Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2018 Overall Production Roadmap (updated 19th January)

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Waiting for the post that says they are spending too much time telling people about the bugs fixed and not enough time fixing the bugs.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2017
    Schedule report updated: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Bug-fixing changelog for the past week in the actual page.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    edited September 2017
    Herase said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

id like to know where the bugs went since this project is the most open development project ever!
    How about watching a few dozen video episodes of "Bugsmasher" on the SC homepage ?

Have fun
    The post they made isn't enough? Why do I need to goto several different sources to try and figure out where the 50 bugs disappeared to?
    Are you serious? You literally just said you want to know what happens to those bugs and was told they have an entire series of videos dedicated to showing you this, you're even linked an episode and you say "Why do i need to". Really? You don't need to do anything, but if you really want that info, it's there. 

For people who label themselves "critics" you guys seem to be very unwilling to read up on the game you talk so passionately about.

3 things

1) I've don't recall saying I am a critic. More of a skeptic and don't believe anything that CR says his team can do until its actually made and playable

2) I did thank Max for the video link

3) That's not my point about saying why do I need to when given a video link. My point is why is the information scattered all over the place? Why do I need to get this bit of information from this post, then watch this video, then read up about these forum posts, then watch another series of videos to get the whole picture?

Tell me you wouldn't be driven insane if you asked a coworker for a report and they do it for you but they took each page of the 20 page report and taped it to a random part of the office and you need to go find each page to get the complete report.

*edit cause I cant count lol*
  • MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    Kefo said:
    Herase said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

id like to know where the bugs went since this project is the most open development project ever!
    How about watching a few dozen video episodes of "Bugsmasher" on the SC homepage ?

Have fun
    The post they made isn't enough? Why do I need to goto several different sources to try and figure out where the 50 bugs disappeared to?
    Are you serious? You literally just said you want to know what happens to those bugs and was told they have an entire series of videos dedicated to showing you this, you're even linked an episode and you say "Why do i need to". Really? You don't need to do anything, but if you really want that info, it's there. 

For people who label themselves "critics" you guys seem to be very unwilling to read up on the game you talk so passionately about.

3 things

1) I've don't recall saying I am a critic. More of a skeptic and don't believe anything that CR says his team can do until its actually made and playable

3) That's not my point about saying why do I need to when given a video link. My point is why is the information scattered all over the place? Why do I need to get this bit of information from this post, then watch this video, then read up about these forum posts, then watch another series of videos to get the whole picture?

Tell me you wouldn't be driven insane if you asked a coworker for a report and they do it for you but they took each page of the 20 page report and taped it to a random part of the office and you need to go find each page to get the complete report.

So what you're saying is you want someone to go through all the bugsmashers videos, forum posts etc and create a nice little report that will give you all the info in one place. Using their own time, for free.

Does that really sound like a reasonable request to you. If you want that information then educate yourself. People have told you where to find it.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Minsc said:
    Kefo said:
    Herase said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

Have fun

3 things

So what you're saying is you want someone to go through all the bugsmashers videos, forum posts etc and create a nice little report that will give you all the info in one place. Using their own time, for free.

Does that really sound like a reasonable request to you. If you want that information then educate yourself. People have told you where to find it.
    I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion based on what I said but ok. Do people at CIG not get paid? Why would someone at CIG do it for free? 
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Minsc said:
    Kefo said:
    Herase said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

Have fun

3 things

If I understand this correctly, this game is being made up of many modules with many people working on it in many countries and yet we have a schedule that is a central point for all the info.....just saying.
    edited September 2017
    The Alpha 3.0 Production Schedule got updated:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Diffchecker: https://www.diffchecker.com/yRJon1Ib

"To say it’s been a tumultuous week would be an understatement. We had our first go / no -gos which is a big step for releasing potential Evocati build candidates. These meetings are where a final determination is made on whether a version of 3.0 is ready for our first round of public testing. In each of these, we had to make the difficult call that newly discovered bugs were critical enough to prevent us from releasing the build to Evocati. Again, while the point of the Evocati is to test an incomplete build, the issues that prevented the release were disruptive enough to prevent basic testing, so it was decided to hold off temporarily. We are still very close to pushing to Evocati and these meetings will be taking place nearly every day as we draw closer to this important milestone. Last week we reported seven must-fix issues remaining in order to publish to the Evocati group. Today we have only 1 left! Like you, we are excited to get this out in the hands of our very loyal fans and backers. We’ll be back next week with the latest on Burndown."

