Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Before you buy this game "Read the Terms OF Service"...

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    k61977 said:
    This is a non-issue.  Almost every game has a TOS just like that to be honest.  You got busted doing something against the rules.  Don't care if you got away with it in other games or not.  It is your responsibility to know the rules, you signed off on the TOS to begin with.  Betting you didn't read  them just like the other 99% of people, myself included some times.

I did read it at one point they just changed it between Alpha and Release, and even if I had of seen 10.2 in there it would have confused the hell out of me still.

And every game I have played generally has a TOS that I can Understand, this game from Germany though use the German wording for the TOS its in English, but makes no sense to me compared to even the other 3 I posted here, and I really think they need to fix this between now and the day it actually goes live.
    Excession
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Renoaku said:
    Renoaku said:

I don't cheat my games, again this was a honest mistake, I know I should have kept up to date with the "Terms & Conditions, but as I stated, and truthful because I put the picture on here, I played this game before they required acceptance of the Terms" and they have been changed more than once over the years, I simply missed the part that I wasn't legally allowed to trade items across games and did this which Violated their rules, and they have a strict policy against this...

For future reference... this is where a healthy dose of common sense comes in... don't take something NOT covered by the ToS as "allowed" when it looks shady as hell. Chances are good, it was overlooked and you're still going to find yourself getting sanctioned for it.

As for this game... I'm pretty sure it's a lost cause. IF they give you a second chance, they're opening the door for everyone who exploits to do the same thing you did; AKA slander them across the internet until they yield. Pretty much not going to happen at this point. Not to mention it encourages the mindset that it's okay to cheat, because you're going to get a second chance when/if caught.

I'm sorry this happened to you if it was actually a genuine mistake, but I think you're pretty much f***ed when it comes to this game.
    Well thanks, and yeah I Get your point about other people abusing it if they actually removed the ban off my account, or let me create another one without just banning it right off.

And I disagree with one thing, There is a difference between getting banned for cheating, and getting banned just for accepting a "Trade In Game" accepting a trade no matter where it comes from is in game mechanics its allowed, what wasn't allowed was accepting a trade which I did across games trading for example "World OF Warcraft Gold" for "Albion Gold" wasn't allowed and I missed this.

What I think the company needs to do, and reason I post this here, Is I think they need to add a section to the Terms OF Service called (Game Rules.) which also mentioned in their "Terms & Conditions, and basically make it a clickable link and add to it so people can easier understand.

Example.

Chat Rules
    . No Politcs
    . No Religion
    . No Cursing

Real Money Trading (Zero Tolerance Policy will result in ban.
    . No trading any in game Items, property, In Game Resources, for real money.
    . No buying in game Currency, Silver, or Gold, or Any items from within the game for Real Money
    . No Cross game trading, or Exchanges between games.

. No abusing Bugs, or Exploits instead report them, abusing exploits, or bugs is a ban worthy offense.
    . No use of 3rd party hacking programs to cheat.
    . No Modifying the game client or software.

This would make it easier for people to understand, because you have to remember the format they are using in the Terms OF Service, and the Wording is from "Germany" comparing 10.2 to Blizzards Terms & Conditions for World OF Warcraft, I can understand theirs a lot better than Albion Online.

As far as actual cheating though, Cheaters are going to cheat I mean if someone actually downloads a third party hacking program for a game, and actually cheats it intentionally, or abuses an in game exploit over and over again with knowledge of what they are doing then obviously they deserve a ban.

SedrynTyros said:
    So this thread in a nutshell: Before you buy this game, understand that you can't buy Gold from third party sellers.  Am I right, or did I miss something important? (I admit I didn't read every post)
    Also Yes generally this thread is, Don't buy a gold from 3rd parties, as well as Don't Exchange currency across games Example, World OF Warcraft Gold, for Albion Gold, as this is what got me banned pretty much was exchange across games I knew Real Money was a violation, but not giving away items and getting items from one game and getting currency or items in Albion.

