Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fun Leveling Systems

nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
edited March 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
fun leveling systems.

level 1

very easy mobs: can be killed with 1 player, can be killed while hp more than 10% (example: rabbit,deer)

easy mobs: can be killed with 1 player, can be killed while hp more than 50% (low level bandits)

medium mobs: can be killed with player, can be killed while hp more than 80% (medium level orcs)

hard mobs: can be killed with 1 player, can be killed while hp more is full 100% (high level undead)

legendary mobs : group events need at least 10 players (level 1) to defeat it.

mvp mobs: need 20 level 100 players to defeat it. (so max level can come back to low level area to defeat mvp)

Comments

• 45074507 Member UncommonPosts: 351
    So player skill is irrelevant then?
  • NPCPakNPCPak Member UncommonPosts: 36
    That sounds like the basic concept of open world mob killing in every MMO I've played... Would you like to shed some light on how this idea of yours? I don't mind the grind, I just don't get how I can tell my self "this is something I want in a MMO".
    (NPCPak) Nobukon
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    4507 said:
    So player skill is irrelevant then?
    go play shooter
    NPCPak said:
    That sounds like the basic concept of open world mob killing in every MMO I've played... Would you like to shed some light on how this idea of yours? I don't mind the grind, I just don't get how I can tell my self "this is something I want in a MMO".
    u can grind solo and do grouping on harder mobs
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    fun leveling systems.

level 1

very easy mobs: can be killed with 1 player, can be killed while hp more than 10% (example: rabbit,deer)

easy mobs: can be killed with 1 player, can be killed while hp more than 50% (low level bandits)

medium mobs: can be killed with player, can be killed while hp more than 80% (medium level orcs)

hard mobs: can be killed with 1 player, can be killed while hp more is full 100% (high level undead)

mvp mobs: need 20 level 100 players to defeat it. (so max level can come back to low level area to defeat mvp)
    This is incoherent, and seems inherently not fun.
    fun leveling systems.

level 1

This is incoherent, and seems inherently not fun.
    how is fun then?
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited March 2017
    How can a "restraint" being fun ?

The most fun leveling system i ever see is log in , give few click to collect the exp and after that do something else that not PVE combat .
    And get level up after few h of auto collect exp , or take few day of login at higher level .

let leveling being reward of log in and do something else in game that not leveling hahaha
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    fun leveling systems.

level 1

Where is the fun involved in this "system"?

All you've described is a system whereby your success or failure rate is arbitrarily decided by your current health. Where is the fun in that? To me, that is a massive step backwards. 

Fun is determined by what you actually do, i.e. the gameplay. You've not even attempted to discuss the gameplay. 

I'm all for sharing new ideas on these forums, but you should at least have a fully formed idea before you start, followed by a coherent explanation of that idea in your post.  
  • Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Free idea: Imagine a deep forest, and the deeper you go, the more overpowering it becomes, and ultimately, you are faced with insurmountable odds, basically suicide, yet, maybe you could be rewarded for at least surviving for some time, and at least, you could always chose to try leave the forest alive by turning back.
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    MMO games have turned into fantasy rpgs by making everything fun.  Leveling has never been fun, you don't experience satisfaction with a major accomplishment if you didn't actually have to do anything for it.  Like buying a uniform at a flee market and being like YAY now I'm what ever rank this is.
  • Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452
    edited March 2017
    World of Warships is pretty dumb, how their "tasks" are basically annoying achievements that you have to first enable, in order to get them. A task might be, to simply play a battle at sea, nothing more. Really inane stuff.

Admittedly, that had nothing to do with "leveling" as such, though, apparently, this is some kind of reward system, on line with silly achievements.