Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

amateurs.. customer install directory?

CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
common man..

am i missing something here? 

why the fck is there no option to install eso in another directory

BIG LAWL

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Why do you need to?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    I've just decided to re-install the game and could clearly see the option to change installation destination.

• synless_oceansynless_ocean Member CommonPosts: 8
    common man..

BIG LAWL
    More like user error.
  • TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    edited March 2017
    Custom btw, not customer.
    I'm pretty sure ESO had it, I can't say where. It's been a while.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    common man..

BIG LAWL
    More like user error.
    Yep.

After you Ok the ToS the next screen is the Installation Options. To the right of where it installs by default it has a button that says "change". That is where you change it.

To @Kyleran's stupid question some folks do the smart thing and keep their OS and needed programs on a different drive than unneeded ones like games. I have a drive for my OS and all programs related to that, one drive for my games and one drive for my media like movies, videos and music. That way I don't lose everything if I have a SSD crash.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    The common man needs a customer install directory and can't find it.

Something tells me alcohol was involved.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    i have to custom install every game and ESO was no different. are we now making things up to complain about?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    bartoni33 said:
    common man..

BIG LAWL
    More like user error.
    Yep.

After you Ok the ToS the next screen is the Installation Options. To the right of where it installs by default it has a button that says "change". That is where you change it.

To @Kyleran's stupid question some folks do the smart thing and keep their OS and needed programs on a different drive than unneeded ones like games. I have a drive for my OS and all programs related to that, one drive for my games and one drive for my media like movies, videos and music. That way I don't lose everything if I have a SSD crash.
    Unless you have multiple SSD drives the "stupid" thing to do would be to keep your games and operating system on anything but that drive.

You don't really do that, right?

Sure the other drive in my laptop is for most of the other crap, but i don't use it for much more than a gaming platform, I have other computers for business and what not.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    bartoni33 said:
    common man..

BIG LAWL
    More like user error.
    Yep.

Unless you have multiple SSD drives the "stupid" thing to do would be to keep your games and operating system on anything but that drive.

You don't really do that, right?

Sure the other drive in my laptop is for most of the other crap, but i don't use it for much more than a gaming platform, I have other computers for business and what not.

I thought it would be obvious that I have 3 SSD's.

2 for 2 on the stupid questions! ;)

BTW I'm just kidding around ya know. Sarcasm is hard on the Internet. I don't need anymore warnings here. I like to keep it to one a year and I've already blew through it.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Even with only one SSD, you can still make multiple partitions - bam, custom install. Or some programs (games or not) do not require an SSD, because they load fast enough anyways. Bam, custom install.

And some programs,especially games, have really nice default directories which include like 20 subfolders with publishers name, develper name, parent company, launcher name, an arbitrary "client" or "game" thrown in etc, instead of "Program Files/[Game Name] or something similarly reasonable. Bam, custom install.

And it's not like everyone actually wants to have everything in "Program Files". Bam, custom install.

And i think every halfwhat reasonable setup (InstallShield, Nullsoft etc., though i'm not sure if InstallShield can be called reasonable) already includes the option to set a custom install directory since years, and i think if you just use the default that Visual Studio etc. provide it is also there.

Meaning, you have to actually make some effort to get rid of it. They have to make a custom installer to prevent customers from choosing a custom install path. Irony at it's finest.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    @Tofke, and @Dakeru some people use speech to text and phones with auto suggest.  Some of us have very poor eyesight, or just can't be bothered to double check the suggested words.  For others, English just isn't their native language in the country they live.  Is "live" a preposition?  Now if you want to do the public a service, for those who can't make the leap from customer to custom, might I suggest.

FYI, the OP probably meant custom rather than customer in the title of this thread.

The meaning is clarified, you get points for doing a public service, and the harsh doesn't get spread.  I say that's a win-win for everyone.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

Konfess said:
    @Tofke, and @Dakeru some people use speech to text and phones with auto suggest.  Some of us have very poor eyesight, or just can't be bothered to double check the suggested words.  For others, English just isn't their native language in the country they live.  Is "live" a preposition?  Now if you want to do the public a service, for those who can't make the leap from customer to custom, might I suggest.

FYI, the OP probably meant custom rather than customer in the title of this thread.

The meaning is clarified, you get points for doing a public service, and the harsh doesn't get spread.  I say that's a win-win for everyone.
    But... but... we're making fun of his inability to custom install a game properly when it clearly shows how to do so!

Now I feel bad. :(

edited March 2017
    Konfess said:
    Now if you want to do the public a service, for those who can't make the leap from customer to custom, might I suggest.

After reading that and trying to put some sense into that grammar I got the feeling the OP wasn't the only one spending his weekend drunk.

PS: The OP has a long history of complaining about games and installation problems.

WoW shit
    Black Desert shit
    ArcheAge shit
    Tera shit

Usually he at least bothers to check for spelling errors and make sure that the problem isn't on his end..
    Harbinger of Fools
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I sometimes feel sorry for people who rush to create a topic because they thought something was wrong and only to discover they were the ones who made the mistake. Perhaps instead of being keyboard happy you should check what you discovered was not an error on your part before jumping headlong into recriminations
    Chamber of Chains
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Emily Litella strikes again
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    edited March 2017
    common man..

BIG LAWL
    Someone is missing "how do I install programs on my computer Chapter 1" here.

I Installed ESO 3d ago. On a different drive.

After a 17hr work day.

After a 70hr work week.

With international travelling.

And you can't do it.

And come raging. trolling...

Maybe computers and being online isn't for you?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I installed ESO on my E:\ drive while making love

Sz  :)
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Iselin said:
    Emily Litella strikes again
    "Never mind."

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    cheyane said:
    I sometimes feel sorry for people who rush to create a topic because they thought something was wrong and only to discover they were the ones who made the mistake. Perhaps instead of being keyboard happy you should check what you discovered was not an error on your part before jumping headlong into recriminations
    Agreed. Wording it in an inquisitive manner rather than incendiary one would have worked better IMO. Either way I hope @Copperfield knows they can and is enjoying ESO :)
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    sorry but the eso installer is crap.

you install the eso installer. yes you can point out a directory in this way

why does the installer dont let me put the actual game in another directory

there 2 different things.
    - installer
    - the game

you can't install them seperate.  yes amateurs.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915

- installer
    - the game

Trying to save face that is not what you posted initially and you got your ass handed to you when everyone explained it .

kitarad said:

- installer
    - the game

Trying to save face that is not what you posted initially and you got your ass handed to you when everyone explained it .
    trying to save against whom? like i give a shit about anyone here

people respond to quick and make conclusions without knowing what the actual problem is
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    common man..

BIG LAWL
    This is what you posted. It says clearly  why is there no option to install ESO in another directory. The answers people gave were based on your own question. You would have done better to cowardly slink away than to try and put the blame on other people making conclusions. Own it .

people respond to quick and make conclusions without knowing what the actual problem is
    The problem is you making an angry post about every damn game you touch?

All except for that one master game... 
    And if you haven't played that one you can't call yourself a pvper..
    Harbinger of Fools
    edited March 2017
    kitarad said:
    common man..

BIG LAWL
    This is what you posted. It says clearly  why is there no option to install ESO in another directory. The answers people gave were based on your own question. You would have done better to cowardly slink away than to try and put the blame on other people making conclusions. Own it .
    well is there an opion to install the game in another direcorty then?

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on