Also if you read the last section of 10.2, It also says, That if you Receive a Large amount of currency in game, they will assume you bought it, now perhaps for example lets say I was playing Albion for a year, I have 500 Million Silver, and a Bank full of items, and I decide to just hand all my stuff over to you without letting you know in the game I am quitting Albion, Then the GM's could take this as a Real Money Trade, or Exchange, and ban you, which I think this is a little bit nuts, but its there.
    So you're the reason they put a warning label on a lawnmower telling you not to put your hands underneath the mower while it's running.  For the rest of us it was just common sense.
    If only common sense wasn't so rare =)
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Renoaku said:
    k61977 said:
    This is a non-issue.  Almost every game has a TOS just like that to be honest.  You got busted doing something against the rules.  Don't care if you got away with it in other games or not.  It is your responsibility to know the rules, you signed off on the TOS to begin with.  Betting you didn't read  them just like the other 99% of people, myself included some times.

I did read it at one point they just changed it between Alpha and Release, and even if I had of seen 10.2 in there it would have confused the hell out of me still.

And every game I have played generally has a TOS that I can Understand, this game from Germany though use the German wording for the TOS its in English, but makes no sense to me compared to even the other 3 I posted here, and I really think they need to fix this between now and the day it actually goes live.
    Anytime  they change TOS they have you re-click the agree the next time you log in.  These things are written by lawyers, they are all worded like that.  They are all just a little ambiguous to leave them some room to work with players who may have broken the rules but so they can give them another shot if they feel like it is best for them.  Sorry but no sympathy here.  Pretty sure someone from the game, a Developer, Korn42 actually posted on this showing you knew you where doing wrong.  You don't have a leg to stand on, you bought gold from a real money website and accepted it in game and they proved it.  So how are they at fault when you broke the TOS outright for almost any game online?  You deserve the ban and should not be allowed to make another account.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Korn42 said:
    Hi Renoaku,

normally, we would not comment on these cases. But as you are being very public about it across various forums, we'd like to make a short statement. 

Your in-game chatlogs, and the identity of the account that gave you the gold, leaves us with no doubt that you did indeed purchase gold from a 3rd party website. The fact that account who gave you the gold even said "Hi, I'm delivery" does not help, either. 

Note that these 3rd party websites are often involved in account hacking and credit card fraud, so the damage they cause is extensive. 

Buying gold from 3rd party websites is clearly forbidden by our terms and conditions, and always has been. On top of that, it is also forbidden in essentially any other game that we are aware of.
    I really wish more devs would do this to shut these cheaters up with their crying of how they were wronged.
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    I never read the small print I just enjoy the game. And I'm the one having the fun, just sayin'
    edited March 2017
    k61977 said:
    Renoaku said:
    k61977 said:

Anytime  they change TOS they have you re-click the agree the next time you log in.  These things are written by lawyers, they are all worded like that.  They are all just a little ambiguous to leave them some room to work with players who may have broken the rules but so they can give them another shot if they feel like it is best for them.  Sorry but no sympathy here.  Pretty sure someone from the game, a Developer, Korn42 actually posted on this showing you knew you where doing wrong.  You don't have a leg to stand on, you bought gold from a real money website and accepted it in game and they proved it.  So how are they at fault when you broke the TOS outright for almost any game online?  You deserve the ban and should not be allowed to make another account.

Well yeah, this is the problem here where i had a hard time understanding 10.2, they likely used German Legal team to write it, I am not saying its not legally binding over there or anything, but the way they word their Terms & Conditions, for some of us U.S players is rather hard to understand, and I think they need to at least make some of the basic stuff a little more easier for people to understand about what will get you banned right away for the first mistake and forever would be great to actually be able to read have read what I did wrong and understand it in the first place.

And yes I know I was required to agree to it over and over very single Alpha / Beta update, and as I said I knew "Real Money Trading was illegal" So I never did Real Money trading, I never hack or cheat my games as in like downloading things I shouldn't to cheat or exploit so I never figured I would be banned for this.

Also just because a Video Game developer can post a log, or thinks they know what actually happened, the only thing they can see on their end is what happened in their game, they can't see things that happened, took place outside, nor did they bother to likely look at what I sent them as proof of what actually happened :3.

k61977 said:
    Korn42 said:
    Hi Renoaku,

normally, we would not comment on these cases. But as you are being very public about it across various forums, we'd like to make a short statement. 

Your in-game chatlogs, and the identity of the account that gave you the gold, leaves us with no doubt that you did indeed purchase gold from a 3rd party website. The fact that account who gave you the gold even said "Hi, I'm delivery" does not help, either. 

Note that these 3rd party websites are often involved in account hacking and credit card fraud, so the damage they cause is extensive. 

