipline in the vetting process. It's not a question, it's a reality. Unless we're to take it as a work of parody, which in and of itself it does quite well. It is very amusing to watch some of the videos that are linked. So if this is like the Colbert Report of Star Citizen, then cool. However, I don't think that's the intent. So in that case, the app IS creating a false pretense, grouping all of these items as Promises, never mind promises that came, specifically, from CR. Don't even get me started on the Accuracy %.........seriously.... 

I'm a bit more flexible with these sort of things. If someone agrees to something in a very assured, definitive manner then while it might not be a signed promise, it is also not a We'll see about that! or That is something we may consider after release! 

I like the idea of a site with a promise slider, that would be very entertaining although I could see it causing a lot of drama and even more time wasted posting opinions on the nuances of the English language :)

Yeah, I don't need a signed promise. I mean that's always helpful, but this is the problem with the list in the state that it is. There is a lot of "We'll see about that!" and less of "That is something that will definitely be in there." 

I'm actually pretty flexible when it comes to these things, I don't need it to say it's a promise, but there should be at least some reasonable assurance that it is. Unless, again, it's just a list of things said off-the-cuff, which is no less troubling. I mean we saw how that worked for NMS. I think that it's pretty much an inevitability for SC, but it's a matter of what that Delta is and what was actually promised versus what was just a CEO shooting off his mouth. 

I have problems with irony. I'm ok with that, though, so does Alannis Morrisette. However, I think it's not even the longest Star Citizen thread, so I don't think it's ironic nor surprising, being completely honest :)

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:
    However, I think it's not even the longest Star Citizen thread, so I don't think it's ironic nor surprising, being completely honest :)
    The longest thread is about Sandi Gardiner leaving social media, I think it's the biggest thread this site has ever seen in what the Decade(?) it's running.  (Because she is a <insert insult here>)
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Cotic said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:

It's just the way that he does things, I don't think he realises how his comments come across or maybe it's just baiting and then pleading ignorance. Just pop him on ignore to save yourself the irritation.
    MaxBaconScotchUp
    edited July 2017
    It's just the way that he does things, I don't think he realises how his comments come across or maybe it's just baiting and then pleading ignorance. Just pop him on ignore to save yourself the irritation.
    Oh, sad to see your first comment after your return is personal snipes towards me. Some things never change, someone has to be the villain in your story...
    edited July 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    It's not a provocation, it's a confusing response to getting confused by your narrative, too much stretching when it's clear the list is misleading people considering the public perception vs what it actually is.

Okay, your edit of your post makes things much clearer.

There appears to be some misunderstanding here. You seem to be ascribing something more to my post than it contained. There was no stretching in what I said, there are plenty of examples in the 10ftC series where Chris is emphatic about things being in the game. I also said that the list probably gives too much weight to non-committal answers as well, that is trying to be fair too both sides of the argument as there seems to be a tendency for people on either side to say it is all or nothing.

I would not worry about the public perception of the list, I doubt anybody looks at it apart from goons and people on this forum.
    MadFrenchie
    Cotic said:
    Your condescension is provocative. If I was being condescending towards you, you would also find it irritating and provocative. It would be far more pleasant if we could just keep things on point.

I would not worry about the public perception of the list, I doubt anybody looks at it apart from goons and people on this forum.
    I found your point far confusing and wrote a "spaghetti" reply that you took it as a provocation. Seeing how aggressive the discussions here can get, I should have figured you would have found ill intent in the way I replied.

I don't think they try to be fair, it's one-sided, it shows in several fronts, like  how they shielded themselves under self-definitions to prevent fixing stuff listed as broken for example.

This is a waste and it is why there's ongoing work to create a proper list of promised features and their status within the community, it's something that needs to happen because it's a very useful tool to track the dev status of the feature-set of this game.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Kefo said:
    Found this posted by the goons. Lists the promises made for this game and what's been done, what's in progress, broken, delayed, etc.

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

Handy little page as most of the promises have links to show when they were made.
    Yeah I fail to understand how this Kickstarter made Millions of dollars, its over 1690 days since it ended or 5 years old, and the game is only 16% Completed is this even normal?
    ScotchUp
    edited July 2017
    Renoaku said:
    Yeah I fail to understand how this Kickstarter made Millions of dollars, its over 1690 days since it ended or 5 years old, and the game is only 16% Completed is this even normal?
    This is not one legitimate neither accurate representation of the game completion, don't take it as one. It's just a big list of everything that was ever mentioned that may or may not be added to game mixed with the confirmed feature-set of the game.

