Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Relaunching with a New Name: Secret World Legends - The Secret World - MMORPG.com

Comments

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    Color me intrigued...

Although ...Action MMO combat ... in a heavy story driven game is kind of scary...
  • MarcelinoMarcelino Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I am so excited for this, i weed a little.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited March 2017
    NAME RESERVATION and ARCHIVED CHARACTERS!

If you have a current character in TSW pay attention. Make sure to log in between now and April 5th (one week) so you can keep those names. They will be doing an archive of all characters that have not logged in for 6 months or more. Anyone who has logged in will be able to use one of their existing characters as a name reservation for the new TSW.

You can only use existing TSW characters for name reservations and you will also need to link your TSW account to your Legends account. Names will only be available for 3 months post launch so make sure you get on it once the game launches.

Details here:
    https://secretworldlegends.com/news/namereservation/
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

fs23otm said:

Color me intrigued...

Although ...Action MMO combat ... in a heavy story driven game is kind of scary...

TSW was half-action already, it's one the reason why the combat is clunky: the weird half tab-target, half-action RPG dodge/mouselook combat.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Defintely can see long term players getting irritated they can't transfer characters. As a player who played briefly and left because I didn't like the combat and crafting, I find this intruiging.  So they will be running two seperate Secret World games?  Long term players can stick with classic Secret World and new players can play Legends it seems like.  If they can maintain the same high level of questing and story and improve that combat , I can seem myself spending a lot of time in Legends.  Whether I spend much money will be seen.  All content updates free seems like a terrific deal.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    It doesn't sound like there's any Founder's benefits for those of us who have actually purchased TSW. I not only purchased the game at launch, but have spent money on the cash shop. I'd like some sort of bonuses for that like other games do. Giving me access to three character slots instead of one would be a nice start...
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    edited March 2017

DMKano said:

Combat remains unchanged?

I dont know about you but when I read this line: "overhauled combat from the ground up," that seems to signal to me that there is indeed some kind of change to combat. My biggest issue with the game was combat. If they can fix this, I will be back and dropping dollars in it like a sailor in a strip club on payday.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• IsariiIsarii Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Hype! I've always been a huge fan of the The Secret World, and I wasn't even that bothered by the combat. That said, yeah, it getting an overhaul is a super welcome change.

Really glad Funcom is using some of that Conan Exiles money to try to breathe life back into the game, and I hope it works. There's a lot to love in this game, and it's well deserving of a second chance.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2017
    I'm pretty interested to see how this will work out. The story was pretty good and pulled no punches to convey points up to the parts I played. I did like the skill potential but yeah the combat animations and such were pretty meh. Since it'll be f2p, it wont hurt having it installed to visit from time to time assuming it doesn't shut down within the same year like all those ones we had last year.
  • adamlin747adamlin747 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I actually like this game except how they did powers and combat. If they fixed that I think it would be a great game. Especially the ablities/powers it was confusing and just not that well done.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    So if you bought the original game you can play Legends but your old characters stay on the old game and you have to create new ones on Legends am I reading that right ?  Does patron status give you the inventory or do you still have to spend extra for that ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    If it turns into basically a single player action RPG, then I might actually play it. I've bought The Secret World years ago and still have yet to open it.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263

Hashbrick said:

If it turns into basically a single player action RPG, then I might actually play it. I've bought The Secret World years ago and still have yet to open it.

Let me understand, you bought a game and did not even open it?
  • dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Saddened by this (played TSW since the first open betas) but the game has been pretty much in maintenance mode for nigh on a year.
  • SchwaigerSchwaiger Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Instantly stopped playing once I heard there wouldn't be a character transfer of some kind. Salty AF
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    This is basically a lazy "sequel", where they take old game assets & lore and  reuse/improve them, while f#%king over the people who play/played the original game. Why not just go all in and create a full sequel. Fix the ugly character models, and really dial in on what was really good about TSW. This is basically a fresh start server scenario IMO. I'm sorry to be a Negative Nancy but, leopard = spots.

FUncom

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Such a lame "BAITING" thread,click here for details,there is no actual DETAILS of the game changes which is what this thread infers."ready to reveal the details".Server changes but NOT game details.

I was wondering why it seemed like every single poster was still dumbfounded with questions.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023

SBFord said:

DMKano said:

Combat remains unchanged?

If you read the article, it says very clearly (and on their site) that combat has been reworked.

That can mean anything or nothing...a complete overhaul with new animations - which i think is very unlikely - or simply tweaking of some values which wont change the sluggish feel
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Hashbrick said:

C'mon, how many people have you seen freely admit to buying dozens, even hundreds of games on Steam and never even trying them?

"Hey, it was a great deal!"

While not a Steam fan I think I have a few games from the 90s such as FFVII that I plan to play "one day"  ;)

Probably time to clean out that closet. :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Kyleran said:

Hashbrick said:

C'mon, how many people have you seen freely admit to buying dozens, even hundreds of games on Steam and never even trying them?

While not a Steam fan I think I have a few games from the 90s such as FFVII that I plan to play "one day"  ;)

I have 200 hundred games on Steam I bought Ion sale and havent touched yet. 
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    So.. imagine this "no char transfer" rule is permanent.

Old TSW players have:

-maxed out all skills and auxiliary weapons
    -augments
    -museum unlocks
    Not even to mention the gear.

If they stick with this it's fucking the loyal player base so badly it's not even funny.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Dakeru said:
    If they stick with this it's fucking the loyal player base so badly it's not even funny.
    No, it is not funny... you might be able to copy over "some" store-bought cosmetics (clothes, pets, mounts) to your new, fresh character, and also might be able to keep one of your names (if you have multiple alts). But that's it.
  • VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Kyleran said:

Hashbrick said:

Buying single player games and having a backlog is one thing, but buying a MMO when it comes out, then not bothering to even open it, is quite another lol.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So is SWL going to be like GW 1 where you only see people in hubs?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited March 2017
    Asheram said:
    So is SWL going to be like GW 1 where you only see people in hubs?
    "Close". It seems that besides people in your party you will see others but the amount of people in your "area" or "instance" (however they do it) is going to be much less.

From the interview:

As a Shared World RPG, we have reduced the maximum amount of players that can enter a playfield. While adventuring, you will still meet a few strangers here and there, but the focus is on you, and your friends if you choose.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo