Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO $4.99 on Xbox One and PS4 From Groupon

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Worth a bump.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Well, except its March 10th. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    When i say a game is not good enough i mean it,no price would get me to play the game.Furthermore this is very simple marketing and imo sub par when compared to what other games have offered.
    $5 only gets you in the door,how much is it to really enjoy the FULL game?

Yeas ago i paid 15 bucks for the entire FFXI game which included far more content than what TESO has.

I even paid 12.99 for Dishonored with all dlc included.

Morrowind alone is 60 bucks,100 for collector's.Imo with that steep a price all should be included with aMorrowind purchase.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I would go so far as to state that i bet part two of their marketing will be that once Morrowind sales have exhausted,they will package the entire game for 50 bucks.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    I would go so far as to state that i bet part two of their marketing will be that once Morrowind sales have exhausted,they will package the entire game for 50 bucks.
    Monetization, what some MMOs are best at 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    Wizardry said:
    When i say a game is not good enough i mean it,no price would get me to play the game.Furthermore this is very simple marketing and imo sub par when compared to what other games have offered.
    $5 only gets you in the door,how much is it to really enjoy the FULL game?

Yeas ago i paid 15 bucks for the entire FFXI game which included far more content than what TESO has.
    You know, while I mostly agree with your sentiments, I don't understand why you parade around the forums all day just talking crap on every single game thing. And what's worse is all you ever do is harken back to FFXI. WE GET IT. FFXI was my first and arguably favorite MMO as well, so I really do get it. But damn. Any time I see your name pop up I think "Oh god, what now?" I can't remember the last time I saw you make a constructive post anywhere.

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

Kyleran said:
    Well, except its March 10th. ;)
    $8.99 now =)
    Outrageous! ;)

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Is that legit or some shady third party seller?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited March 2017
    Wizardry said:

Does it? I haven't played FFXI that much so I couldn't say whether it has more but: 

the comparison you are making isn't valid. 

FFXI had - still has I believe - a sub.

So you buy FFXI and play for a month.
    You buy ESO at the same - or less! - and play for a month.
    Both still have content.

So you play FFXI for a month - having paid another $15.
    You play ESO at no additional cost.
    Both still have content.

So you play FFXI - having paid another $15.
    You play ESO at no additional cost.

6 months later.

You play FFXI having paid a total of $90.
    ESO still has content. 

And make no mistake ESO, as released, has over a years worth of voice acted, story based quests if you only play casually. (I think you will be totally bored - as with any game - but that is another issue!) 

Now if you needed to buy things from the cash shop to play ESO then the calculation would be different. You don't though. This is not SWTOR. Its not even LotR. There is nothing to unlock. Nothing to stop you playing as it was released with a subscription.

Extra content is another matter. True of FFXI, WoW, LotR etc. Which is fine as far as I am concerned: no money, no content; no content, no money.

ESO has some DLC. And that is extra. Although the first 4 DLC can be picked up for less than $15 when there are offers etc. (If the offer is for the Gold Edition that comes with the first 4 DLC). 

Note: the above type of comparison is true for any "subscription vs. buy to play game". I used FFXI as that is what you talked about. And - obviously - there are questions of do you like the game etc. etc. I have made the same type of comment when mmorpg.com have given "value for money" scores to WoW etc. Sub based games get more expensive over time - simple fact. ESO - today - doesn't.
    filmoret said:
    Is that legit or some shady third party seller?
    I assume this would be a time or quantity limited promotion associated with Groupon. (Still going!) Not sure whether Groupon check out the retailers they link to. If its for an unopened box then that would have a code - haven't heard any reports of fake boxes. If it is a link to a code only then there are lists of "authorised code" sellers.

A good comparison is probably Amazon: $13.85 PC, $14.52 for PS4 etc.