Burn Down, current status (Weekly Update):

The number of issues (specific to Evocati release push) is down from 7 to 1.

Completed this past week:

• Mission System.

Resuming last week:
    - 1 Completed Tasks
    - A total of 6 features left: 4 UI, 1 Gameplay and 1 PU Content.

Bug-fixing changelog for the past week in the full schedule page.
    Excession
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Alpha 3.0: SHould be buying another island next week.....We hope to own the entire pacific by the time the plaeyrs realize what is going on......
    As work days start Monday seems more likely Evocati finally to start next week.

The PTU after the Evocati will be another row of bugs, while Evocati is the basic functionality and so that starts the testing bases it endures until its features are considered functional and the PTU starts.

Would still predict this Evocati to not last less than 1 month, so could last until late October / early November.
    Excession
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    MaxBacon said:
    As work days start Monday seems more likely Evocati finally to start next week.

The PTU after the Evocati will be another row of bugs, while Evocati is the basic functionality and so that starts the testing bases it endures until its features are considered functional and the PTU starts.

Would still predict this Evocati to not last less than 1 month, so could last until late October / early November.
    RSI trying to do something around CitizenCon would be a good guess. They'll gain or lose big sales depending on if they can impress their fans during CitizenCon.

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    MaxBacon said:
    The Alpha 3.0 Production Schedule got updated:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Diffchecker: https://www.diffchecker.com/yRJon1Ib

"To say it’s been a tumultuous week would be an understatement. We had our first go / no -gos which is a big step for releasing potential Evocati build candidates. These meetings are where a final determination is made on whether a version of 3.0 is ready for our first round of public testing. In each of these, we had to make the difficult call that newly discovered bugs were critical enough to prevent us from releasing the build to Evocati. Again, while the point of the Evocati is to test an incomplete build, the issues that prevented the release were disruptive enough to prevent basic testing, so it was decided to hold off temporarily. We are still very close to pushing to Evocati and these meetings will be taking place nearly every day as we draw closer to this important milestone. Last week we reported seven must-fix issues remaining in order to publish to the Evocati group. Today we have only 1 left! Like you, we are excited to get this out in the hands of our very loyal fans and backers. We’ll be back next week with the latest on Burndown."

Burn Down, current status (Weekly Update):

The number of issues (specific to Evocati release push) is down from 7 to 1.

Completed this past week:

• Mission System.

Resuming last week:
    - 1 Completed Tasks
    - A total of 6 features left: 4 UI, 1 Gameplay and 1 PU Content.

Bug-fixing changelog for the past week in the full schedule page.
    What happened with this graph?

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

Vrika said:
    RSI trying to do something around CitizenCon would be a good guess. They'll gain or lose big sales depending on if they can impress their fans during CitizenCon.
    I would think they want to have 3.0 by Citcon but then being realistic it seems very hard to achieve it, they may be able to say open the PTU, that would allow for people to start recording vids, streaming, etc... But speculating this out I would say Citcon card will be SQ42, 3.0 has been already last month in GC.

Wednesday (0) > Thursday (5) > Friday (1), that was Thursday.
    Excession
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    MaxBacon said:
    Vrika said:
    I would think they want to have 3.0 by Citcon but then being realistic it seems very hard to achieve it, they may be able to say open the PTU, that would allow for people to start recording vids, streaming, etc... But speculating this out I would say Citcon card will be SQ42, 3.0 has been already last month in GC.

But The Graph goes something like (7) > (3) > (1) it does not render the other Graph which goes (7) > (0) > (5) *confused*

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

But The Graph goes something like (7) > (3) > (1) it does not render the other Graph which goes (7) > (0) > (5) *confused*
    I think it ties to when the ATV is recorded before workday ends, then things are updated again the next day on the schedule, the 27/28 were not in properly in sync
    Excession
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    MaxBacon said:
    Vrika said:

Maybe the graphs were updated at different times? Depending on timezones and when the graphs get updated, the time difference between 1 and 5 bugs could be up to 48 hours.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Vrika said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Vrika said:

Maybe the graphs were updated at different times? Depending on timezones and when the graphs get updated, the time difference between 1 and 5 bugs could be up to 48 hours.
    So officially is it one or five remaining?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

So officially is it one or five remaining?
    1, as the last update on the schedule.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    MaxBacon said:

But speculating this out I would say Citcon card will be SQ42, 3.0 has been already last month in GC.
    SQ42? That thing they JUST missed being able to show off last year by DAYS. And then was a no show for 12 months. That SQ42?

Would be about f'ing bloody time if they did...
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    hfztt said:
    MaxBacon said:

But speculating this out I would say Citcon card will be SQ42, 3.0 has been already last month in GC.
    SQ42? That thing they JUST missed being able to show off last year by DAYS. And then was a no show for 12 months. That SQ42?

youll NEVER see ANYTHING that is PLAYABLE at any of these conventions. At least not playable on any server other than their own.

But SQ 42 should tell everyone something.

They WILL make a MAJOR announcement about SOMETHING and then next year THAT WONT be delivered either.

The fact that people fall for the same shell game year in and year out is amazing.

You can go back over the past 3 or 4 conventions (pick any of them) there isnt a single thing that highlighted any of them that is actually in the PTU, that includes stuff from 3 and 4 years ago.

Coincidence? Not hardly. But the bait and switch has gone on for so long people cant even remember what has been showcased and hyped and what hasnt.
    Babuinix
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited October 2017
    rodarin said:
    hfztt said:
    MaxBacon said:

youll NEVER see ANYTHING that is PLAYABLE at any of these conventions. At least not playable on any server other than their own.

But SQ 42 should tell everyone something.

They WILL make a MAJOR announcement about SOMETHING and then next year THAT WONT be delivered either.

The fact that people fall for the same shell game year in and year out is amazing.

You can go back over the past 3 or 4 conventions (pick any of them) there isnt a single thing that highlighted any of them that is actually in the PTU, that includes stuff from 3 and 4 years ago.

Coincidence? Not hardly. But the bait and switch has gone on for so long people cant even remember what has been showcased and hyped and what hasnt.
    Making stuff up again lol? All the stuff we are playing now was shown or hinted in some form at Gamescon and Citizencon first.

Hangars, Dogfighting, Racing, ArcCorp City, 2.0 BabyPU, ComLink missions, FPS gameplay, Multicrew etc etc...

One example:

The game is complex for the outsiders as it is, no need to spread false information, if so it's better to refrain from posting or double checking first with someone who actually plays and follows Star Citizen development lol

ExcessionNecropsie
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    LMAO those arent 'hype' fluff, those are merely core game mechanics that werent in the game. BTW how is persistence coming along?

Youre going to cite things that every MMO should have and call it them fulfilling some sort of big reveal?

Just because you have idoits clapping for them flying a ship (a BASE mechanic of any space game) obviously doesnt make it special. it just means they actually made ships move the way they HAVE to move in a space game.

Basically that is a 25 minute video of them walking in a station pulling up a ship getting on the ship flying to a way point going back to the station and walking around. Those are CORE MECHANICS not fluff and hype. 

But glad you mentioned multi crew. Are those in the PTU yet? As in a ship that takes more than 1 or 2 real players to control?

So you pick something from two years ago that isnt anything beyond the basics of any MMO and want to use it as an example of all the things they have done. LMAO.  But its typical I guess because with so little to actually cheer about you HAVE to find something I guess.
    Excession
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited October 2017
    rodarin said:

You got exposed, hard. Moving goalposts won't change that. Again refrain from posting false information.

ExcessionShaighNecropsie
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Babuinix said:

You got exposed, hard.
    I can see his wee-wee D:
    ErillionExcessionToodles
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Babuinix said:
    rodarin said:

You got exposed, hard. Moving goalposts won't change that. Again refrain from posting false information.

Now, about moving goal posts: Somthing about throwing stones and glass houses...
    ExcessionKefo
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Last update : Oct 13th, 2017

This week our dedicated Evocati testers from the Community tackled Alpha 3.0 and allowed us to see performance and network issues we weren’t able to with our internal test group. This feedback gave us good insight on areas we can optimize to ensure that when 3.0 goes Live, it is a smooth, fun experience. As of Thursday, we were at 23 must fix issues to polish our shopping and cargo features, as well as working together with Evocati to process and fix bugs so we can get the build ready for the PTU and then go Live.