Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me choose: Skyforge or Tera (for PS4)

CobaltusCobaltus Member UncommonPosts: 36
Both are upcoming for PS4. I personally like open world pvp. Which game would be better for me?  Which is better overall?  Thanks!  

Comments

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I think both will be F2P, so why not give both a try?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Hmm, bad vs evil......what to choose?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    Hmm, bad vs evil......what to choose?

Ugly? 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    neither

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • CobaltusCobaltus Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Any and all specificity will be greatly appreciated. 
  • mira.vonumira.vonu Member CommonPosts: 3
    I tryed Tera, and i liked it :)
  • CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
    I think Tera. The combat is great and there really isn't too much wrong with it. I only stopped playing because my computer didn't run it very well. Playing a mystic was really fun. 

Skyforge was was the last of the two I played though and while the improvements helped with the skills and classes and such, I think it feels too on rails, you really don't get to explore. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Tera
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    On PC, Tera is pretty awkward to play with a controller, which I'd assume is what you're going to use on PS4.  I haven't tried Skyforge.  But if you'd like combat kind of similar to TERA but a lot more controller-friendly, have you considered Neverwinter?
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    tera is more world like, at least it felt like a processing world during leveling.
    skyforge is actually.... a god room, and then you can chose maps. those maps might not always be small, but it never felt like a world to me.

combat in both games is action based and quite funny, tho i found it more fun in skyforge, at least till they nerfed my char and removed my base moves :open_mouth:

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Tera, better combat, actual game world, open-pvp if you want it.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Download both
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    I don't know anyone who liked Skyforge.

TERA is a good game. I'm not sure how they're going to make it work on a controller though. You can easily have 30 abilities+ consumables. I guess they will probably have pre-set combos that let you run through the default combos with limited buttons. Reaper translates well to console since all you need to play it are wasd and spacebar. :)
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 102
    edited March 2017
    I would say out of those two Tera is the one to go for but neither are that great.

Tera's combat is fun and its one of the better action combat games out there and although the quests are a bit tedious at times and later on you lose the will to live with them the BAM's are a nice touch.  PvP faction v faction when I played the game was awful as the engine could not handle the amount of people on screen and it was basically a slide show. Dungeons are quite fun but the game has your steretypical rng weapon upgrade system that you find in most asian games and me and rngesus never get along. Add onto that everyone jumps about in daft costumes so if your looking to get immersed then this is not the game for it. In the end I made a big rock character, shoved on a yellow Bruce Lee jumpsuit, an oxygen tank, divers helmet and flippers and ran around like an eyesore just to prove how stupid looking some of the costumes are.     

But despite Tera's flaws I will admit its still better than Skyforge as I cannot stand Skyforge. I tried to give it a chance and I got as far as unlocking the Necro class but I stopped playing due to my character constantly getting ported into the starting tutorial time and time again. It was one of many bugs that I found in the game which made it frustrating to play. 

Also the fact you have to complete the Okki Island quest line before you could actually group up meant playing it with friends was pointless as even after unlocking Necro I still wasn't able to group up. Grouping may have changed with the skill tree revamp as I played the game before they done that change but despite that the combat felt clunky and with it being a lobby based style of game it just wasn't for me. 
  • chukeklechukekle Member UncommonPosts: 1
     Tera if you dont mind a game community that revolves around pedobears and their obsession with characters that look like little girls. Me personally i wouldnt DL either, skyforge sucks and Tera is for perverts
  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    both aren't any good. would suggest neither.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Having played both I would suggest Tera.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Tera.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I think SF comes out early access tomorrow on PS4, launches in April, but does TERA have a set date? Seems you could try both.

For open PVP, TERA makes more sense.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• goth1cgoth1c Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Played both on PC 
    Skyforge is good for casual gameplay I love its art style  and its gameplay, but if you intend to play lets say more then 1-2h a day this aint the game for you unless you intend to invest serious cash, dont forget this game is published by My.com they arent the worse but they do go p2w root (poor revelation online players).

Tera is that game that as the best action combat but fails at all the rest, as some one alredy said previous Tera is for perverts and pedobears all class they have launched are all female classes, comunity is obvious toxic too, tera gets boring fast...

Now witch one is better? you  have to see honestly no one know how they gona configure the game for console as it wont be the same as pc,  but if had to choose and like recomend a friend a game, for more that it hurts me it would have to be Tera , Tera is a more MMORPG and enmasse isnt too bad of publisher as my.com is, plus tera on ps4 will have a "new" comunity and hopefully is diferent then the current reterded comunity that Tera(PC) as.