Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoE Dev's forcing backers to get less then what they paid for?

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    edited March 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Did you read this post from the same thread?

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17939/the-five-kingdom-limit?page=1#post185752

https://puu.sh/uNnbg/9ed2bf95eb.jpg

Seems they told people to disregard the limit at some point, dunno but looks like they should have been clear and put limit right from the start.

Like most KS if they offer something that really big for a big ticket price you can see right on the KS that those packages are limited.

From the quote posted above yours it would appear the limits haven't been exceeded yet.

As to placing the limits earlier, in reading the original thread they were fluid when these packages were first offered and now are no longer in question.

But I won't be shedding any tears if anyone loses out in any of this.
    It hasn't been exceeded yet:

So, those who have Kingdoms, Duchies, and Counties today - unless someone has purchased beyond the cap that I'm not aware of, will have their chosen servers.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    It's CoE, lol, what do you expect ?

"Make it up as you go along" is their Standard Operating Procedure... :lol:
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

Keep in mind that they STILL haven't published the price lists for their in-house currency called Exposition Points (EP).  They've just been selling them all this time... they at one point had a preliminary list but then pulled it back and said they were re-evaluating the prices.  

You pay me for tokens today and I'll tell you what they can buy next year... 

Sounds like a solid business model.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    What else did you expect from pay-to-win trash like this?

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346

Keep in mind that they STILL haven't published the price lists for their in-house currency called Exposition Points (EP).  They've just been selling them all this time... they at one point had a preliminary list but then pulled it back and said they were re-evaluating the prices.  

You pay me for tokens today and I'll tell you what they can buy next year... 

Sounds like a solid business model.
    Everything is solid buisness model when you sell to fools. 
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,381
    edited March 2017
    Forgrimm said:
    Kyleran said:
    Asm0deus said:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17939/the-five-kingdom-limit?page=1#post185752

Seems they told people to disregard the limit at some point, dunno but looks like they should have been clear and put limit right from the start.

Like most KS if they offer something that really big for a big ticket price you can see right on the KS that those packages are limited.

From the quote posted above yours it would appear the limits haven't been exceeded yet.

As to placing the limits earlier, in reading the original thread they were fluid when these packages were first offered and now are no longer in question.

So, those who have Kingdoms, Duchies, and Counties today - unless someone has purchased beyond the cap that I'm not aware of, will have their chosen servers.

That would be good news for the people affected, though I am under the impression this doesn't count the lay-away folks?

Like kyleran I wont lose sleep if these peeps lose out.

Either way what they are doing is still very shoddy.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Asm0deus said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Kyleran said:
    Asm0deus said:

That would be good news for the people affected, though I am under the impression this doesn't count the lay-away folks?

Like kyleran I wont lose sleep if these peeps lose out.

Either way what they are doing is still very shoddy.
    It's just standard Marketing.

The veiled warning is directed at the lay-away's: "Best to pay in full for your kingship NOW, we can't guarantee it indefinitely, stocks are limited !" :glasses:
    This is the only quote that you really need to determine the level of "screwed up" involved in this game/company:

We will be, in an upcoming store update, limiting the number of kings, dukes, and counts per server. If you purchase a King package before we get a chance to put a cap on the purchase page, you're going to find yourself either on a server you didn't plan on, or without a kingdom."

Note there is no option that says "Because we are unable to code a simple limit on these purchases we will refund you if we cannot fulfill the package you bought".  

It's all about the Benjamins... and once they get em, they aren't letting them go.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• genaknoscgenaknosc Member UncommonPosts: 112
    It took them like 3 months to get their website store working, I doubt they are going to dick with it now...
    In case folks missed it.  https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17978/no-support

This thread is from someone in Germany that purchased the $10k Buy 2 King package (you can tell it's real because he is listed as Tier 12).  6 pages in and not a hint of a refund offered to the guy.  

This is caused by the absolutely mess of a system they have (which doesn't bode well for the game design...).  They are selling Buy 2 King packages but they are NOT locked to a particular server.  They have a limit of 6 per server but have sold 19 Buy 2 King slots and have 4 servers (US-W, US-E, Euro, Asia). Sounds great right?  Well it would be if people didn't care about the server they played on, but as these servers will be physically housed in their home region the King Distribution is very imbalanced.   Euro server currently shows 7 Kingdoms.  Yup, that's one more than 6... so someone is screwed.  Also, don't forget that in their desire to raise cash they allowed a player to buy MULTIPLE Buy 2 King slots... (As of a few months ago this player had spent $40k)

Server choice for your Kingdom is based on the date you bought it.  Also, these choices are NOT locked in so someone can change their mind at any time. As a matter of fact, in some of the drama screenshots in the linked thread they are showing a plan to screw even MORE people.  Since server selection is based on purchase date, they are talking about secretly trading accounts so that an early account can be used on a "full" server to bump yet more people.   What a wonderful player base they have built up! 

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,381
    edited March 2017
    ....snip.....
    It's just standard Marketing.

The veiled warning is directed at the lay-away's: "Best to pay in full for your kingship NOW, we can't guarantee it indefinitely, stocks are limited !" :glasses:
    Not so standard considering they are having issues AND they clearly told people buying King packages to ignore the limit at some point.  See one of my previous posts with a quote showing so.

Also looks like they have indeed exceeded their limit which is something which should have been clear from the get go.

Seems fraudulent IMO.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Means they should have hard caps on the numbers already.  Unless they just didn't bother to think caps in advance were needed or like someone else said they now want the lay-a-ways and hold outs to put up their money asap instead of waiting to see how the game is developing before fully committing.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    So basically, as of now, CoE is refusing to refund an out-of-stock/discontinued product that was purchased, when it no longer should have even been listed for sale on their store page? Wow, no words...

--------------------------------------------
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    In case folks missed it.  https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17978/no-support

This thread is from someone in Germany that purchased the $10k Buy 2 King package (you can tell it's real because he is listed as Tier 12).  6 pages in and not a hint of a refund offered to the guy.  

This is caused by the absolutely mess of a system they have (which doesn't bode well for the game design...).  They are selling Buy 2 King packages but they are NOT locked to a particular server.  They have a limit of 6 per server but have sold 19 Buy 2 King slots and have 4 servers (US-W, US-E, Euro, Asia). Sounds great right?  Well it would be if people didn't care about the server they played on, but as these servers will be physically housed in their home region the King Distribution is very imbalanced.   Euro server currently shows 7 Kingdoms.  Yup, that's one more than 6... so someone is screwed.  Also, don't forget that in their desire to raise cash they allowed a player to buy MULTIPLE Buy 2 King slots... (As of a few months ago this player had spent $40k)

Server choice for your Kingdom is based on the date you bought it.  Also, these choices are NOT locked in so someone can change their mind at any time. As a matter of fact, in some of the drama screenshots in the linked thread they are showing a plan to screw even MORE people.  Since server selection is based on purchase date, they are talking about secretly trading accounts so that an early account can be used on a "full" server to bump yet more people.   What a wonderful player base they have built up! 
    That's the point where you contact your credit card company and tell them you've been the victim of fraud. You're pretty likely to get all of your money back if you can show any deception or failure to deliver on the product/service that was advertised.
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346

When would idiots realize that DO NOT BUY EARLY ACCES AND PRE ORDERS!
    I hope he get his money back. He is still a tool. 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Charge Back / Lawyer Up if you spent 10k on this game lol.
    Comedy Central !

Their big website and Cash Shop revamp was an epic clusterfu*k. What they said would take a week turned into around 2 months.

Now the squabbling over what is in the Cash Shop has been dragging on for months. They started by selling "royalty titles" and associated land grants. Apparently without knowing how many would be in the final game. 

Then they ramped it up to sell "reward points" that could be exchanged for real items during the closed 3-month head start. Only to stop selling the points a while later when players insisted on seeing a full list of the things the points could be spent on. They apparently hadn't made a full list yet...

Meanwhile, they've been dropping hints that their KS-promised launch date is "under pressure". CoE looks like it may take twice as long as first promised. And that's just the first revised estimate. Watch this space...

Looks to me like CoE is going to be a long series of "bait and switch" moments...
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I just do not understand why do people keep falling for the same thing over and over.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Recore said:
    I just do not understand why do people keep falling for the same thing over and over.
    There's a sucker born every day.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • TekkonTekkon Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Xirik said:
    https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17939/the-five-kingdom-limit?page=2#post185819

Caspian just confirmed they are leaving it at 6 kingdoms and not budging. Now the problem is, there's 13 kingdoms between 2 servers. There are two of three layaway kingdoms and possibly more unknown ones.

Looks like some of those people who put in more money then the Duke pledge will be forced not to get what they want but be forced to become a duke and have extra ingame money (lol)

Layaway is not paid Kingdom. That's been clear since day 1.
    https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/18003/biggest-bombshell-of-them-all?page=1#31

They closed the prior thread but another 6 page one has sprung up.  The root issue here is that they posted a 6 Kingdom cap for each server, but you just buy slots... not locked to a server.   I am sure they just assumed that everyone on the internet would just play nice and follow their unstated, but intended behavior.

This bodes REALLY well for how their FFA  PvP gets implemented.  I mean... what could possibly go wrong there?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    Recore said:
    I know many intelligent gamers but 90% of them have zero business sense. Once someone mentions a game their wallets are open no matter what state the game is in nor how long it will be before they can even play it...Gamers have instilled in them that "I have to be first" and will pay any price to reach that goal.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/18003/biggest-bombshell-of-them-all?page=1#31

They closed the prior thread but another 6 page one has sprung up.  The root issue here is that they posted a 6 Kingdom cap for each server, but you just buy slots... not locked to a server.   I am sure they just assumed that everyone on the internet would just play nice and follow their unstated, but intended behavior.

This bodes REALLY well for how their FFA  PvP gets implemented.  I mean... what could possibly go wrong there?

I read through the first 2 pages of the originally posted thread.  Actually gave a very interesting insight on how the politics are developing.

Already plenty of intrigue, backroom dealings, veiled threats and diplomacy.

If they actually manage to deliver a functional game this could turn out to be pretty cool.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Kyleran said:

I read through the first 2 pages of the originally posted thread.  Actually gave a very interesting insight on how the politics are developing.

Already plenty of intrigue, backroom dealings, veiled threats and diplomacy.

If they actually manage to deliver a functional game this could turn out to be pretty cool.

There are some posts in that thread that I found quite amusing.
    Me too.
    The guy who was accused of being the source of the problem by jumping from server to server for example.

'You aren't being nice to me and if you keep it up I will tell the teacher!"
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Shas_TraitorShas_Traitor Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited March 2017
    The whole buying a kingdom with limited kingdoms per server does seem a bit pay to win if kingdoms are going to be as important as they seem to intend them to be.

That being said it would be endlessly enjoyable burning down a kingdom that some idiot paid 10,000 dollars for and can never get back.

One of the things I always enjoyed about most of the MMO's that I played was the relative equal footing I had with everyone else, where I had a different name and no doors automatically opened just because of it. I had to earn everything I received instead of having it just handed to me.

But maybe that is just me, to each their own.