Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect Andromeda Isn’t As Bad As You’ve Heard - The RPG Files at MMORPG.com

124678

Comments

  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 282
    key word is professionalism, this is not some third world company creating a game? imo their goal should be to reach out to the larger consumer based? but in this instance how on earth could they failed so badly? with basics stuff? 

    hey this is the same as diablo 3, just shows companies are just interested in cashing  to fleece their loyal fan base?

    imo, in this case its no difference than going to a posh resturant or buying a bmw or merc we expect a higher standard than the norm.

    my 2 cents.


  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,392
    76 for a series that has a 90-100 rating is a pretty huge drop. And a sign of things to come from BioWare. OK, honestly I gave up on BW once I saw that joke of a game called SWTOR. I knew they were just EA. I'm sure it a decent game, but ME and Bioware were so far above decent.
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,392

    Maurgrim said:

    I really don't care about the animations, I really don't care about the poor optimization, It's a good game but what I do care compare to ME2 are the companions, in MEA they are boring, not fun, stale, nothing to remember, but in ME2, damn those companions are gold and NPCs made the game, they were "alive"
    I don't see that happens in MEA.



    Ahh... the just like the animations? Funny how that works.
  • TierlessTierless ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,383
    The modern game review; you were positive-paid shill! You were negative, h8er troll! This is why Tim struggles with assigning numbers to games.
    But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers, knowing no other path.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    DMKano said:
    I can only speak for myself - Andromeda is the worst game of the series by far.

    this is the only ME game where I actually LOL'd at how bad the writing and voice acting was. Animations I am not even going to go there.

    What ME:Andromeda lacks is - soul. The previous ME games had it.

    Ita feels like an assembly like mass produced product, and frankly it sucks.

    So for me the game IS as bad as many say it is.

    just my 2c

    I didn't really mind the voice acting for the most part. There was just a lot of badly written dialogue.

    MRW your squadmate says "I really pissed that one off .. Probably because I shot him in the face!!!!!"



    I cringed so hard my face hurt. I don't blame the voice actor. Even a great actor couldn't make that line work.
  • spidiispidii Member UncommonPosts: 143
    These teams need to learn from Naughty Dog, great writing, great VA, solid gameplay and exceptional animations. If these guys can do it on PS3 (referring to The Last of Us), surely with the hardware we have now things should not be released by AAA studios in this shape. If ME:A were an MMO, that's a different story, no one expects that but from a hugely hyped and highly budgeted single player title, this simply didn't live up. Feels like the gaming equivalent of True Detective S2.

    That being said, if you enjoy the game, power to you, we're all here to have fun and some of us have different tastes and expectations than others.

    In other news, Persona 5 has me hyped AF.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,029
    molepeopo said:

    Talmien said:

    I'm one of those gamers who hasn't bought it because of the word of mouth says that its a failure.

    I tend to not listen to video games critics, because the reality is, they are not critics, they're the biggest fans and gamers out there. They love games so much, and love the developers that make them, that they'll never be able to give a honest and objective reviews, even though that say otherwise. Most "critics" get review copies for free, and even that skews your perspective. I prefer to read user reviews from people who have limited gaming budgets to help me find how best to spend my money on entertainment.



    it's hard for me to take player reviews serious when you see alot of reviews on metacritic like "lulz game sucks"
    Metacritic to me is like someone using Wikipedia or NaturalNews as credible sources for facts.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,903
    I have never heard anyone who hadn't seen a movie yet insisted on their opinion about it.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Currently Playing: DOOM (2016)
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,903
    TimEisen said:
    The modern game review; you were positive-paid shill! You were negative, h8er troll! This is why Tim struggles with assigning numbers to games.
    Oh are we referencing to ourselves in third-person now? Connie likes that!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Currently Playing: DOOM (2016)
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,029
    Renoaku said:
    I hear the characters are worse than Mass Effect 3 "Model Wise".

    And the game has Denvuo, when it removes Denuvo, and if the rumors aren't true ill buy it.
    Remove Denvuo so you can cheat in this game's mulitplayer like in all the other games you cheat in?  Nah, I'd rather keep it and keep out the cheaters.
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 721

    Ginaz said:

    I have no idea why the staff here are defending the game as much as they are. I haven't seen it taken to this level before. We get it. You like the game. You really, really like it. Some people won't like it as much as you or at all. Some of the criticism is a little overboard (like all the social engineering stuff) but there are many legitimate problems with this new ME. Some of the staff responses are borderline fanboyism. Relax and calm your tits.






