Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Wanted Mass Effect 4 But Got Something Better - Mass Effect: Andromeda Review - MMORPG.com

1101112131416»

Comments

• FlharfhFlharfh Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited March 2017
    I played the Origin 10 hour trial, and the poor animations and bugs coupled with spotty voice acting are not overblown issues. The dialog/writing is also pretty bad - it reminds me of a juvenile scifi novel or fanfic. Taken together, it's difficult to engage with the story and connect with the characters, which is really disappointing for a Bioware game.

On the flipside, the combat and especially the character customization are pretty good. (but you can't modify your party member's gear - wut?)

I find the comparisons to Dragon Age Inquisition especially interesting because I thought that was a good game that was worth full price.

Andromeda is a 6/10 for me right now and I did not buy after my trial expired. I'll wait for the price to drop for $20 or $30.

One last thing - the reviewer wrote "if you play(ed) Mass Effect and / or Dragon Age for graphics, you’re doing it wrong." When you say "[game's] flaws don't matter because this franchise isn't about those things" you are outing yourself as a total fanboy. Flaws do matter.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
    I have played and enjoyed the Mass Effect games, however this one is a travesty. There is no excuse for this game to have been released in the state it is in. Bioware needs to apologize to the gaming community for this crap.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,411
    Finally picked this up, so far I give it a "T" for tedious. Most mmo pve is less of a yawn fest and have more compelling stories. Sometimes the banter between team members is interesting, that's about it.