Buying gold from 3rd party websites is clearly forbidden by our terms and conditions, and always has been. On top of that, it is also forbidden in essentially any other game that we are aware of.
    I really wish more devs would do this to shut these cheaters up with their crying of how they were wronged.
    Yeah I read this the other day, even sent them a message explaining what happened, its possible that there was someone, or a gold seller linked to my transaction when I traded the items between my games, yes I know what I did under 10.2 was still illegal at the time I did not know this, but Truthfully if I knew my transaction involved any type of Gold Seller I would not have risked my account which I have have had in Good Standing with this company for over 3 years for a simple 10 Million Silver / Gold Exchange, and my only Real Money transactions were with this game company not 3rd parties, and if they would just take the time to actually think about it all, Look how long I have had my account, in good standing with them, as well as my Purchases with their company perhaps they could at least see maybe I am telling the truth to them, especially when I provide them with Snapshots what was traded across games for the Albion currency I received, I know this still broke the rules even if I wasn't aware of this, but to totally never let someone be able to play a game again, even with a new account, or not even wipe all characters as a first time punishment in these type of situations is a bit nuts, yesterday I told my Guild Mates from this game what happened, no one even reacted the way I thought they would, but said I hope you get your account back, and good luck with the appeal, I would post a picture here as proof too but I don't want to give out my guildies names, as in when I talk about Guild, I am not talking about my EX. Guild friends from the other game that got me mixed up with this RMT thing which got me banned but some friends in Albion who to my knowledge are totally legal.

And I do respect this developer still, I am not calling anyone a bad person, I understand what they can see on the logs on their end, and I agree with them it is fishy, I know how GM's work I have known this for years, and if I was truly trying to hide a "Real Money Transaction" I could have easily made it look a lot more Legit, or Laundered it out differently, but this is not the case here I accepted a Direct Trade, because I believed that it was Legit, and I had nothing to hide.

This is also basically like me coming out and blaming the Developers of this game for not putting any type of Anti Cheat in the first place, or for the GM's not keeping the no good for nothing scumbag RMT cheaters out of my game in the first place and I had to lose my account to one of these stupid people whom I believed to be legal as they were part of a Guild in this game If I remember correctly so I honestly believed my transaction in this game between the person was totally legit as in I was talking to people on Comms and the simply told me after giving them the stuff to be in Albion and wait a few minutes and I would have my Currency traded across games. Never at any point did I believe I would get banned for this from the game, because at this time I didn't know cross game trading wasn't legal, and this is why the company should make 4.2 a bit more clear, just to clear up any future mistakes people might do as I did.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
    Excession
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    And to think, that all of the time spent typing your replies and spamming other forums could have been spent cheating in another game!!  

It breaks my heart, life is too short!!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

And to think, that all of the time spent typing your replies and spamming other forums could have been spent cheating in another game!!  

It breaks my heart, life is too short!!
    Well I don't cheat games Intentionally, what happened was just a honest mistake because I missed the 10.2 of the TOS that says your not allowed to trade across games, Wherever or not the other person was Involved with (RMT) or (Botting) for example is beyond me I just assumed the person I was getting the trade from was Legit just like me and had been playing the game for awhile when I accepted the Cross game trade of items and stuff for Albion currency...

As for it being worthit, Absolutely not but if the GM's had have actually given me the chance to prove that I am legit and it was a mistake I would have personally stuck $500 into the game and let them keep it for nothing just to unban me from the game and prove I am legit, but nope this isn't the case apparently they are very strict about their own rules even when someone does make a mistake because of missing a part of the TOS, or for that matter not fully understanding it because of the way its worded.

As for cheating, I don't use any type of actual hacks / cheats, I guess you can consider "RMT" or "Cross Game trading" an act of cheating especially since the game didn't allow it...

But at least there are other upcoming games I will be backing, and Next time I will make sure before ever doing a cross game trade again so I don't get banned, at least I did learn something out of this.
    Excession
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    edited April 2017
    @Renoaku ;
    Yes you did intentionally cheat.
    You obtained an in game advantage using resources external to the game. This is cheating whether it is basketball, poker, chess or a video game.
    U
    You have confessed to cheating in other games and will undoubtedly go on to cheat in any game you play in the future.

Until you admit that you cheated, got caught, and were fairly punished for cheating.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Do i have to read the TOS if i don't buy the game?  :p
    I should send developers MY ..TOS,what i expect from the developer before trying to sell me their game.
    Most of the time i could just send them a recycle bin to toss their game into to save time. 