    +1
    Whatever you say about people not liking the game, you guys just keep posting positive reviews one after another, yes we get it, you like it, or they pay you, but, we don't care, just move on.
    You don't have to prove you are right, you stated your review and opinion long ago.

    image


    Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Reply
    Add Multi-Quote

  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,029
    SBFord said:
    Volgore said:
    People are disappointed by a game.
    MMORPG.COM releasing an article about how its not so bad.

    Bu$iness as usual and nothing we haven't seen various times before.

    Yet another baseless accusation. Go figure. 

    wish we were paid to review positively. I'd have a lot bigger bank balance. Amazingly, I like it as do a whole lot of other people. That you don't like it is YOUR business but to, once again, launch an unjustified insinuation that a positive article or review is "paid for" is quite old and tiresome.

    As much as everyone's supposed to accept that there are people who hate this game, are disappointed in the game, etc., so too should it be acceptable for people to like MEA and to give their reasons why. Chris acknowledged both pros and cons and made a good argument why he believes (CATCH THE KEY WORDS?) it's not as bad as it's been painted.

    Such a tiresome, boring accusation with absolutely no proof other than "because I say it's so" behind it. Just stop.
    The level of disrespect the staff here gets blows my mind.  You are all very honest and very welcoming.  It's one of the main reasons this is my main gaming site to visit daily.  Don't let the few disgruntled children make you forget that a lot of us appreciate all your work.  At the end of the day we are all gamers (staff included) and should at the very least respect each other.  Even when we don't agree.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    SBFord said:
    Volgore said:
    People are disappointed by a game.
    MMORPG.COM releasing an article about how its not so bad.

    Bu$iness as usual and nothing we haven't seen various times before.

    Yet another baseless accusation. Go figure. 

    wish we were paid to review positively. I'd have a lot bigger bank balance. Amazingly, I like it as do a whole lot of other people. That you don't like it is YOUR business but to, once again, launch an unjustified insinuation that a positive article or review is "paid for" is quite old and tiresome.

    As much as everyone's supposed to accept that there are people who hate this game, are disappointed in the game, etc., so too should it be acceptable for people to like MEA and to give their reasons why. Chris acknowledged both pros and cons and made a good argument why he believes (CATCH THE KEY WORDS?) it's not as bad as it's been painted.

    Such a tiresome, boring accusation with absolutely no proof other than "because I say it's so" behind it. Just stop.
    The level of disrespect the staff here gets blows my mind.  You are all very honest and very welcoming.  It's one of the main reasons this is my main gaming site to visit daily.  Don't let the few disgruntled children make you forget that a lot of us appreciate all your work.  At the end of the day we are all gamers (staff included) and should at the very least respect each other.  Even when we don't agree.
    I wonder how some of these folks would feel if we all just started saying they're paid shills from competing companies? How long would it take for them to get all uppity and defensive?

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson


  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 542
    Azoth said:
    Asch126 said:
    Azoth said:
    Asch126 said:
    SBFord said:
    Asch126 said:
    This is one of the worst articles I've seen here so far.

    It's childish, and honestly, pathetic to just dismiss everything the community has said like this.
    Not everyone in "the community" is up in arms. Most are quietly and happily playing the game while acknowledging that there are flaws and bugs, even a lot of them, but also waiting to hear how those issues will be dealt with come Tuesday. Much of what is "wrong" with MEA will be addressed through patches. 

    The bottom line is, if the story isn't to your liking. If the game doesn't meet your expectations. If you hate the game play, the character models, or any one of a litany of things -- stop playing  and go back to play the Original Trilogy and hope that the next ME game is better. 

    I find that this has been a pretty damned good first effort by a young team. I have a lot of confidence in their future and the future of the series.
    "Most" are happily playing the game? Since when is YOUR opinion the opinion of "most" now?

    "Oh, it'll be patched so it's ok", since when was that acceptable? Since when is a game with so many issues with animations and the writing given a pass because it's "a young team"?
    Almost all of the people that I know that bought the game are actually liking it. 1 out of 9 decided to stop playing and wait for updates.
    Oh really? The people YOU know like it? I'm sorry, i forgot you and your friends spoke for everyone else.
    It's the only valid metric I have. At least it comes from people that have played the games.
    Ah ok, so everyone that mentions the bugs, all the videos showing how terrible the animation and writing is, they have the game and they dislike it. That opinion somehow means less than your friends or the writer of the article's opnions?
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 542
    SBFord said:
    Volgore said:
    People are disappointed by a game.
    MMORPG.COM releasing an article about how its not so bad.

    Bu$iness as usual and nothing we haven't seen various times before.

    Yet another baseless accusation. Go figure. 

    wish we were paid to review positively. I'd have a lot bigger bank balance. Amazingly, I like it as do a whole lot of other people. That you don't like it is YOUR business but to, once again, launch an unjustified insinuation that a positive article or review is "paid for" is quite old and tiresome.

