Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 5 Years Of Subscriptions

124»

Comments

  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,254
    Brunlin said:
    When is this game coming out? 


       There is no reason for the game to ever come out, as they seem to be making all their money now. I imagine, however  when people start to dwindle and they milked it for all they can,than they will release something. Im not against the game but just pointing out some obvious facts here.
    Then let me point out an obvious fact to YOU ...

    CIG already released playable parts of the game (Alpha playtest release status):

    Arena Commander starship PvE and PvP
    Starship racetracks
    Star Marine FPS PvP
    Hangar Module - for interior decoration, weapon testing, loadout testing
    ArcCorp Social module ... for social interaction
    Crusader map .... for mission testing


    Have fun
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,650
    edited March 2017
    I don't care about the saving jerbs things, it's still a pile of crap no matter what light you hold it under.
    That's your opinion of it.

    Gosh it's like everyone who likes and supports it has to feel bad because you say it's a pile of crap. Such anger about everything SC related from you these days... --'
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Muke said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    So .. welcome to all those that needed 5 (!) years to discover that there are voluntary community subscriptions in Star Citizen.


    Its on the official homepage.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/subscriptions

    Its in the video gaming press e.g.:
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/star-citizen-has-invented-the-12-monthly-development-subscription

    Its in the Star Citizen WIKI
    http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Subscriptions

    And its only been mentioned  IN EVERY SINGLE COMMUNITY VIDEO BLOG right at the start (and usually end also !).


    Yeah, some need a bit more time than others ....


    Have fun
    That didn't take long to bring out the insults eh? 
    Is the truth an insult ?


    Have fun
    Well aren't we a bit cranky.
    "Is the truth an insult ?"

    The question was not answered yet.


    Have fun

    Insulting people who might not know all the facts or for stating their opinion is actually rather childish. What you posted was more spite then anything else.
    I posted links to information and pointed out that IN EVERY SINGLE COMMUNITY VIDEO they thank the subscribers for making it possible to create these videos.

    We are not talking about "knowing all the facts" ... we are talking about deliberately ignoring for 5 years what is staring into your face whenever you watch a Star Citizen v-blog. 


    Have fun

    How do you know that everyone posting has even watched one of their videos? And you ignored the part where I said people stating their opinion. Seems negative opinions are not welcomed by you
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,650
    edited March 2017
     As long as the backer sub money flows and ship packages are sold, why bother making a long term schedule at all?
    Because time is money, if they are purposely taking more time to do something they could do on half of the time, they aren't getting any richer just because backer money keeps flowing, instead, they are doubling their own monetary costs to do the same thing.

    It's more than obvious that it's the best interest to do it fast, but it's also of the best interest... to do it right. And that's the maneuverability they have, they don't have that much pressure if they need to rewrite something that will cause more delays.

    But pressure to deliver for financial reasons is not any solution either. If companies are forced to deliver by X date because the budget won't stretch to support it any longer, then they will have to make cuts. And once those decisions are made you might end up with Mass Effect Andromeda Animations (that was admittedly lack of time to make it right).

    And the obvious... the funding support they get will also be very much impacted their ability to deliver, it's as clear as water seeing the weak first months of this year on funding in face of 3.0's delay, no pressure huh? xD
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,254
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Muke said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    So .. welcome to all those that needed 5 (!) years to discover that there are voluntary community subscriptions in Star Citizen.


    Its on the official homepage.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/subscriptions

    Its in the video gaming press e.g.:
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/star-citizen-has-invented-the-12-monthly-development-subscription

    Its in the Star Citizen WIKI
    http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Subscriptions

    And its only been mentioned  IN EVERY SINGLE COMMUNITY VIDEO BLOG right at the start (and usually end also !).


    Yeah, some need a bit more time than others ....


    Have fun
    That didn't take long to bring out the insults eh? 
    Is the truth an insult ?


