Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what happened to PG planets and landing on them?

Comments

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    edited March 2017
    Rouzuki said: I
    filmoret said:
    Rouzuki said:
    Wizardry said:
    As to nothing cancelled ...roflmao how can you cancel something that has no definitive time line and nobody to answer to?It is impossible itis like me saying i am building a rocket ship.It might take me forever but hey ,i have nobody to answer to,no guarantees of any kind,so there ya go,my rocket ship idea has not been cancelled.

See how easy it is to make that kind of meaningless statement,anyone can do it.

So let me see your functional rocket engine. Let me see the over-all blueprints. Show me videos of people actually working on a product. Let me fly around the mini non space version that you built and let your investors play with.

You get where I'm going with this?
    I'm sure he could draw some pictures and pile up some scrap metal and claim the same of what we see right now from CIG.

Yea this is a picture of what im gonna make.

I'm gonna melt this metal down and make all this stuff.
    [mod edit]
    You don't have to ask, this is a public forum. People get to respond when and how they like. If you want a fan exclusive forum on this topic I suggest you head over to the Star Citizen site.
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • RouzukiRouzuki Member UncommonPosts: 66
    filmoret said:
    Rouzuki said:
    Wizardry said:
    As to nothing cancelled ...roflmao how can you cancel something that has no definitive time line and nobody to answer to?It is impossible itis like me saying i am building a rocket ship.It might take me forever but hey ,i have nobody to answer to,no guarantees of any kind,so there ya go,my rocket ship idea has not been cancelled.

So let me see your functional rocket engine. Let me see the over-all blueprints. Show me videos of people actually working on a product. Let me fly around the mini non space version that you built and let your investors play with.

I'm sure he could draw some pictures and pile up some scrap metal and claim the same of what we see right now from CIG.

I don't recall asking the resident thread troll a question. I already know you don't get where I was going with my previous post based on your previous replies to others here, you don't need to again clarify that for us.
    You don't have to ask, this is a public forum. People get to respond when and how they like. If you want a fan exclusive forum on this topic I suggest you head over to the Star Citizen site.
    Apparently I do though, according to you ;) 
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Rouzuki said:
    filmoret said:
    Rouzuki said:
    Wizardry said:

I don't recall asking the resident thread troll a question. I already know you don't get where I was going with my previous post based on your previous replies to others here, you don't need to again clarify that for us.
    Apparently I do though, according to you ;) 
    Nope, you get to respond how you like too, just as I do. My suggestion was what you could do if you don't like it and want something different. I offered the suggestion because it seems that you do want a different kind of forum.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited March 2017
    Nope, you get to respond how you like too, just as I do. My suggestion was what you could do if you don't like it and want something different. I offered the suggestion because it seems that you do want a different kind of forum.
    For you i'd recommend. A taste of bitterness, a pinch of salt, a full cup of crazy, perfect!
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Game taking way too long, way too many projects to complete for milestones.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Makes me think of the "Duke Nukem Forever" shit fest that was done by 3D Realms.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    2Vfzdb2jpg
    mAb5Ezujpg
    efYkCORjpg
    IK9rKNPjpg
    y6d9vzyjpg

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Looks like they are giving you a system in 3.0.   Well if that consists of 1 planet then will you be happy?  If that doesnt happen untill 2018 will you be happy?  If you can't land on the planet will you be happy?

I'd expect all those things to be readily available when 3.0 launches.  But mark these words I bet it won't because that is how CIG has repeatedly acted.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    Nyctelios said:
    filmoret said:
    Looks like they are giving you a system in 3.0.   Well if that consists of 1 planet then will you be happy?  If that doesnt happen untill 2018 will you be happy?  If you can't land on the planet will you be happy?

I'd expect all those things to be readily available when 3.0 launches.  But mark these words I bet it won't because that is how CIG has repeatedly acted.
    Why the cheap flaming? You asked things and people gave you information about it... yet you keep screeching.

You can expect whatever the hell you want from anything. But, please, if you'll keep making threads about SC and its development at least look at their site and watch their videos on youtube - and make discussions based on information and not what you expect.
    No thats not how it works.  Ok we can continue this conversation in 2018?  And what will we say if the planets are barebones?  Just it doesn't matter how poorly CIG performs they got some people who always defend them no matter what.  What exactly do you expect from a system in 3.0?

I 'd like to get something written so when they don't deliver I can use this thread as a source of expectations and wonder why people are still defending it.

I'd expect an entire system of at least 3 planets with atmospheres.  A decent amount of detail and a few fully developed cities maybe one on each of the planets.  Some npc's and perhaps some wildlife.

Would it be too much to expect some mining nodes?  IDK maybe that would be too much but I'd like to hear from the rest of us what we expect to see in 3.0.

So what do you expect from a 3.0 system planet?
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Well 3.0 was meant to come before the end of last year. It didn't.
    Then 3.0's schedule was meant to arrive in January. It didn't.

Instead we're finding out that they are still planning how things will work for 3.0
    We're finding out that they are only just putting together a gameplay team etc
    edited March 2017
    filmoret said:
     Well if that consists of 1 planet then will you be happy
    It doesn't. Stanton consists of several moons and planets, this includes Arccorp, Micro-tech, Hustorn that are full landing zones like the one we saw on 3.0 demo (delamar) that is also part of 3.0.

Side of those + the PG Moons and others that are considered non-populated, you still have the gas giant crusader that is also set to have one landing zone but I don't think they'll do the gas giant on the first release.
    edited March 2017
    filmoret said:
    Would it be too much to expect some mining nodes?  IDK maybe that would be too much but I'd like to hear from the rest of us what we expect to see in 3.0.

So what do you expect from a 3.0 system planet?
    Mining has actually been discussed recently the possibility of being merged within 3.0 instead of 3.1, but that is nothing at all confirmed and Mining is currently part of 3.1 as is road mapped.

You should inform yourself better and you would already know is exactly the roll out of a system, not a single planet.  In fact the "ice planet" you see on the first post is likely part of the landing zone Micro-tech that is part of the stanton system.

This is its concept:

This is last years early peek at how it is going:

The SAME way they also report the work on creating a semi-destroyed/scrapped mining planet, that is exactly where Hustorn Landing zone set to be laid upon.
    lol at the people who think I should be reading and believing what CIG tells us.  It helps to stay informed on what they are saying.  Sorta like how this guy was well informed then realized hey something ins't right because they lied to me.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/366680/sorry-guys-3-0-is-not-coming-any-time-soon-or-at-least-for-the-first-8-months-of-2017-or-even-dece

I have no clue why CIG didn't remove his post.
    edited March 2017
    filmoret said:
    lol at the people who think I should be reading and believing what CIG tells us.

This is just so petty and silly, feels like trolling really. There's no point but the generation of drama over something obvious: PG Planets were and are still under development. 
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:
    lol at the people who think I should be reading and believing what CIG tells us.

This is just so petty and silly, feels like trolling really. There's no point but the generation of drama over something obvious: PG Planets were and are still under development. 
    You ignored the link and the poor confused backer who didn't understand why everything CIG said turned out to be false.  The other problem you are ignoring is the fact that they had pg planets working but somehow we haven't seen any for the actual players yet.  You have basically given them an open book with no deadlines and no expectations.  I mean if we pick this discussion up again in 2019 will you tend to agree with me or will you still say hey they are developing it?
    edited March 2017
    filmoret said:
     The other problem you are ignoring is the fact that they had pg planets working but somehow we haven't seen any for the actual players yet. 
    I'm not ignoring anything but the fact you're twisting, trolling and manipulating what you feel like to say whatever you like with it.

One thing does not imply the other. PG Planets were in development then, they are in development now, and its delays past their supposed release date do not imply otherwise. 

And then you ignore the biggest fact, that the 3.0 goes far beyond PG Planets. Something you then act like it's such that is holding back the update, completely ignoring everything else (like tech and groundwork doesn't depend on each-other --')...
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    filmoret said:
    lol at the people who think I should be reading and believing what CIG tells us.  It helps to stay informed on what they are saying.  Sorta like how this guy was well informed then realized hey something ins't right because they lied to me.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/366680/sorry-guys-3-0-is-not-coming-any-time-soon-or-at-least-for-the-first-8-months-of-2017-or-even-dece

Why should CIG remove that post?

