Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Rise of Agon - How Agon Is Rising to the Challenge - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• mirimkomirimko Member UncommonPosts: 13
  • Avenging_MartyrAvenging_Martyr Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited April 2017
    Hey, a returning darkfall veteran here.

I use to help and train new players so I'd like to mention just a few of the great things BPG has done.

Frontloading skills and stats is beyond huge. As the graphs available within this link will show you https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-august-5th-2016/

This greatly reduces the grind needed to be combat viable. Many skills/spells have reduced requirements and some by major amounts compared to the past and many passives were removed (maxed and given instantly so benefit is there but no need to grind them)

Mirimkos post with the compiled patch notes is a great link https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/game/development/compiled-patch-notes/

NPC cities are now much safer than in the past. Any attack  & All spells cause damage which activates the defensive tower system. Healing hostile invaders/pkers now flags you as hostile as well.

You can activate a prevent damage to players with positive alignment function. This prevents griefers or friends of hostiles with positive alignment from jumping into your attacks against hostiles which would previously cause you to be flagged as hostile so the defensive towers attacked you as well. (Cheesy but it's been fixed)

Clans now have 2 banks. A regular clan bank and a Officers clan bank. Making recruiting new players less of a risk to larger or veteran clans.

Between the hotbar revamp and 1 click looting there is no real need for macros or auto hotkeys.

The new scrolls creation system and certain skills like utility spells or self buffs/buff others requiring scrolls to level up. So active players need to explore/fight/farm and craft/trade/buy to level many spells. Some spells require scrolls to raise up but you can craft scrolls for any spell and get what you want raised up if you have the materials or money to buy it from others. A skill Manuel system is in the works for melee/archery skills as well.

Once the economy is rolling newer players could buy scrolls/manuals (manuals are not implemented yet, scrolls are active) or clans/friends may provide scrolls/manuals to get newer players up to speed much faster.

The current mediation system can raise skills/stats while online or offline as well. On top of a much faster gains on skills and stats when compared to any past version of Darkfall.

Of course I cannot forget to mention the multiple changes to prevent hacking. From early changes which moved more things server side and out of the clients reach. Restructuring of the code to prevent more skilled hackers from hacking as well as changes to the code for better tracking of in game items to track/prevent duping or similar cheating methods. The most recent addition of actual anti-hack software which you can read more about here: https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/news/official-updates/implementing-anti-hack-software/

All combined equals serious efforts by BPG to stomp out cheaters and hackers for a better Darkfall experience.

BPG are not the same as Aventurine in the past. This time they all speak english (Former devs were greek) and talk and listen to the player base. They've already completed several things the former devs said was impossible like a second clan bank tab or frontloading skills/spells. Which are in game and working right now.

The time is now! Darkfall Rise of Agon launches May 5th. No game purchase required. 12 $ Canadian 10$ American for a monthly subscription. Launch will be the busiest craziest time and noone will have an advantage except for player skill ;)

I made a video for the return of Darkfall awhile ago. This link skips a slow start at first you'll see a naked veteran doing major damage to geared players and changing the tide through a basic melee weapon & player skill then a large gathering of one side of a siege force followed by some large scale siege footage. Poor quality as large battles were much harder to record back then. Followed by many battles scenes showing the awesome combat of Darkfall and battle tactics like group spell volleys.

Timed link doesn't seem to work. Please skip to 1:38

For veterans who missed Darkfall I would suggest watching from the start :)

For the rest I'll be waiting to see you in game.
    Post edited by Avenging_Martyr on
  • BranXBranX Member UncommonPosts: 79
    I used to play DFO back years ago and I also played Darkfall Unholy Wars. AV was such a terrible company but this company that has risen up by veterans seems to be going in the right direction. I'll definitely be giving this game a shot. I hope to see you all in game!