    Have fun
    Well aren't we a bit cranky.
    "Is the truth an insult ?"

    The question was not answered yet.


    Have fun

    Insulting people who might not know all the facts or for stating their opinion is actually rather childish. What you posted was more spite then anything else.
    I posted links to information and pointed out that IN EVERY SINGLE COMMUNITY VIDEO they thank the subscribers for making it possible to create these videos.

    We are not talking about "knowing all the facts" ... we are talking about deliberately ignoring for 5 years what is staring into your face whenever you watch a Star Citizen v-blog. 


    Have fun

    How do you know that everyone posting has even watched one of their videos? And you ignored the part where I said people stating their opinion. Seems negative opinions are not welcomed by you
    I did not claim that everyone posting here has watched at least one of the videos.

    If people that post here in this dedicated SC subforum have

    * never seen the SC homepage
    * never read an article about SC
    * never seen a SC v-blog

    it tells me that they basically known almost nothing about SC. Or are not interested enough to get some information about the project.

    In that case i do not much care about their opinion w.r.t. Star Citizen at all ... positive or negative ...
    as it will be mostly based on conjecture and guesswork.

    And .. once again .... if people HAVE seen SC v-blogs and failed to notice the "Thank you to our subscribers!" intro in EVERY community v-blog (and therefore the fact that community subscriptions exist for 5 years now ... then they seem to be a bit ... slower ... than others.


    Have fun

  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Brunlin said:
    When is this game coming out? 


       There is no reason for the game to ever come out, as they seem to be making all their money now. I imagine, however  when people start to dwindle and they milked it for all they can,than they will release something. Im not against the game but just pointing out some obvious facts here.
    Then let me point out an obvious fact to YOU ...

    CIG already released playable parts of the game (Alpha playtest release status):

    Arena Commander starship PvE and PvP
    Starship racetracks
    Star Marine FPS PvP
    Hangar Module - for interior decoration, weapon testing, loadout testing
    ArcCorp Social module ... for social interaction
    Crusader map .... for mission testing


    Have fun
    You should probably mention the lack of things delivered but I guess it's a shorter list on things they have given. Here's just The stretch goals not delivered (this list might not be 100% up to date so feel free to correct)

    Decorations

    • Cockpit decorations (bobbleheads, photographs, dinosaurs, fuzzy dice, nose art, posters)
    • Class I repair bot (in hangar)
    • Hadesian artifact

    100 star systems at launch

    • Odin system
    • Tyrol system
    • Kellog system
    • Goss system
    • Orion system
    • Ellis system
    • Cathcart system
    • Tal system
    • Geddon system
    • Chronos system
    • Tamsa system
    • Tanga system
    • Cano system
    • UDS-2943-01-22 system
    • Kabal system
    • Oretani system
    • Exclusive star system for pre-launch backers

    Ships

    • Bengal carrier as a playable ship
    • Frigate ship class
    • Destroyer ship class
    • Escort Carrier ship class
    • Battlecruiser ship class
    • Banu Merchantman
    • RSI Orion
    • Aegis Surveyor
    • Anvil Carrack
    • MISC Hull C
    • MISC Endeavor-class Research Platform
    • Anvil Aerospace Crucible
    • Espera Prowler
    • Genesis-class Starliner

    Ship systems and components

    • Command and Control center (Tie all of your ships' sensors together and assume central command from the 3rd seat)
    • Enhanced capital ship systems (damage control teams, navigation and engineering consoles)
    • Ship upgrade package containing an engine modifier
    • Engine tuning kit
    • Updated scanning software
    • Ballistic gatling weapon (Preacher Armament Inquisition XXII)
    • J-Span Cryo-Star cooling system
    • Enhanced ship modularity