It does only partially list the completed features currently released in the alpha.

The completion was also 19% it went down to 16% and it should continue going lower if they continue doing what they are doing, finding as much stuff as possible to add to it independently of being a promised feature, something mentioned once as a possibility in Q&A's or something of the upmost 
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    MaxBacon said:
    Renoaku said:
    This is not one legitimate neither accurate representation of the game completion, don't take it as one. It's just a big list of everything that was ever mentioned that may or may not be added to game mixed with the confirmed feature-set of the game.

The completion was also 19% it went down to 16% and it should continue going lower if they continue doing what they are doing, finding as much stuff as possible to add to it independently of being a promised feature or something mentioned once as a possibility in Q&A's.

They also only partially list the completed feature-set of the game currently in the alpha.
    Does it matter if its 16% or 19%. It is quite obvious to most that it is not even 50% overall done on promissed features, which puts the release of the feature complete game out into at least 2022.
    edited July 2017
    hfztt said:
    Does it matter if its 16% or 19%. It is quite obvious to most that it is not even 50% overall done on promissed features, which puts the release of the feature complete game out into at least 2022.
    It does if you're trying to play with the numbers.

If I want to play with the numbers I can also say SC is only 0.5% complete because there's only half of 1 system out of 100 systems.

You can also consider most of the core gameplay and tech that is there, especially with 3.0 and much of the rest set to be more superficial features lying over it.
  • Siegecraft.orgSiegecraft.org Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Hi all, I am new here and am loving this more than Reddit! Very serious and intelligent people + conversations. Why can't I start a new thread? Trying to find the rules...
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    hfztt said:
    It does if you're trying to play with the numbers.

If I want to play with the numbers I can also say SC is only 0.5% complete because there's only half of 1 system out of 100 systems.

You can also consider most of the core gameplay and tech that is there, especially with 3.0 and much of the rest set to be more superficial features lying over it.
    You completely missed their point that regardless of numbers and who reports them the game is a far cry from being complete
  • gir243gir243 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Vikingir said:
    Kefo said: 

Well at least you took the steps as opposed to some here who just like to complain but not try to change anything so my hats off to you.
    "Some"? Who are you talking about, specifically?
    If you mean I am among "some" then you're not reading me correctly. I wouldn't dream of submitting change requests to that goon list because it's utterly crap and made in evil intent from the start. I know the goons, after using months to read their "information threads" (which was enlightning but a waste of time). Their nazi flirts and anti-semittism was the factors that persuaded me to finally put them in the helpless case category.

So I simply don't discuss with goons, or about the goons, because, frankly, it's beneath my level. This reply was a one-time exception.

Nazi flirts and anti-Semitism huh?  Well you must be proud to give your undying support to a game where Ben Lesnick is the face of the community. 
    Kefo
    edited July 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    MadFrenchie said:
    It reminds me of D.C. politics.
    Politics is what is done here when manipulating the definitions of such list yet transmitting a misleading public perception of what it actually is and means.

With such qualifications, one might just become the next president!

Again, the truth seems to lie somewhere in the middle here, as it tends to be.

And the only real qualification for a President where I'm from these days is simply the ability to make the abnormal seem normal.  Sad days. :(

Sheets been updated again.

items added to not implemented 

Levels: Jail
    Mechanics: varied laws and rules for different environments 
    Ships: RSI Ursa Rover
    NPCs: Procedural wildlife and birds
    NPCs: procedural alien wildlife
    Levels: procedural weather
    Levels: procedural ecosystems
    Levels: procedural massive play areas

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    There's different laws and rules between law (PortOlisar) and outlaw space (GrimHex) but I guess that's what happens when people who've never played the game make a list about it's features LoL
    Might as well give this a bump since it’s been a while since we all last checked in I would assume

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/
    Babuinix said:
    There's different laws and rules between law (PortOlisar) and outlaw space (GrimHex) but I guess that's what happens when people who've never played the game make a list about it's features LoL
    Kefo's comment directly prior to yours literally says "varied laws and rules for different assignments."

It wasn't edited.  Did you miss it?
    Kefo