Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

14 hours since i have been able to login

baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
okay so i just recently re-subbed to ESO because i can't ever stay away for long lol

but what is the deal with the NA PC server? ever since last night i have not been able to login. has this been happening a lot recently? why is it taking them so long to figure it out?

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I'm in now.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    not me, i still get the error 200 even though on the forums there is a banner that says the issue has been resolved but it hasn't for me and others yet. 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Maybe repair the client?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    baphamet said:
    not me, i still get the error 200 even though on the forums there is a banner that says the issue has been resolved but it hasn't for me and others yet. 
    It's been fine for me since that resolved banner went up. I did read in one of those threads though that there is local US SW issue with a cut fiber optic cable.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• bcodaybcoday Member UncommonPosts: 7
    It seems that the problem is still there until you restart your PC/console. I was still having issues until I restarted, haven't had a problem since.
    bcoday said:
    It seems that the problem is still there until you restart your PC/console. I was still having issues until I restarted, haven't had a problem since.
    tried that and it didn't work, i uninstalled and deleted all files and am now reinstalling, if that doesn't work i'm giving up.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    It's pretty random for me. It takes at least a couple of tries. You could run as admin. It seems to work more often when I log in that way, but I'm not sure if that's really related to the issue. 

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Been playing on PC NA all day without even a single disconnect.

I did read on the ESO forums someone telling another player to do this, which seemed to work:

"Open Zos file in Program Files/ Launcher/ rename Program Data file to Program Data Backup.
    Close. Open your launcher, let it up date. Close launcher, reopen, and will let you in."

d_20 said:
    It's pretty random for me. It takes at least a couple of tries. You could run as admin. It seems to work more often when I log in that way, but I'm not sure if that's really related to the issue. 
    that's the first thing i tried and i tried windows compatibility mode as well.
    Been playing on PC NA all day without even a single disconnect.

I did read on the ESO forums someone telling another player to do this, which seemed to work:

"Open Zos file in Program Files/ Launcher/ rename Program Data file to Program Data Backup.
    Close. Open your launcher, let it up date. Close launcher, reopen, and will let you in."
    yeah i read about that as well and tried it, didn't work. this is an issue only a small amount of users seem to be experiencing now and i'm one of the lucky ones!
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    my friend had the issue and he had to log off, shut everything down and then reboot his whole computer... it worked for him.  but, you said you have already done that one.

so sorry

Sz  :(
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Is this a case of their own player base essentially creating a denial of service attack due to the shear popularity of the game?

It's always at peak hours and the response is always the same "couple hours maintenance".
    Translated meaning "once peak is over in a couple hours you can log in if you're still around at that time".

I don't think they are doing anything, it's literally a matter of waiting for the peak to be over?

Whatever it is it's becoming annoying as F*ck, what the heck is going to happen when Morrowind launches, wait a couple months. XD
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
    xpsync said:
    Is this a case of their own player base essentially creating a denial of service attack due to the shear popularity of the game?

It's always at peak hours and the response is always the same "couple hours maintenance".
    Translated meaning "once peak is over in a couple hours you can log in if you're still around at that time".

I don't think they are doing anything, it's literally a matter of waiting for the peak to be over?

Whatever it is it's becoming annoying as F*ck, what the heck is going to happen when Morrowind launches, wait a couple months. XD
    well whatever it was it required a patch that i had to download this morning and now it finally lets me in.
    Post from ZOS this morning:

Hi everyone,

This weekend, we've experienced several Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks that have affected the North American megaservers, which has caused many of you to lose connectivity. While consoles were able to recover automatically, we were required to perform maintenances on PC yesterday due to the issue that Matt explained last weekend.

Note that we are aware some of you still remain unable to log in, and we are continuing to investigate. We'll provide an update on this issue as soon as we can.

We apologize for the issues and outages you've experienced throughout the weekend, and we'll continue to monitor the situation until it is resolved. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    So again more internet douches set out to spoil.others fun
     :(

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited March 2017
    Kyleran said:
    So again more internet douches set out to spoil.others fun
     :(
    Same old vandals. Now they vandalize the internet.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Well I'll be godamned

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:

Well I'll be godamned
    I think I see the one who took the handle that stopped the pump from working at the back. :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2017
    And why would the consoles be able to login and not the computers?

Seeing what the other poster wrote it looks rather obvious but of course idk and am just guessing.
    I simply do not believe Zeni here.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They've always had problems with their launcher since the game started.  It's got a lot better over the years but I do think because the game is so popular lately they don't want to spend any money to make the servers better, imo.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Maybe repair the client?
    Sir please! Restart your computer! Should fix the problem ..

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

edited March 2017
    Agreed with the launcher, it's was one of the reasons i stopped playing shortly after launch. I loved ESO when it first came out, but the endless spinning and once the novelty wore off, the game really wasn't worth the wait or frustration.

Coming back because of one tamriel, and 3 years of improvements didn't hurt. I seriously can't get enough. This problem isn't going to drive me away this time, it's only going to drive me nuts this time.

I've uninstalled all other MMO's, I'm so f'in tired of bouncing around mmo's like i got some serious ADD, been doing that for decade now. It's time to get serious and really dig deep into one, so i am... and i can't even begin to express how much I'm loving it and what a difference it makes to your gaming lifestyle. To nutshell it's a solid feeling of getting something done, a positive constant building. So opposite of feeling like everything you do is for not, everything is half done, never really getting anywhere just eating time; like i said to hard to explain.

The reason people play mmo pinball is because they really don't like any of them, if they did they would stay with that one because it's an mmo it's all one should need.

My problem isn't what i want to play, it's being prevented due to whatever reason. It's not that i don't have something else to play; it's there is nothing else i want to play (mmo wise). I'm always in the mood to play ESO, but sometimes i feel like a GTAO night, or some other single player game. So yea i still mix it up, but not with mmo's anymore.

Wizardry said:

Seeing what the other poster wrote it looks rather obvious but of course idk and am just guessing.

because only the NA PC server was affected i'm guessing? i could switch to the EU server and login just fine.
    baphamet said:
    Wizardry said:

because only the NA PC server was affected i'm guessing? i could switch to the EU server and login just fine.
    What happens when you switch from NA to the EU server? Is there extra downloading, curious?
    Probably start a toon there for these outages.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I switch to EU from NA 2 months ago for same reason and it didn't cause any problems and I didn't have to download anything.   HOWEVER, I ONLY use Master Merchant on NA because I am afraid to try it on EU too because somebody told me it would mess up the database.  I have been living in fear every since.

Sz  :)