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    CrazKanuk said:
    Korn42 said:
    Hi Renoaku,

Honestly, you should make it your policy to comment on these cases. Unfortunately we're in a time where people simply aren't accountable for their own actions, which is too bad. So I'm all for a company holding people accountable for their actions. 

Oh! Oh! hire me for that job! I'll happily respond to people and personalize something along the lines of

"Congrats on being a moron! consider the money you paid for your account as a stupid tax and to pay for the time our GM's now have to go back restoring all the shit you helped fund with RMT. Let this be a lesson in how not to be stupid. Also as a parting gift please change any and all passwords as you are probably about to be hacked by the very gold sellers you bought from!"
    @Renoaku ;
    Yes you did intentionally cheat.
    You obtained an in game advantage using resources external to the game. This is cheating whether it is basketball, poker, chess or a video game.
    U
    You have confessed to cheating in other games and will undoubtedly go on to cheat in any game you play in the future.

Until you admit that you cheated, got caught, and were fairly punished for cheating.
    I don't consider accepting a trade "Cheating" in a game, and if it was then the game wouldn't allow me to freely trade other players.

Is it against the Terms & Conditions of Albion to trade currency for "Favors" "Exchanges Across Games" or "Real Money" yes, and this is why I got into trouble for doing the trade, Sure some consider it cheating,  and no I don't actively buy gold from scammers who would steal my information and illegally sell it.

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/40929-Account-ban-and-suspension-recap/ 

^ I see nothing in this post that forbids cross game exchanges, only the fact that the T&C was updated on release and I missed a section in 10.2 which for me is barely readable or understandable and that is why my account got banned, Not because I actively cheat, If this were true my account in Albion which I had for over 3 years, would have been banned way sooner, So would the other 20+ games that I have played if this was the case, and in 17 years of gaming i have only gotten very few warnings connected back to any type of "RMT Transactions" usually for playing the market like in Arche Age, or in EVE Online once for buying Plex from a reseller after the rules had changed in regards to how you can buy Plex.

In both Incidents, which are the last two I ever encountered and well over 2 years old now I believe my accounts were never banned, I was told just to be more Careful on AA, and in EVE they just had me pay the Negative Balance, and other than this my accounts are still in Good Standing Same with my steam account with over 200 games on it, Never been banned for cheating a single one Good Standing VAC Status since 2005.

Kefo said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Korn42 said:
    Hi Renoaku,

Honestly, you should make it your policy to comment on these cases. Unfortunately we're in a time where people simply aren't accountable for their own actions, which is too bad. So I'm all for a company holding people accountable for their actions. 

Oh! Oh! hire me for that job! I'll happily respond to people and personalize something along the lines of 

"Congrats on being a moron! consider the money you paid for your account as a stupid tax and to pay for the time our GM's now have to go back restoring all the shit you helped fund with RMT. Let this be a lesson in how not to be stupid. Also as a parting gift please change any and all passwords as you are probably about to be hacked by the very gold sellers you bought from!"
    Im confused about this, even if my cross game  trade somehow involved a illegal Gold Seller, what exactly do you mean about "Restoring all the shit you helped fun with RMT?"

I mean from my end I know exactly what I did with the cross game trade, and I can somewhat send what I have to the GM, but I personally don't feel they are taking the time to actually even look at anything because all they see on their end from their game is the transaction with me accepting currency from a Gold seller based off what they say, At the time accepting and doing this trade I did not know that trading between games or gifting between games was illegal.  I know knew that buying currency for real world money was against the rules, as in most games.

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/40929-Account-ban-and-suspension-recap/

There is either one of 2 things that likely happened, assuming that this was actually a illegal seller that I got involved with while trading a huge amount of things across games.

A.) They used stolen Credit Cards to buy the gold they gave me.

B.) They used an illegal bot to gather resources, or hacks / 3rd party programs obtained the gold and then gave it to me.

Either way I can honestly understand the game company, and if I was a developer I would be pissed off too, but if I were on the other end of this, and I saw someone who got banned like myself from this game in the act of making a mistake, I would "Unban them" With a final warning, that if they ever do it again  they will be banned for life along with all future accounts, and depending on what they actually did I would remove all resources, possibly even wipe the characters to make it fair.