    As much as everyone's supposed to accept that there are people who hate this game, are disappointed in the game, etc., so too should it be acceptable for people to like MEA and to give their reasons why. Chris acknowledged both pros and cons and made a good argument why he believes (CATCH THE KEY WORDS?) it's not as bad as it's been painted.

    Such a tiresome, boring accusation with absolutely no proof other than "because I say it's so" behind it. Just stop.
    The level of disrespect the staff here gets blows my mind.  You are all very honest and very welcoming.  It's one of the main reasons this is my main gaming site to visit daily.  Don't let the few disgruntled children make you forget that a lot of us appreciate all your work.  At the end of the day we are all gamers (staff included) and should at the very least respect each other.  Even when we don't agree.
    Hehe, honest.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Asch126 said:
    Azoth said:
    Asch126 said:
    Azoth said:
    Asch126 said:
    SBFord said:
    Asch126 said:
    This is one of the worst articles I've seen here so far.

    It's childish, and honestly, pathetic to just dismiss everything the community has said like this.
    Not everyone in "the community" is up in arms. Most are quietly and happily playing the game while acknowledging that there are flaws and bugs, even a lot of them, but also waiting to hear how those issues will be dealt with come Tuesday. Much of what is "wrong" with MEA will be addressed through patches. 

    The bottom line is, if the story isn't to your liking. If the game doesn't meet your expectations. If you hate the game play, the character models, or any one of a litany of things -- stop playing  and go back to play the Original Trilogy and hope that the next ME game is better. 

    I find that this has been a pretty damned good first effort by a young team. I have a lot of confidence in their future and the future of the series.
    "Most" are happily playing the game? Since when is YOUR opinion the opinion of "most" now?

    "Oh, it'll be patched so it's ok", since when was that acceptable? Since when is a game with so many issues with animations and the writing given a pass because it's "a young team"?
    Almost all of the people that I know that bought the game are actually liking it. 1 out of 9 decided to stop playing and wait for updates.
    Oh really? The people YOU know like it? I'm sorry, i forgot you and your friends spoke for everyone else.
    It's the only valid metric I have. At least it comes from people that have played the games.
    Ah ok, so everyone that mentions the bugs, all the videos showing how terrible the animation and writing is, they have the game and they dislike it. That opinion somehow means less than your friends or the writer of the article's opnions?
    Have you played the game? Honest question, as it will show in how you answer this next question.. How long do you see that random odd animation, how much dialogue is in this game?

    When people bring up the "writing" that's so vague of a complaint. As there is tons of writing in this game, is all of it good? No... is all of it bad? No....The animation complaint is essentially the same story, there's so much of it, and it all goes by very quickly, it too is not all bad or all good. Anyone could go compile a video of all the good parts and sensationalize how good it is, just as they can do with showing the bad. 

    As for how about those videos? None of us who have played care about that, we've seen it first hand, at that point reviews breakdowns/etc. are meaningless...

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson


  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,029
    Asch126 said:
    SBFord said:
    Volgore said:
    People are disappointed by a game.
    MMORPG.COM releasing an article about how its not so bad.

    Bu$iness as usual and nothing we haven't seen various times before.

    Yet another baseless accusation. Go figure. 

    wish we were paid to review positively. I'd have a lot bigger bank balance. Amazingly, I like it as do a whole lot of other people. That you don't like it is YOUR business but to, once again, launch an unjustified insinuation that a positive article or review is "paid for" is quite old and tiresome.

    As much as everyone's supposed to accept that there are people who hate this game, are disappointed in the game, etc., so too should it be acceptable for people to like MEA and to give their reasons why. Chris acknowledged both pros and cons and made a good argument why he believes (CATCH THE KEY WORDS?) it's not as bad as it's been painted.

    Such a tiresome, boring accusation with absolutely no proof other than "because I say it's so" behind it. Just stop.
    The level of disrespect the staff here gets blows my mind.  You are all very honest and very welcoming.  It's one of the main reasons this is my main gaming site to visit daily.  Don't let the few disgruntled children make you forget that a lot of us appreciate all your work.  At the end of the day we are all gamers (staff included) and should at the very least respect each other.  Even when we don't agree.
    Hehe, honest.
    Believe whatever you want.  I have been here for a long time and that's my experience.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,525
    "it is a disappointment"

    I agree.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    rensta said:

    Ginaz said:

    I have no idea why the staff here are defending the game as much as they are. I haven't seen it taken to this level before. We get it. You like the game. You really, really like it. Some people won't like it as much as you or at all. Some of the criticism is a little overboard (like all the social engineering stuff) but there are many legitimate problems with this new ME. Some of the staff responses are borderline fanboyism. Relax and calm your tits.