    Base types

    • Vanduul trading post base type
    • Alien derelict base type

    Gameplay

    • 50 missions in Squadron 42
    • Hibernation mode (saving your game)
    • Place bets on Arena Commander competitions
    • Manage space stations (player-owned space stations)
    • Planetside FPS combat
    • Salvage mechanic career
    • Public transportation system
    • Enhanced mission design for Squadron 42
    • Explorer-class "ExoGlass" mobiGlas rig
    • Omni Role Combat Armor (ORC) mk9
    • Stellar Cartography in-game map room (not the website version)
    • Alien languages (Banu) 
    • BB-12 Manned Maneuvering Unit
    • Independent Arbitrator’s Guild
    • More detailed AI activities
    • Pets

    Technical

    • Hardcore flight sim controller support: Flight chairs, MFDs (Multi Function Displays) 
    • Multiple monitor support
    • Track-IR support
    • Virtual reality (Oculus Rift) support

    Outside the game

    • Professional mod tools
    • The first Squadron 42 mission disk: Behind Enemy Lines
    • “Behind the Scenes of Star Citizen” documentary film
    • Digital 42-page Upgrade Handbook (customizing and overclocking ship systems)
    • Digital Jane’s Fighting Ships style manual
    • RSI Museum airing monthly
    • Retaliator Commercial

     



  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,605
    LMAO so everyone who said they havent been in development for 5 years are saying what now?
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,650
    edited March 2017
    Kefo said:
    • Track-IR support
    • Virtual reality (Oculus Rift) support
    About those, I think Track-IR support has been re-added to 2.6.2, not sure if it made or will be on a next patch.

    About VR, mind the stretch goal was only for Oculus Rift support on the Hangar that it was delivered until updates broke it.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,605
    edited March 2017
    MaxBacon said:

    OMG, Year 5 of Subscriptions. They exist since I think November 2012.

    English pls
    If that were the case then 5 years wouldnt be until Nov. So either someone cant add, they were taking 'community' subs before the project was even being developed, or they have been in development for that long (or longer).

    Why would they give a 5 year anniversary 'perk' for 4 years and 4 months?
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,650
    edited March 2017
    rodarin said:
    If that were the case then 5 years wouldnt be until Nov. 
    English, please. "We're entering Year 5 of X", just means you're in the Year 5 of it. Not that subs were ever out exactly 5 years ago because they were out on Nov 2012.

    That was close to when SC was pitched, it's going to be 5 years of crowdfunding this year.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,605
    MaxBacon said:
    rodarin said:
    If that were the case then 5 years wouldnt be until Nov. 
    English, please. "We're entering Year 5 of X", just means you're in the Year 5 of it. Not that subs were ever out exactly 5 years ago because they were out on Nov 2012.

    That was close to when SC was pitched, it's going to be 5 years of crowdfunding this year.
    LMAO so they even have to spin how long they have been fleecing people now? Thats so Star Citizen of them.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,650
    edited March 2017
    rodarin said:
    LMAO so they even have to spin how long they have been fleecing people now? Thats so Star Citizen of them.
    Whelp, better call the FTC! Evil, Evil CIG!
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,580
    edited March 2017
    Erillion said:
    Hedeon said:
    Erillion said:
    When is this game coming out? 
    No fixed date. No official announcement. "When its done"....


    My personal estimate:

    Squadron 42 solo game (first part, of three) ... sometime 2017 (most likely before X-Mas)

    Persistent Universe Multiplayer Game (selected systems, not the full 100)  .... second half 2018

    Full PE (100+ systems, all ships) ... 2019


    Have fun

    and last year you would have said sometime 2016, 2017 and 2019

    yeap just for fun ;)
    I am saying the same numbers since 2012.

    5 years development for first results was and is my estimate.
    You're not saying the same numbers since 2012.

    In 2014 you told us:
    Erillion said:

    And yes, I think the game will release. In my personal opinion in late 2016, with more stuff being added throughout 2017.
    Sourse: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6520737/#Comment_6520737
     
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,953
    Why can't it be a real one?

    This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

This discussion has been closed.