And no I wouldn't trust a 3rd party seller with real money because of how risky it is to how they obtained the currency in the first place
    , and The only "Real Money" I spent in this game was with SandBox Interactive Purchasing the game for $100, and $75 in Gold Purchases after launch And if they took the time to review what I have told them, they could see that I am telling the truth about this, Perhaps I can't prove that I didn't buy currency 100%, but why would I buy currency from a 3rd party when I can obtain it directly from them legally, and safely.

Just because there are a lot of dishonest people who would buy currency illegally, and not support their game's development like in Albion for Example, does not mean this is what happened here, For me I just saw that I  was no longer going to be playing an old game anymore, and was offered some time ago that I could trade the stuff I had for items across games if I wanted so I took the offer, which clearly was a mistake, but again if they would just check the logs a bit prior to me doing this illegal trade, they could see I am telling the truth as far as spending money in their game, and if I wasn't banned from the game given the fact i blew through 10 million silver pretty damn quickly, I would have been putting a little more into their game and getting tier 5 Equipment & Crafting skills across the board.
    Excession
    @Renoaku No you don't consider cheating, cheating. Just as you don't consider getting caught cheating 'fair' or your banning for cheating justified.

But it is cheating, and everyone here now knows that you will cheat, and probably lie just for the heck of it. That you expect this to be tolerated if you just put some cash in the 'swear jar'.

Well I have spent enough time trying to convince you of your immortality. Time for the ignore button, first time I have used it on this site.
    edited April 2017
    @Renoaku No you don't consider cheating, cheating. Just as you don't consider getting caught cheating 'fair' or your banning for cheating justified.

But it is cheating, and everyone here now knows that you will cheat, and probably lie just for the heck of it. That you expect this to be tolerated if you just put some cash in the 'swear jar'.

Well I have spent enough time trying to convince you of your immortality. Time for the ignore button, first time I have used it on this site.
    Do whatever floats your boat there is honestly no point in arguing with anyone for that matter who comes onto any forum, and accuses me of cheating a game, I get the picture that "Trading Across games was a violation" I understand why I got banned, but I do not agree with this company issuing a Perm-Suspension to my account over a stupid mistake of not seeing the updated T&C that said trading across games wasn't allowed.

And with honestly if I cheated on a game, I would consider to be caught, For example, if I had of actually purchased currency from a 3rd party for Real Money, I wouldn't have directly traded it with them, I would have used a Alternate Account with a different IP address while logged in at the same time, got the currency on that account instead, and Laundered it to myself and other people through the market to avoid being banned, as well as used in game chat and fake sell offers in chat to myself to avoid being banned and generating false logs You see I am not stupid, when it comes to this type of stuff I know how it works...

But I had nothing to hide, and I thought my trade was legal to do so I accepted a face to face to trade like in person as in right click & trade.

And I have spent enough time trying to convince you that I did a "Cross Game Trade" Virtual Items across games for currency on Albion I do understand I broke the rules and stuff as I have said and that is why they banned my account but this was done without knowledge, and my first penalty in 3 years of having an active account in Good Standing on their service until this.

On top of all of this to make things worse, They can't even properly write a Good "Terms & Conditions" Sure in German Law its good, but when I am trying to read different sections of this Especially 10.2 I am totally confused about what it all means Like I know what it means now because people told me, but if people didn't tell me I wouldn't understand this... And even on the bottom of the Terms & Conditions page, you see where it says "Other Important Documents." And lists "Game Rules" which should be clickable with the basic understanding of what is allowed and what isn't but it doesn't have that I wonder why?

But yet Blizzard, Zenimax,Square Enix, all have a easy to understand Terms & Conditions or TOS?

How I feel about this as a customer?

Just goes to show which companies actually get stuff right, and that I need to be careful who I back / pledge to especially when they are going to give the knife in the back, for making a legit mistake in the first time in like 3 years going on 4, it goes to show how a company treats its customer for doing such, I could understand if  for example, I was being hateful to others in chat, Using 3rd party hacks, or advertising Gold Sellers Sites, but for something so small as 10 Million Silver / Gold Traded to silver it just feels really wrong. I mean this is how I feel about this personally as a consumer.

As for the only reason why I didn't charge back
    I could have easily charged back my 3 transactions for close to $75, the only real money I spent in this game and given the fact I never really do charge backs, nor have I had to except once, but the only reason I decided not to is because maybe later down the road just maybe they will give me a chance to appeal and come back, who knows, however if I did charge back this chance would be lost for good, I mean its unlikely given support denied two tickets, but its still somewhat possible if they choose to I mean I look at it like this, they are still human beings, and perhaps down the road they will see I am a legit player who simply want's to play the game.
    Excession
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    You seem to be underestimating the harm RMT brings.

It devalues the currency value for other players. This is especially bad in trading games such as Albion. Any RMT you make, regardless of the amount, disadvantages those who spend time building up value in their game.

What's more important, RMT directly encourages other cheating. The large majority of RMT third party sellers are driven by scams. They generate great amounts of ingame money by either cheating (ingame exploits), stealing accounts or exploiting cheap labor in Asia. In most cases, it is a combination of all three. Again, regardless of the amount, engaging in any RMT service encourages these patterns not only to continue, but to expand.

In RPG games, RMT is more damaging than other forms of cheating. It has the potential to completely ruin the economy. Not banning you would be saying that the experience of honest customers is less important than yours. This may be true for EVE, which is notoriously lenient towards most exploits.

As for making a chargeback on your credit card, that would be considered credit card fraud. The goods you paid for were delivered. You violated the terms you agreed with. I'm sure there is a clause somewhere saying that violation of the terms lets the developer disallow you access without a refund on anything purchased. Chargebacks are meant for unauthorised payments - and since you gave them all of your personal information, you'll have a hard time proving it was not authorised.
    edited April 2017
    laxie said:
    You seem to be underestimating the harm RMT brings.

It devalues the currency value for other players. This is especially bad in trading games such as Albion. Any RMT you make, regardless of the amount, disadvantages those who spend time building up value in their game.

What's more important, RMT directly encourages other cheating. The large majority of RMT third party sellers are driven by scams. They generate great amounts of ingame money by either cheating (ingame exploits), stealing accounts or exploiting cheap labor in Asia. In most cases, it is a combination of all three. Again, regardless of the amount, engaging in any RMT service encourages these patterns not only to continue, but to expand.

In RPG games, RMT is more damaging than other forms of cheating. It has the potential to completely ruin the economy. Not banning you would be saying that the experience of honest customers is less important than yours. This may be true for EVE, which is notoriously lenient towards most exploits.

As for making a chargeback on your credit card, that would be considered credit card fraud. The goods you paid for were delivered. You violated the terms you agreed with. I'm sure there is a clause somewhere saying that violation of the terms lets the developer disallow you access without a refund on anything purchased. Chargebacks are meant for unauthorised payments - and since you gave them all of your personal information, you'll have a hard time proving it was not authorised.
    Thanks, well yeah I get the point that RMT, is a big no that should never be done, and if I purchased currency, or items with Real Money, then I would understand the ban, but this was strictly a cross game trade most of it was agreed to some time ago and I completed the rest of it like a little over a week ago now, if I knew an illegal Gold Seller was involved in any part of the transaction I would not have went through with the trade, I wouldn't risk my game account like this.

I am honestly not sure how much damage my trade did to the economy, or how RMT effects the economy like I understand RMT is illegal in this game, but I have always wondered what it would be like in a game with (No Rules against RMT.) Excluding "Hacking" or "Bots" being allowed but true open world trade?

Any thoughts on this?

And thanks, I do understand somewhat about the 3rd party sellers overseas, I am not sure where they come from Exactly, but people generally call them China Farmers, Asia being involved too?

I know how a lot of the companies run generally speaking I have seen bots, I remember back when I used to play Lineage 2 it was awful watching loads of bots run over to the NPC and suicide so they could de-level, I understand that a lot of these companies also "Hack Accounts, Cheat, or commit fraud, its why I would never personally knowingly do business with them directly, or indirectly if I know.

And yes I understand their reason for the ban, I just don't think it should have been a lifetime ban forever, or came without punishment such as loss of characters and everything given I've supported this game, and been there for 3 years, and unknowingly got caught up in this mess just for doing a trade between games.

As for charge back, that would be between my bank, and Lawyers if I actually did this, and given the fact that their agreement changed many times, they have no valid contact information other than email  / ticket, I think it would go through easily Although I don't really care about $75 lost in the game, What I care about is that this company Can't write a fully understandable T&C, And accuse me of buying Gold, rather than actually looking at what I sent over and seeing that perhaps maybe I am telling the truth, although I know that I am its the matter of proving it to them which is why they won't remove the ban.

And EVE Online, not banning customers, Perhaps they are more lenient when it comes to RMT, but I am sure that if I went back to EVE right now, and actually wasted "Real Life Money" buying from 3rd party gold sellers, that the currency would be removed, not to mention likely banned since they did give a warning one time with my plex purchase. I would also say that EVE Online deals with Exploiters, they just don't ban people immediately for honest mistakes, as they would rather have players playing the game, but obviously if a person does the same thing a second time such as if I were to go buy plex from an Unauthorized source again I am sure I would get banned.

Like I totally understand that breaking the T&C of this game, was not good, and its not something I did with Intentions to throw $175 down the tolit even though its not a lot of money, backing this game for 3 years did mean something, and taking a knife in the back by the company also means something too (Outside of Legal T&C that is.)

And at the same time this company so far hasn't done anything to prevent any of this cheating other than ban accounts, which over-all won't stop the cheaters from other countries who bot an exploit.

. No Client Side Anti Cheat

. Ability to freely run multiple clients same computer Spoofed hardware profile and different IP addresses from each one. (I wont say how to do this but I know how.)

. No 2FA, aka more account hackings

. And basically right now this company is depending on simply detecting the hackers, and bots who actively cheat the game for example (Speed Hacking) (Teleporting) however someone using just a Zoom Hack, is unlikely to get detected, and this is why this game needs an Anti Cheat, because I can only Imagine what PVP is like with these no good for nothing cheaters right now... And since I Got banned for RMT, I wonder what this company will do about the cheating guilds who have one person outside cheating and letting others know where they are on Comms, so even when the cheater does get banned (if that does happen.) Then the rest are not banned but they knowingly contribute to this.

. As far as bots the only current protection this game has is detecting people who afk macro at the same spot over and over again, people who don't type in chat so it proves they are afk for example, and people who follow the same path over and over again, as well as resource detection for detecting if people gather just one thing or patterns for example.

In general, I do not think this game was ready for release without another wipe, and I think it needs some major improvements to fix the things I talked about above, because Banning Cheaters is great, I am all for it, and it does suck that I got stuck in the middle of a transaction that happened to break the rules but banning a cheater is a Band-Aid, when those resources bots gather are "Being thrown onto the market" and people buy them, or when gold which I obtained is traded to silver with no limitations, or even used on the market, once a cheater or someone does this I mean people who actually want to cheat, then that silver  is passed around in the economy and the damage is already done...

IMO, way to make money in this game is to "Craft everything yourself" "Hoard resources, don't sell except what you need to for money, because the price will always change so if you sell it all on day 1 for example  and then wait 2 weeks later the price goes up.

And Cheaters don't care if they get banned, especially those who knowingly participate in it, they just open new accounts, on the other hand I do care because I choose to stay legal
    Excession
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Viper482 said:
    DMKano said:
    Just dont play the game and you have nothing to worry about. You are not missing much.

Yea because it's not like he might actually like a game the "great" DMKano says is not worth playing. This is pretty shallow stuff for such a legendary poster dude. 
    DMKano legendary? Bwahahahahaha. Yes, he certainly does have a reputation.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Now it makes complete sense as to why the OP has other threads on other games , denouncing , demanding the removal of, and belittling devs for including anti cheat programs in there games ..
    MrMelGibson
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Meh, I have seen worse.  In Star Citizen the ToS went from:

"we have to deliver a game within 12 months of the promised date or your money back"

to

"We dont have to do anything and we get to keep your money, suckers"

Now that is a ToS you should be angry about.
    Excession
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

DMKano said:
    Just dont play the game and you have nothing to worry about. You are not missing much.

Also - dont use 3rd party sites to buy gold, they obtain this via stolen CCs and stolen accounts so you are indirectly paying criminals for in game goods.

Dont do it.
    LOL ah I think I missed this one, and yes I wasn't really banned for buying gold, but I exchanged items across games worth a lot of in game gold, and Real Life money, it was planned months ago for most of it that I would get so in game gold in exchange for the help and support I gave some people in a different game, at no point did I know my transaction was being dealt with a Malicious illegal seller, or anything I thought it was legit because I was in Comms with the parties talking to me at the time and they told me to be in game and everything.

I don't really know if I am missing a lot or not I just know over 3 years ago I played this game "Sir Balin", was there lol, along with the other members of the guild was fun, but everyone seems to have went their own ways and I believe he still plays black desert for that matter.

