Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Warden From the Ground Up - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Xiaoki said:
    Im waiting for the spell morphs.

Seems like an alright class with a lot of flexibility but if they want to get me anticipated for the expansion I need to know how I can build and progress the character.
    ESO Skill Factory has some info already in their character builder based on several sources of released details, watching official videos, etc. It's long way from release accuracy and many things are missing but it's the best we got for now:

https://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer/#f0,r0,c5;0:0:0:0:0:0;0:0:0:0:0:0;0;0,0,0;0,0,0;;0,0,0;0,0;

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Pet Sorc is already ranking pretty high for DPS meta.  But sure let's give them another flex spot, they totally need it.

A good pet is a huge asset.  Same reason Inner light is on everyone's bar twice.  Nobody would run it if it wasn't warranted.
    Pet Sorc is already ranking pretty high for DPS meta.  But sure let's give them another flex spot, they totally need it.

A good pet is a huge asset.  Same reason Inner light is on everyone's bar twice.  Nobody would run it if it wasn't warranted.
    Yeah it's why every raid has a pet sorc in it and the best PVPers use them... oh wait, they don't.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Xiaoki said:
    Im waiting for the spell morphs.

Seems like an alright class with a lot of flexibility but if they want to get me anticipated for the expansion I need to know how I can build and progress the character.
    ESO Skill Factory has some info already in their character builder based on several sources of released details, watching official videos, etc. It's long way from release accuracy and many things are missing but it's the best we got for now:

https://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer/#f0,r0,c5;0:0:0:0:0:0;0:0:0:0:0:0;0;0,0,0;0,0,0;;0,0,0;0,0;

http://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/share/16936/

Already have a build >.<b
    Iselin said:

Yeah it's why every raid has a pet sorc in it and the best PVPers use them... oh wait, they don't.
    Fair enough.  Pets are a liability in raid content no matter what the game.  Even in games where they are immune to damage they find a way to be a problem lol.
    Torval said:
    Pets are powerful but they can cause all sorts of problems with chain aggro. They also don't stand up well against... most everything. And they're ugly.
    Who you calling ugly? :)

They're useful for exactly 2 things:

1. To give you a heal and tank a bit when you need that at very low levels, and...
    2. For special high-end builds that make it easier to solo a group dungeon

Otherwise, they are a waste of space.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Fair enough.  Pets are a liability in raid content no matter what the game.  Even in games where they are immune to damage they find a way to be a problem lol.
    ESO has always been gun shy about making any pets in the game too strong. They seem to have no problem over-tuning some non-pet abilities and leaving them OP'd for months. Remember Vampires that first year? How about Wrecking Blow spam about a year ago? Sorcerer Shield stacking when it was a 30 second skill?

Pets? They have never been anything but 2nd class citizens since launch. Slightly more useful these days with the special on-demand abilities they gave them but they have never even approached top-tier skill level... never mind being OPd. And each one takes 20% of your skill bar slots lol.

It's a strong anti-pet bias they have over there.

I would love to have pet abilities that even approach just an adequate pet class like the WOW Hunter. We'll probably get that sometime after Spellcrafting and dragons :) 

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited April 2017
    Distopia said:
    Iselin said:
    Ozmodan said:
    So they take away your ultimate slot for this class?  What an absurd idea.  Not enough slots as it is and they remove one, not even worth the bother to play this class just for that one reason.

It's part of their design choice in that any summoned creature needs to be on both bars or they are unsummoned when you switch to your other bar if the skill is not also on that one.

It has been a source of annoyance for sorcerers for a very long time and there have been many requests over the years to let the summoned creature persist until unsummoned or killed without this requirement.

Some of us thought when the Warden class was announced with its permanent ultimate bear pet that this was a great opportunity for them to revisit this annoying both-bars requirement... surely they didn't want to tie up both ultimate slots with one pet summon... unfortunately they did indeed opt for the worst possible way to do it.
    I can understand the frustration but the reasoning seems rather apparent. Wouldn't that allow a class to essentially use two ultimates at the same time if they dropped that restriction? I haven't played a sorc, so I don't know the overall benefit of their pets, yet if pets are effective in combat situations it would make sense to limit the use of another ultimate while they're called.  
    Pets dies rather quickly and really doesn't do much damage.  ESO really penalizes pet classes and the Warden will be no different.
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023

Wedlen said:

ESO needs more skills and more skills on the skill bar. The game feels quite bland skill wise.

I dont think its that gw2 hasnt more skills and combat is way more fun
    The problem i see is that i think pet classes dont work if u - just have an additional ally - becuase the pet will then always be op or useless...there needs to be a high skill combo interactivity.... i think gw2 does that pretty well
    Im still hoping for a necromancer skill line at one point...doesnt need a whole class imo...but would make for a nice cool nightblade mage build
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited April 2017
    Stamina/magicka regen for allies (10%) some cool healing and defense spells in green balance and winter embrace! Will try support@

I dont like the templar heal and imo all other heals are inferior compared to templar. Thats why I havent played it for a long time. But this class looks awesome :pleased:

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

mistmaker said:

Wedlen said:

ESO needs more skills and more skills on the skill bar. The game feels quite bland skill wise.

yes, forced weapon switching is a strange concept. GW2 is the same problem for me. Those few skills and weapon switching...

butif you want to make a console game you have to limit the UI. TESO would be a better PC game without this limitations

Using button/trigger modifiers a controller can be used for quite a few actions. I play WoW using a controller addon that gives you 40-ish button combinations. Obviously you wouldn't want to make a console game that makes players remember 40 combinations, but console games definitely don't need to be limited to 5 or 6 abilities.
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493

Wedlen said:

I dont think its that gw2 hasnt more skills and combat is way more fun
    ESO has the worst combat of any MMO I played. They took the worst aspects of the single player games and combined them with a crappy tab target system. I love how people tout that this game has amazing action combat, when mobs have these huge hit boxes and you can shoot heat seeking arrows. 
    TheScavenger