Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite among the Asian games

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
I've been playing ESO for three years now and while I consider it my main game, I feel like a want another game to go to once in a while. GW2 and WoW used to be that for me, but I don't really feel like playing those much any more.

I am giving Revelation a try (I've made it to level 9), but I find it really hard to accept the character models and some of the art and design, though I do like the tab targeting and combat from what little I've experienced. But it somehow feels cheaply made to me.

I'm looking for any type of mmorpg. It can have pvp or not. I don't mind. I feel like something tab targeting, but action combat is okay, too. I've played a bit of BDO and Aion and those are possible. I can also play Bless in Korea once I get details on the English patch. Tried a bit of Blade and Soul, but I would prefer a larger world with less instancing (BDO, ArcheAge, etc.). 

I like grindy games as long as I feel I can keep my progress. This is one of the major reasons I can't be bothered to grind in WoW any more.

What do you think is best among the Asian games since Aion? (I don't really want to go back before 2008).

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I dare say the best Asian mmorpg at the moment is FFXIV.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Lineage II, ArcheAge and Black Desert online. Too bad though that all 3 are invested by bots and cheaters thanks to bad coding and failing (3rd party!) anti-hacking tools. Also worth to note that the 1st 2 lack GMs that dare to actually ban people/IPs for botting and cheating.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2017
    I love BDO (probably my #1 favorite among asian mmorpgs) and i like ArcheAge too, but i'm not blind, what they have in scope they lack in production value, polish, and management (terrible companies running them).

But we all have opinions.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    For me it is FFXIV and Black Desert Online.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Tera, Aion, BDO, maybe bless only a lvl 7 mystic atm, videos from mystic seems fun! Healing/buffer wonder whats the most used healer for pve paladin or mystic.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited April 2017
    I really enjoyed Lineage 2, Aion, Echo Of Soul and now enjoying  Black Desert .
    You can also try Blade And Soul. 
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Good suggestions. I will probably fire up BDO again. I was a bit overwhelmed the last time I played. If anyone has a good up-to-date beginner's guide, link it up.

I'm also going to see about getting into the KR Bless open beta and find the English patch.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    BDO is not that complicated to learn, once you get it down it is extremely rewarding. I only quit because it started feeling like a part-time job. Went back to LOTRO for the first time in years and enjoying the hell out of it. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • bolivarssacrificebolivarssacrifice Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited April 2017
    I dare say the best Asian mmorpg at the moment is FFXIV.
    Absolutely, this. FFXIV is such a beautiful, polished game. The only downside to me is the nearly complete lack of PvP. It has an amazing crafting system. The crafting is so deep and well designed that it's comical when compared to, say, WoW's crafting. The job system is quite fun, too.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Final Fantasy XI
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Lineage
    Lineage II
    Black Desert
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    d_20 said:
    Good suggestions. I will probably fire up BDO again. I was a bit overwhelmed the last time I played. If anyone has a good up-to-date beginner's guide, link it up.

I'm also going to see about getting into the KR Bless open beta and find the English patch.

Here is a pretty good newbie video. 

Bless Online is the best MMO I have played in years

Any word on release of NA Version? 

• 7SilentNights7SilentNights Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Phantasy Star Online 2 will forever be my number 1 recommended asian game. It offers a bit of everything and is constantly being updated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Hands down BDO for me. :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Recore said:

d_20 said:

Here is a pretty good newbie video. 

Thanks, Recore!

• KelarleeKelarlee Member UncommonPosts: 25
    If you solo player then i suggest you BDO. If you looking for social aspects in the game, then FFXIV or Archage.
  • OrionKnightOrionKnight Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Haven't tried any MMORPG other than Ragnarok Journey. I will try all of the games you listed tho! Thankies! :awesome: