Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO version of the witcher..

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
now dont shoot before you heared me..

i am not talking about a traditional MMO game, but more about a game like the orriginal GW..
with all the single player content of the current Witcher 3 game..
but also with open world zones, more like GW2 Where things hapen..
COOP zones... like dungeons and all kind of stuff
Several PvP options..

so what makes the Witcher the best RPG ever?
- Good challenging combat (atleast when not ridiculously overpowered)
- story and characters, it feels like a real world, really makes you feel the maincharacter of a movie
- erotic content, its a part of life, so why not a game that adds it in an acceptable way
- lots of freedom how to build your character
- a gorgeous open world

If they can create a gameworld that adds new content every 2 months, they would definately have my vote, the stuff these guys from Poland have created thus far is incredible...  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Gdemami

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited March 2017
    Since it was one of most frustrating game I've play with regards to character movement and combat.  Maybe it would feel better to me as an MMO since they would have to rework the terrible combat and movement in the process.

Garret turned like a battleship with a broken rudder and lurped around like a drunk in a bar room fight taking two extra steps every time he moved.  Horrible console mechanics.
    kjempffAmatheMrMelGibson
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited March 2017
    ikcin said:
    goboygo said:
    Since it was one of most frustrating game I've play with regards to character movement and combat.  Maybe it would feel better to me as an MMO since they would have to rework the terrible combat and movement in the process.

Garret turned like a battleship with a broken rudder and lurped around like a drunk in a bar room fight taking two extra steps every time he moved.  Horrible console mechanics.

Strange as the movement and the combat in the Witcher are generic for the action combat games. With one exclusion - Elder Scrolls, where the combat system is actually terrible.

Not strange at all ( Mr passive / aggressive )  from the perspective of a PC gamer, but anyone who grew up with a console controller in their hand would feel right at home with that movement, it's straight from console not PC.  The original Witcher ( a PC only game ) borrowed heavily from console movement but it wasn't nearly as floaty and loose, combat was much tighter and more responsive.

In addition no it doesnt play like "every other 3rd person action combat game"  not even close, that's a grotesque generalization of game mechanics.

And saying the combat in Elder Scrolls is "terrible" just shows that you did in fact grow up with a console controller in your hand., not trying to be rude its just a fact that I'm sure of.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Feel this is the same road we went down with ESO. Sounds great, but can be a ball ache to achieve the same feel and gameplay as the single player game. 
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    If their can only be one Witcher per server, can I be it :)
    Scot
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    This would work if the story content was all instanced. Which kind of takes away from the MMO portion. And the fact that everyone would just be witchers running around, the story itself would be kind of ruined. But with those aside the world and character building of that series would be AMAZING for an online game if it was done properly.
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    I miss GW1.  You had the economy of the entire world in the cites or outposts.  And the wild in the wild.  Honestly think it was my favorite MMORPG.   /wink.   Seriously though, one of my top 3,.
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    MMORPG's are cancerous and usually end up destroying whatever IP they are derived from.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    They would have to censor a lot to be available to the broad mass which would already change the style.
    And I dare to say that the appeal of the Witcher games is more the story than the combat.

No MMO without the Polish *pun intended
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Herase said:
    Feel this is the same road we went down with ESO. Sounds great, but can be a ball ache to achieve the same feel and gameplay as the single player game. 
    Actually, when you look at GW1, the answer is quite simple, sepperate single player and multiplayer totally....  

when you disect GW1, you will see that there are single player zones, Open world zones, PvP zomes and so on....

in the end to get that witcher feeling, the game would be more like singleplayer(as in witcher 3 with same huge story and quest based zones) with added open world PvE (zones like in GW2, with events happening all over). PvE instances for groups and raids( i.e. Dungeons). With some PvP on top of that in seperate area's..   the whole idea is to keep these zones totally seperated...  And still give players the feel of an open world like in the witcher 3 (which also isnt seemless)

where this game would be different from other MMO's is the fact that there would be huge solo zones.. maybe with an option to play trough them together with a friend or two..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I agree with Blue Cyperpunk is what I am looking forward to with eagerness and I'm hoping they pour all their resources into that one. 
    Chamber of Chains
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    You know we need any kind of normal MMO. Could be Archie online for crying out loud.

