Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battle.net Renamed Into Blizzard Launcher - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Can anyone explain to me just why the fuck I should care about this name change?

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,905
    Regnor said:
    Can anyone explain to me just why the fuck I should care about this name change?
    Yes , as soon as you explain to us , Why the fuck we should care if you care about the change ..
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,167
    I guess anything goes to try and spur interest, suppose that includes tossing aside iconic branding.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,331
    I dislike new icon

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

• Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    I dont like change. Stop it.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,857
    Phixion13 said:
    SBFord said:
    Honestly, I think that Blizzard is moving away from its history -- Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft -- and moving on to the new -- Overwatch with its professional esports teams, Hearthstone, even Heroes of the Storm. Smaller teams, esports potential and big bucks. They don't need the old games the way they used to. They'll keep them going on life support and squeeze every cent they can out of them but, in the end, it's the new they're looking at. 

I can't say that that's a bad thing -- all things change, evolve and move on -- but it makes me kind of sad. BattleNet is just the latest victim of "progress".
    Hearthstone - Warcraft verse, Heroes - all their IP verses. They still need them big time considering the games they moved on to are nothing new, but have the IP's their fans know and love.

Their fan base will follow to new IP's cause they have brand recognition and the Apple fan types that will buy up all they can without question. Do they make good games? Sure, no doubt. The problem is that they have lost their soul - something that happens to any company that bloats up like that. 

True its just a name and all things come to a pass, but the companies changes over even the past decade show that the developer we fell in love with just isn't the same; and while I'm all good with progress or evolution, the charm is simply gone.
    The IPs are key. It's a formula that works great for Disney and Nintendo. Blizzard is a lot like those in that they also have iconic franchises under a single umbrella.

How those franchises manifest will probably change over time. StarCraft may not always be the RTS, just like Warcraft hasn't been that for a while now. Or it may be like D2 to D3 with reinventing their interpretation of the genre.

Bottom line I can't see them abandoning any of their franchise names. I can still find charm and appeal in their games. It's not the same, but that's okay.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• StefanrumleStefanrumle Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Love it - made my day