Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox Scorpio specs officially revealed

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
  • CPU – Eight custom x86 cores clocked at 2.3GHz
  • GPU – 40 customised compute units at 1172MHz
  • Memory – 12GB GDDR5
  • Memory Bandwidth – 326GB/s
  • Hard Drive – 1TB 2.5-inch
  • Optical Drive – 4K UHD Blu-ray

Scorpio uses a custom, upgraded version of AMD’s Jaguar CPU tech, the same one found in the original Xbox One as well as PS4, and PS4 Pro. It’s clocked at 2.3GHz, higher than PS4 Pro’s 2.1GHz and Xbox One’s 1.75GHz, though it retains the 4MB L2 Cache.

The GPU, partially based on a Polaris chip, sports 40 compute units, as opposed to PS4 Pro’s 36. More importantly, they have a clock speed of 1172MHz, much higher than the 911MHz the PS4 Pro delivers. The site estimates this to result in 43% advantage in compute power.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/04/06/xbox-scorpio-specs-officially-revealed/

Digital Foundry estimates Xbox Scorpio will run $499, the same price Xbox One was at launch. That’s $100 more than PS4 Pro, depending on the retailer.

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    32bit ?

:(

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    edited April 2017
    Some info on the site that's totally wrong...
    Memory bandwidth is 326GB/s from the 12GB of GDDR5 RAM on board. The console does not use GDDR5X as some predicted. 8GB of that memory will be available for use in games, as opposed to 5GB for PS4 Pro.
    PS4 uses 8Gb DDR5 and the Pro has an additional 1Gb DDR3 for it's extra features. So basically the Scorpio only has 3Gb more, but it's faster in general.

I'm more interested in the 4K specs of the Scorpio though. It's been told since it's announcement that developers would not be able to actually code in 4K (which is possible for the PS4Pro), but only 1080p and the Scorpio would upscale it to 4K. And while the Digital Foundry link in OPs post does mention native 4K, there's no word if it's upscaling to 4K, or that developers can code the 4K directly, which IMO would make a HUGE difference! Afterall, upscaling to 4K can be called native, but without actually coding in 4K, it would make that extra 43% power over the PS4Pro totally useless...

Also worth to note that I don't give a rat's ass about the XBOX in general. Not because I own a PS2/3/4/Portable/Vita/TV, but because I prefer to play jRPGs, which are not available for XBOX unless they're also on the PS...