Seeing it takes around 6 years to make MMO. Even if CDR take your recomendation we would see this MMO in year 2023 earliest.

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    goboygo said:
    ikcin said:
    goboygo said:

Strange as the movement and the combat in the Witcher are generic for the action combat games. With one exclusion - Elder Scrolls, where the combat system is actually terrible.

Not strange at all ( Mr passive / aggressive )  from the perspective of a PC gamer, but anyone who grew up with a console controller in their hand would feel right at home with that movement, it's straight from console not PC.  The original Witcher ( a PC only game ) borrowed heavily from console movement but it wasn't nearly as floaty and loose, combat was much tighter and more responsive.

In addition no it doesnt play like "every other 3rd person action combat game"  not even close, that's a grotesque generalization of game mechanics.

And saying the combat in Elder Scrolls is "terrible" just shows that you did in fact grow up with a console controller in your hand., not trying to be rude its just a fact that I'm sure of.
    I grew up with bulletin boards as the only internet. I owned a mmx penitium 2. Elder scrolls combat is horrid. If you mod it with a bunch of stuff It gets alright, but all stock elder scrolls have horrid combat. Such as skyrim, and you run around with 5000 arrows sticking out of your face.
    MrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Not interested. I don't want the devs to put prewritten stories in MMORPGs.

I want tools that let the players create and be the stories.

It's the difference between watching a movie about someone climbing a mountain in real life vs actually climbing the mountain yourself.

Totally different experiences.
    kjempff

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    I prefer the witcher series as a single player experience similar to how I prefer the elder scrolls as a single player experience.  Dark Souls might fit the mold of an old school MMO though.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited March 2017
    we may get to see that in 2030.  it'll take a couple more single player ones, for them to even try that, then like 10 years to develop it hahah. 

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I want a bloodborne or dark souls mmo, no mini map or any kind of map and you dont have a clue what some items do until you try them.  Maybe Capcoms Deep Down will be something like that.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited March 2017
    The Witcher Online in 2025, you heard it here first.
    Post edited by Maurgrim on
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I found Witcher 3 unplayable controller or keyboard. The combat was just annoying to me.

I am not sure what's the point in having single player questing MMO. Just create a single player game with multiplayer dungeons and raids.   
  • ShyGamerGirlShyGamerGirl Member CommonPosts: 3

- erotic content, its a part of life, so why not a game that adds it in an acceptable way

You know what is also a part of life except sex (which is not a part of life for every one, you know)? Daily hygiene, or pooping, why don't add that to the game? Oh, wait, cause, that would be the sims. So why almost every single game has erotic scenes nowadays?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Most MMO's play like RPG's nowadays.  So it would be no different from what other MMO's do.  Nothing wrong with having multiple witchers as most MMO's also have heroes running around all over the place.  And in witcher lore there wasn't just one.  So you don't play as the main character in the RPG's but as a witcher you create and travel around doing what witchers do.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

You know what is also a part of life except sex (which is not a part of life for every one, you know)? Daily hygiene, or pooping, why don't add that to the game? Oh, wait, cause, that would be the sims. So why almost every single game has erotic scenes nowadays?
    Probably because in some people it produces an emotional response.  I think it's fun to see as long as it isn't romance, but that is generally what it ends up being these days.  
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I'd much rather have an MMORPG that takes the world interaction, combat, AI and weather systems etc. etc. from Zelda BotW than the graphics, lore and story telling of the Witcher.

Don't get me wrong I loved the Witcher series :)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Star_King39Star_King39 Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2019
    While I like the Witcher style world, I don't think it will happen. There are already mmo's out there that have humans, elves, dwarves, etc... It would basically be like copying and pasting an already existing MMO but setting it in the Witcher world. They would need a really strong reason to throw something together like that.
    Gdemami
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Witchers are like the Jedi's of the setting. While everyone would be enough, it would be very hard to make a game around having that many. Perhaps they can pull a SW:TOR and set it in the age before the various schools declined and the monsters were more abundant around the world.
    Gdemami