Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old Love EVE cannot die but i also cannot play it with these people.

123457»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    How do so many people die in PvP in EVE unless you are actually looking for PvP in unsafe areas.

Played 3 years, only got PvPed in low sec. Sometimes got pvped in nullsec but nullsec (at the time) was actually safer than high-sec lol. But never once did I get pvped in high sec, not a single time.

That is like black desert online...from forums, you'd think people were getting ganked 24/7 dozens of times a day. But I only got PvPed twice thus far in BDO (in the past year) and actually tried to go to the pvp server to get more pvp, but its even rarer since not many people on the pvp server lol

Not sure how people get ganked or killed so easily and get killed so many times. I'm pretty carebear, but never have that problem lol. Sure I die sometimes, but I don't die every single square inch I go like some of these posts suggest.
    Quite a few die in high sec actually. 

Miners are popular targets, especially those in thin skinned, high yield barges who afk a lot in ice belts or near trade hubs.

Haulers are another great target, I took my largest single loss in 7 years from a suicide gank of a ship full of ore.

War decks make anyone who decides to join a player corp a target,  so your choice is to remain independent or learn to love station spinning a lot.

Or as you said, move to null sec, its what I eventually did, much better intel facilities.

BruceYee

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MasoodVoonMasoodVoon Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Malcanis said:
    hey, whenever you hear some scrub crying about how awful the "EVE community" is because he encountered PvP in a PvP game, remember this: https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/a-tribute-to-ccp-blaze-an-incredible-community-effort/

I'm sure it helped that those are pretty cool skins. The unpredictability of EVE is what makes it great. I'm not sure why the OP is upset. The golden rule is don't fly what you can't lose so I can't expect law and order to prevail. That's why there are players on the advisory board and why you have corporations. Can't say I've never been pissed at other players for going to my sites but I'm not going to post about it.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Kyleran said:
    pantaro said:
    Kyleran said:
    EVE is like the filtration system at a sewage treatment plant. It traps all the shit in one place so it doesn't contaminate the player bases of other MMOs. It's not perfect, but it's infinitely better than no 'filtration system' at all. For that reason alone, I hope it lasts a long time. 
    EVE is like the filtration system at a sewage treatment plant. It traps all the shit in one place so it doesn't contaminate the player bases of other MMOs. It's not perfect, but it's infinitely better than no 'filtration system' at all. For that reason alone, I hope it lasts a long time. 
    Except its not at all like that, and apparently far better than games like BDO or any MOBA, or so I'v read.
    still waiting for the epic return of @Kyleran to eve online so he can start a corp for us all called "Harbingers" lmao
    Since CCP appears hell bent on continuing on making  changes to encourage conflict perhaps I should abandon my building & gathering ways and join the ravaging hordes.

"Harbinger's Horde" has a nice ring to it, right?

;)

O i seriously love that!