    +1
    Whatever you say about people not liking the game, you guys just keep posting positive reviews one after another, yes we get it, you like it, or they pay you, but, we don't care, just move on.
    You don't have to prove you are right, you stated your review and opinion long ago.
    This works both ways.. As for the site.. are you kidding, look how much traffics these threads are generating:)...

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson


  • Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    On my 2nd playthrough atm and having fun with the game. The graphics ( especially the facial animations ) suck for a AAA title in 2017. The writers imagination had a few months off as the story is simply a reimagining of the original trilogy ( the similarities are so obvious ) with more corny lines than Kellogs, sodoku and other puzzles are completely overdone & some of the most boring quests in modern memory somehow got past Q&A ( but then the rest got past Q&A as well ).

    At the heart of it all though is fun gameplay and how often has it been said that gameplay is the most important aspect of any game. It can look and sound absolutely amazing but if the gameplay sucks the game will fail hard.

    The problem here is that MEA is a huge missed opportunity for EA ( not Bioware, they don't exist anymore other than a name ) and is yet another example of a company run by suits that have no idea. They didn't learn a damn thing from the ME3 fiasco and are now feeling the backlash and no doubt completely missing the point while being focused on the bottom line.
  • EothasEothas Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited April 2017
    Hmm... I personally haven't played it yet, not a fan of Mass Effect. Although I can see a lot of problems with this game, I doubt it is as bad as some people are saying. A vocal minority hates Bioware more than their games, so no matter what game they release, some people will spend hours/days just trying to find defects so they can bash the game.

    THE SAME THING will happen with Dragon Age 4 and their new IP, no matter what. Though DA 4 is being made by a more experienced team, so it will be harder to edit these videos with all problems/bugs together.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Eothas said:
    Hmm... I personally haven't played it yet, not a fan of Mass Effect. Although I can see a lot of problems with this game, I doubt it is as bad as some people are saying. A vocal minority hates Bioware more than their games, so no matter what game they release, some people will spend hours/days just trying to find defects so they can bash the game.

    THE SAME THING will happen with Dragon Age 4 and their new IP, no matter what. Though DA 4 is being made by a more experienced team, so it will be harder to edit these videos with all problems/bugs together.
    Yep the sad part is those folks won't just come out and say that as that creates no scene...

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson


  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,543

    Flharfh said:


    Ginaz said:

    I have no idea why the staff here are defending the game as much as they are. I haven't seen it taken to this level before. We get it. You like the game. You really, really like it. Some people won't like it as much as you or at all. Some of the criticism is a little overboard (like all the social engineering stuff) but there are many legitimate problems with this new ME. Some of the staff responses are borderline fanboyism. Relax and calm your tits.




    You are right, the original review posted here was pretty blatant fanboyism. The reviewer wrote something like "graphic flaws don't matter because Mass Effect isn't about graphics." A video game where graphics don't matter? What is it, a MUD or something?



    Why do you people immediately call it fanboyism? Is it so hard to understand that other people might have a different opinion?

    There is no real truth behind this game. Every person is going to feel different about it, to the extent that some hate it and some love it. Grow up and respect that fact and maybe, just maybe, this place is going to be a lot more pleasant to visit.
    10
  • FuriantFuriant Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited April 2017

    I'm so tired of reviewers telling me that I'm some mindless drone in the social media hive mind. Social media is a bunch of people. You use social media -- how did you manage to escape the mob mentality?

    Give us a little credit please. I'm an adult and capable of forming my own opinions, thank you. And ME:A is exactly as bad as I would have me believe.

  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,102
    BizkitNL said:

    Flharfh said:


    Ginaz said:

    I have no idea why the staff here are defending the game as much as they are. I haven't seen it taken to this level before. We get it. You like the game. You really, really like it. Some people won't like it as much as you or at all. Some of the criticism is a little overboard (like all the social engineering stuff) but there are many legitimate problems with this new ME. Some of the staff responses are borderline fanboyism. Relax and calm your tits.




    You are right, the original review posted here was pretty blatant fanboyism. The reviewer wrote something like "graphic flaws don't matter because Mass Effect isn't about graphics." A video game where graphics don't matter? What is it, a MUD or something?



    Why do you people immediately call it fanboyism? Is it so hard to understand that other people might have a different opinion?

    There is no real truth behind this game. Every person is going to feel different about it, to the extent that some hate it and some love it. Grow up and respect that fact and maybe, just maybe, this place is going to be a lot more pleasant to visit.
    about graphics, "let me be frank here............you’re doing it wrong."

    Its attacking people for criticizing graphical flaws. 
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
Sign In or Register to comment.