Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have to Disable "Driver Signature Enforcement?"

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
If I thought XingCode, and Game Guard, were not already Malicious enough not providing people a way to uninstall after uninstalling Black Desert...

Now you have to disable "Driver Signature Enforcement" to be able to get XingCode to properly Maliciously install itself because "Microsoft didn't white list it for good reasons" with windows 10, and this opens up a whole hole of security exploits / attacks that can be launched outside of the game through website and simply visiting a site with Malicious code can take advantage of this... Meanwhile "Easy Anti Cheat" and "Battleye" require it to be turned on because they are not Malicious...

Goes to show what companies are really being legit here.

http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/c9-english/c9-general-discussion/2233412-xign-code-error-0xe019101a

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/108060-error-0xe019101a/

I do not recommend anyone disable "Driver Signature Enforcement" Let alone permit any type of Rootkit onto their system, the only way to get developers to stop using this is to show them with your wallets. I don't mind Anti-Cheat, Just us something that is reputable, provides an uninstaller, and asks before installing so users have the option to decline and remove the game.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Just so you know this has been a standard workaround to load unsigned drivers since Windows 8 came out.

Not specific to these two anti cheat programs.

You can temporarily disable driver signature enforcement using a built in startup feature in Windows 10.

Or you remain afraid of the dark.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon