Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible game/ 8.6 rating is fake > 3.8 would be appropriate

1235»

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Tsiya said:
    Wizardry said:
    BTW you don't really hire workers,almost nothing in this game is visually shown,it is all just an interface similar to Eve.
    Now if you could hire workers and visually see them on my plantation or farm or house then i would love that,but you can't,you just pretend they are there ..sigh.

I can see all my workers and my guildies' running back and forth and digging away. Did you look for them?
    The answer there, is very much NO. He most certainly did not, or he wouldn't have been making these claims.

There were even videos pre-launch to show off how you can see your workers IN the actual world. xD
    My guildies joke all the time about my legion of workers, especially if they haven't been fed for a while, and then I feed them... send them back on their tasks... and they just CHARGE out of Heidel in a huge wave lol.

It's awesome! :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    ROFLMAO just summing up all fanbois and haters in this thread leads to a conclusion that game couldn't even remotely deserve it's 8+ or whatever it got unless one side lies. All comments combined here actually paint much more realistic picture of this title.
    You got it right Sir. 
    3.8 is what this game deserves ..... add 1-2 Fanboy posting points and you end up at 4.8-5.8 

Worst GFX engine possible where you cant even reduce the Shadow Quality for example....
    The grafic settings are simply a laughable joke.
    But yea you can dig out the game.ini file and tune parameters over days to get more FPS out of this crap engine...

This games 8.6 rating is so damn faked.......

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Wizardry said:
    I truly wonder if this game's graphics were removed for say EQ1 graphics,if people would feel the same about the game.I sadly jumped in on a whim mainly because of the graphics,if i had of known how much of this game was so badly designed i would have never purchased on a whim.
    BTW you don't really hire workers,almost nothing in this game is visually shown,it is all just an interface similar to Eve.
    Now if you could hire workers and visually see them on my plantation or farm or house then i would love that,but you can't,you just pretend they are there ..sigh.

Even still if they fixed every single aspect of the game the way it looks proper,the combat would still completely ruin it because it looks that ridiculous to me.I cannot understand how ANYONE can accept the Archer design,there is not one archer in the entire world who would look like that in combat.
    Plus the fact there is no ammo slot "lame" unlimited ammo "lame" yeah they completely ruined combat to a D minus grade.

You can see your workers and workers of other people roaming around the world. If you send a worker out into the world you can locate him on the map and then find him on the road or where he is.

As far as graphics, I imagine for some people that is part of the enjoyment. For people who aren't persuaded/dissuaded by graphics/art design then you might have a point.

As far as the combat, once again, it's that type of game. The combat is supposed to be over the top. It's not supposed to be Mount and Blade or whatever game you want to insert there.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Most of the mud slinging in this thread begins or ends with a 'damn dirty Asian' angle and if that's the best you can come up with to say this game needs a lower score?

Really though, I don't need to defend BDO. It doesn't need defending. It's doing fine, even with all the concerted efforts to drag it down. So keep spurging. Anyone who takes the time to notice all your squealing is just looking for a laugh.
  • Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    edited April 2017
    I played it a bit. Loved the combat, as flashy as it is substantive. Graphics are great too. However I was a bit disappointed with questing..every quest has an auto tracker. You don't even need to do anything, just hit accept Quest, hit [T] and watch your character do the exploring and automatically find his way. Even themepark MMOs don't allow fast travel until you've found the quest target yourself first, lol. 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2017
    Game runs Smooth last time I tried it But "XingCode" made me uninstall this game when I found it running fake drivers and dumping files into C:\windows directories.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    This game is horrible from start to finish.  The art, the quests, the combat, lack of imagination. 
    edited April 2017

Goromhir said:

i just played this stuttering , horrible looking game with the worst GUI possible for 1 whole day and just had the best feeling about this game when i removed it from my computer :dizzy:

OMG! how can someone enjoy this ? truly ?

I played a Tamer girly child character which i truly hated because there was no male version of this class to level 20 just to see how the pets are. Once i had this black animal i removed the game from my computer....

Nothing in this game really works smooth. 

The whole time i was playing i had a bad feeling about the stupid overbright and salad like grafic engine...

run run run auto run.... from quest to quest.

The Camera doest have a Auto-behind function which forced me to correct it manually all the time while running....

Maybe Asians like this kind of game but i regret every second i wasted on this crap.

48GB downloaded for nothing but a horrible experience.......

(if there are some fanbois starting to bash me here,  please dont trust them if you havent played this game yet, they are fake like the 8.6 rating is)

I'm sorry but... it appears you've given away the fact that you have a horrible computer.

Even my old computer with a AMD Phenom II 955 and DDR2-800 Run this game great lol.

They must be using a Dell, this is the most common problem with games these days );.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    It only stutters for me because my CPU runs slowly by default [like below 3.0 when the game kinda needs a bit more] and even then, every once in a while, it runs like a dream.

It's all about the rig when talking about Black Desert Online.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Opinions are like as... Noses.  Everyone has one, but nobody's is any better than any other.  If you think it's a 3.8, then it's a 3.8 for u and possibly those u influence.

I self identify as a monkey.

• RnjypsyRnjypsy Member UncommonPosts: 64

Alomar said:

The game's got a lot wrong with it sure, but none of that is seen/noticed in the first day of gameplay. The p2w, grind, gender-locks, class balance, and cash-shop are what you should be complaining about. Get a better pc and rant better next time please.

......and the localization....dear gawd the writing...lol  That being said,  I don't hate the game at all :)
    edited April 2017

Rnjypsy said:

Alomar said:

The game's got a lot wrong with it sure, but none of that is seen/noticed in the first day of gameplay. The p2w, grind, gender-locks, class balance, and cash-shop are what you should be complaining about. Get a better pc and rant better next time please.

......and the localization....dear gawd the writing...lol  That being said,  I don't hate the game at all :)

Even my crappy PC played this game if I put this game on my PC now it would run like very fucking awesome...

The only reason I haven't is because I caught this game putting XingCode in my System Directories, and screwing with Windows settings aka preventing Direct X Calls and such because of cheaters using these to cheat for example I don't  like that XingCode can override my entire computer, and do malicious stuff with it not to mention the fact it stays there even without the game...

If it were not for this I would have already put over $2000 into this game in just a year and been playing still.

IF there is some problem with graphics its because someone is running a computer that is poorly built hardware wise, or not properly configured, I have even seen Computer Techs make these mistakes and screw over customers not setting the BIOS / UEFI to the correct settings and trust me DDR4 running at 2100 base speed vs 3600 on my PC made a Dramatic FPS increase, but had I have had this prebuilt with my current setup they wouldn't have set these up properly or upgraded the BIOS / UEFI properly and that would have cost me over 20 FPS loss in certain games.

Params7 said:

I played it a bit. Loved the combat, as flashy as it is substantive. Graphics are great too. However I was a bit disappointed with questing..every quest has an auto tracker. You don't even need to do anything, just hit accept Quest, hit [T] and watch your character do the exploring and automatically find his way. Even themepark MMOs don't allow fast travel until you've found the quest target yourself first, lol. 

There are options to turn that off. It's one of the first things you configure when first logging in.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• CyryusCyryus Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Just wanted to say that i tested the game...
    i think this is one of the most polished mmorpgs ever made and has tons of content to do... it may be fun for some people...

for me it was not fun at all, i mean, everything was great, but was too much, i felt everwhelmed with everything, and the combat... well it was surely different, but ridicously anoying to play, and not for the commands or the action orientation, but for all the effects happening with a simple hit... this may be awesome for some 12 yoer old boy, but not for me....

BDO is a great game and im impresed with everything they've done to make it, but is not the kind of game i want to play as MMORPG....

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Renoaku said:

Goromhir said:

i just played this stuttering , horrible looking game with the worst GUI possible for 1 whole day and just had the best feeling about this game when i removed it from my computer :dizzy:

OMG! how can someone enjoy this ? truly ?

I played a Tamer girly child character which i truly hated because there was no male version of this class to level 20 just to see how the pets are. Once i had this black animal i removed the game from my computer....

Nothing in this game really works smooth. 

The whole time i was playing i had a bad feeling about the stupid overbright and salad like grafic engine...

run run run auto run.... from quest to quest.

The Camera doest have a Auto-behind function which forced me to correct it manually all the time while running....

Maybe Asians like this kind of game but i regret every second i wasted on this crap.

48GB downloaded for nothing but a horrible experience.......

(if there are some fanbois starting to bash me here,  please dont trust them if you havent played this game yet, they are fake like the 8.6 rating is)

I'm sorry but... it appears you've given away the fact that you have a horrible computer.

Even my old computer with a AMD Phenom II 955 and DDR2-800 Run this game great lol.

They must be using a Dell, this is the most common problem with games these days );.

bro what @Mtibbs1989 said..... Phenom II was great, it's time to upgrade. I did!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Game is a joke, like all Asian MMOs... all flashy nonsense and a UI that feels like a HUD.

Galadourn said:

Game is a joke, like all Asian MMOs... all flashy nonsense and a UI that feels like a HUD.

"OMG, a UI that's different from WoW's that I'm used to!!! What the hell do I do with this?! HEEEELP!!!" >.>

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Galadourn said:

"OMG, a UI that's different from WoW's that I'm used to!!! What the hell do I do with this?! HEEEELP!!!" >.>

where exactly did you get that from?
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Cyryus said:

Just wanted to say that i tested the game...
    i think this is one of the most polished mmorpgs ever made and has tons of content to do... it may be fun for some people...

for me it was not fun at all, i mean, everything was great, but was too much, i felt everwhelmed with everything, and the combat... well it was surely different, but ridicously anoying to play, and not for the commands or the action orientation, but for all the effects happening with a simple hit... this may be awesome for some 12 yoer old boy, but not for me....

BDO is a great game and im impresed with everything they've done to make it, but is not the kind of game i want to play as MMORPG....

Agree or not, this is a fair assessment.

I don't agree, not with the 12 yr old comment. I'm 50 and I had no trouble transitioning in to the BDO combat. Sorc, tap left mouse and she claws. Hold left mouse and she does a 3 claw and an upper cut. Shift, Hold Left mouse and she continues that pattern.That's reflective of any class and any skill. The only time I see huge flashy animations are during black spirit ultimate attacks that are magical in nature. They are supposed to have a flare to them.

For most MMO gamers the part of BDO combat that will take getting used to is the complete removal of any sort of lock. You have 45, 90, 180 and 360 degree attack zones and anything and everything in those zones takes damage. Back attack, prone positions matter and many skills are there for those aspects. Spin a mob so it is not facing you, use a crit based attack to unload higher damage to back attack. Knock down with one attack, use a down attack while the mob is down.

The down side to BDO is, you establish all these intricacies then take it to a boss or elite and get immunity spam. So it works on trash mobs where you can use it but really you are better left to just bulldog through with over damage, ignoring all the set ups and when complexity would work it won't. When most of the options aren't really options they are bloat and I've seen that play out more than a few times in various MMO's.

The redeeming quality for BDO is the combat is at least interactive and I'm not cycling Tab and 1-0 over and over, dodging telegraphs. I'm moving around, genuinely 'playing' the game. It's still a lot of smoke and mirrors but it's engaging.

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I remember playing the game on my old rig and the experience was horrible for me as well... don't judge a game u can't play.
    Now if u had arguments against the company running the game , then i would of read all of your post.
    People enjoy mindless hours of grind just like other people enjoy finding homeless people , killing them and using their blood to wash themselves as a substitute for water.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Galadourn said:

Galadourn said:

where exactly did you get that from?

Reading between the lines :p