I honestly don't know if I should be making a big deal over getting a life time ban or not because seeing this game so close to release the way it is right now is rather disappointing, but regardless I still put my faith in the developers of this game before my ban, and I did feel this way even before the ban was ever on my account, the only thing I didn't know is that this game has at least 7 or more different hacks out for it based off other forum posts I have read for their own website, and videos I have seen, and Truthfully I hope the company can fix this game with their own Anti-Cheat, and get rid of these no good for nothing cheating scumbags.

But at the same time I have been looking at games which are being developed right now which look like they show more promise than this game anyways more worth a larger money investment, And hey at least I did learn to check the Terms OF Service, before ever doing a cross game trade thanks to this experience.

I am not sure what you all think but., as far as PC Gaming.

1.) I still think "Dark Fall" Is better, just not sure which one to play yet, even the game has better character models than this game, and its likely where I will end back up now for the time being once the wipes are done.

https://darkfallnewdawn.com/

https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/

2.) Crow Fall, Just take a look at the Models and stuff they released it looks a lot better than Albion anyways?

https://www.crowfall.com/en/store/#store-item-detail-popup  Click on the "Guild Strongholds" / Buildings and take a look I think the work the artists have done here is really good.

3.) Idenity MMO

https://www.identityrpg.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5iM0PndX4I

4.) Outer Veil

http://outerveil.com/

Looking at my choices I don't really understand why I Feel so bad about being banned from this game anyways, I think its rather just the fact I put my faith into a game as a backer, and then got like knifed in the back just over a simple in game trading mistake that violated the game rules No Real Money Involved, strictly virtual items traded across games.

And although I think this has taught me something to be more careful Next time, I do not feel like any other professional gaming company would ban a 3 year + user over a single mistake, even if it truly did involve a "Real Money Trade" without a prior warning at least, and given the fact that I would be straight up honest with any company that asks me how I acquired the items anyways, and trust they do the right thing.

Given what I am seeing so far, I really don't expect this game to last for long after these other games are released And as far as being a mobile version, I don't think this game will be successful as fully cross platform even though this was the idea of the game to begin with because PC users have the upper advantage, unless casual players like use their device to farm crops, or do gathering on the go, but PVP wise I just don't see it happening because there is too much of a gap between Mobile & PC IMO.

This could be an exception if they manage to curve off the cheating, and make major improvements to the game, but I just don't see it happening I feel like its going to be a disaster.

Some of these games aren't even listed on MMORPG yet, but feel free to let me know what you think, I am really looking at Identity Online, and considering at least the $100 pack.
    Excession
  • Alexander.BAlexander.B Member UncommonPosts: 90
    I was actually there when he posted this. The way he described everything was highly suspicious; he talked about hypotheticals but not once did he actually explain the situation making him highly suspect. The entire community agreed with the dev/moderator and he has come here to make a scene instead. I'm a bit confused as to why they decided to remove the post though as it'd make a good example of what not to do.

I am by no means an Albion fanboy and have given my 'neutral' response.
    MrMelGibson
    edited April 2017
    JustAHermit said: g
    I was actually there when he posted this. The way he described everything was highly suspicious; he talked about hypotheticals but not once did he actually explain the situation making him highly suspect. The entire community agreed with the dev/moderator and he has come here to make a scene instead. I'm a bit confused as to why they decided to remove the post though as it'd make a good example of what not to do.

I am by no means an Albion fanboy and have given my 'neutral' response.
    He seems incapable of accepting responsibility for his actions. Instead it is the fault of others, therefore he must punish them for his actions, and for the consequences of those actions.
    MrMelGibson
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Scorchien said:
    Now it makes complete sense as to why the OP has other threads on other games , denouncing , demanding the removal of, and belittling devs for including anti cheat programs in there games ..
    That's pretty much my assumption each time I see someone raging against anti-cheat programs. Either that, or complete ignorance, and they are blaming these programs for messing up their computers while a virus they got elsewhere (likely from pirated warez) was the real culprit.
    MrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Surprised this is still going. OP got caught red handed and called out on it to boot. Beating a dead horse now.

Reminds me of;

MrMelGibson
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited April 2017
    At this point, I'm struggling to understand what point the OP is trying to get across.  You cheated, got caught, admitted to cheating and had an actual Dev from the game call you out.  Yet you are innocent lol? Please don't write another 10 pages of nonsense as a response.  Leave that to Wizardry.  That's his trademark.