Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1080ti Backordered for a long time?

hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
edited March 2017 in General Gaming
Did I miss a part where they arent going to release 1080 tis any more for awhile? I just got one yesterday for 699.99, yet what is this. 

NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 1080 TI - FOUNDERS EDITION - IN HAND AND READY TO SHIP!!!!

• $870.00
  • 9 bids
Maybe if people are that desperate for one, I am just gonna sell mine and wait haha. That is a pretty easy 200 bucks........

I want to add in something else, I dont understand. According to what I am reading, the 1080ti is equal to the titan x pascal. Why are titan x pascals still selling for 1200 bucks? i am going by this, as to why I say the titan and the 1080ti are basically the same. https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/gtx-1080-ti-review-benchmarks

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    They are a slightly different architecture. The Titan Pascal derived from a professional graphics card, as a result it will do some things in a professional work-load better. It may also have a different memory standard, but I don't want to take the time to look it up.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i mostly wait for another 6/8 months in actually buying a decent card.

Price always drop to a buyable hight.
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    i mostly wait for another 6/8 months in actually buying a decent card.

Price always drop to a buyable hight.

I dono 699.99 for a 1080ti is a good price, its almost the same price as a radeon if you use price per frame. Def a better deal than a 1080, I dont see any reason to buy a 1080 now. The 1080 cost me 600, and gets 30+ less fps than a 1080ti. The 1070 costs like 370, and gets like 10-17fps less than a 1080. So that kinda killed any reason to get a 1080. If your on a budget the 1070 would be the better deal, and if you arent no reason to not go with a 1080 ti, other than the fact that apparently they sell out in like 2 hours lol. 

According to ebay they were selling at like 10-15 a hour. 
    edited March 2017
    Well, I dono if its backordered I thought i was lucky getting it at ebay but bestbuy has them. I just dont get why some one would pay 800+ for a 700 dollar card, when its not gonna be out of stock that long. I understand like the PSVR which was out of stock for like 4 months. I guess i just dont get ebay lol. I mean there will be a auction for something hitting 900, and right below it will be one for buy it now 700. It must be some kind of addiction and people not able to not add another bid.  Lol never mind, within in the time it took me to type this, they sold out. 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I was at Microcenter the other day, they had a bunch of 1080ti's.  I don't intend to play anything at 4k, I find 2k is perfectly fine for me so really would not need the horsepower of such a card.  
    Ozmodan said:
    I was at Microcenter the other day, they had a bunch of 1080ti's.  I don't intend to play anything at 4k, I find 2k is perfectly fine for me so really would not need the horsepower of such a card.  
    If you have a deep pocket you could make a easy grand. They are still selling on eBay for 800
  • marjudomarjudo Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited September 2017
    It's good. Changing all 6-10 months is just useful if you want to play to the latest games.  =)
    Post edited by marjudo on