The OP (Space Cowboy) blames CIG for making him spend more money on SC than he wanted. He does not think it was his lack of control over his spending habits. It was CIG that made him do it. Bad CIG !

OP said : "I know im responsible for my ship purchases, but i did it based on what hype CIG created on August. Cant entirely blame me for that. That was a low move."   --> What did CIG do to you, Space Cowboy? Hold a gun to your head ? Threatened some kittens? CIG presented their development schedule and plans. Nothing more, nothing less.

The OP thought that "end of December 2016" was a fixed date written in stone ... which no one ever claimed, certainly not CIG. Another case of "I believe it is like THAT, so reality has to be like THAT ... or else!"

Have fun

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:
     The other problem you are ignoring is the fact that they had pg planets working but somehow we haven't seen any for the actual players yet. 
    I'm not ignoring anything but the fact you're twisting, trolling and manipulating what you feel like to say whatever you like with it.

One thing does not imply the other. PG Planets were in development then, they are in development now, and its delays past their supposed release date do not imply otherwise. 

And then you ignore the biggest fact, that the 3.0 goes far beyond PG Planets. Something you then act like it's such that is holding back the update, completely ignoring everything else (like tech and groundwork doesn't depend on each-other --')...
    Erillion was in this thread earlier saying journalists like gamestar was allowed to play on PG planets and yet players can't yet. Why is it good enough to show the gaming press (and a site that gets exclusives before the backers do) but not good enough to show the people who are financing the game?
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:

Erillion was in this thread earlier saying journalists like gamestar was allowed to play on PG planets and yet players can't yet. Why is it good enough to show the gaming press (and a site that gets exclusives before the backers do) but not good enough to show the people who are financing the game?

Because gaming journalists know about and understand the limitations of early demos, having seen it many many times throughout their career in many different gaming companies.

While IMHO the players that say "Give it to me NOW ! I do not care if it is finished yet. GIMME! GIMME!" are the same players that will then scream "It looks like shit, it plays like shit because ***insert minor detail of your choice*** does not work yet ! Devs, you SUCK !"

So i think it is better to wait until things work reasonably well for an Alpha test ... and i hope the devs do not listen to the impatient ones.

Have fun

Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:

Because gaming journalists know about and understand the limitations of early demos, having seen it many many times throughout their career in many different gaming companies.

While IMHO the players that say "Give it to me NOW ! I do not care if it is finished yet. GIMME! GIMME!" are the same players that will then scream "It looks like shit, it plays like shit because ***insert minor detail of your choice*** does not work yet ! Devs, you SUCK !"

So i think it is better to wait until things work reasonably well for an Alpha test ... and i hope the devs do not listen to the impatient ones.

Have fun

So the backers aren't smart enough to handle an unpolished planet to land on without an uproar?  
    Erillion said:
    filmoret said:

The OP (Space Cowboy) blames CIG for making him spend more money on SC than he wanted. He does not think it was his lack of control over his spending habits. It was CIG that made him do it. Bad CIG !

OP said : "I know im responsible for my ship purchases, but i did it based on what hype CIG created on August. Cant entirely blame me for that. That was a low move."   --> What did CIG do to you, Space Cowboy? Hold a gun to your head ? Threatened some kittens? CIG presented their development schedule and plans. Nothing more, nothing less.

The OP thought that "end of December 2016" was a fixed date written in stone ... which no one ever claimed, certainly not CIG. Another case of "I believe it is like THAT, so reality has to be like THAT ... or else!"

Have fun

I am not happy I had to search for this since you know perfectly well why that guy was upset.  Nice deflection there.  He was mad because during gamescon 2016 they said that 3.0 was scheduled to be released somewhere around December of 2016.  The guy was mad because he purchased some stuff at that point because he  was stupid enough to BELIEVE  what CIG claimed.

He then goes on to state how upset he was because there is no way CIG believed that 3.0 was going to launch in December but they just said that to get some revenue once again by lying.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/19/12559536/star-citizen-version-30
    filmoret said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:

Have fun

So the backers aren't smart enough to handle an unpolished planet to land on without an uproar?  

In my opinion 99.95 % of the backers are smart enough ... and 0.05 % are either impatient instant gratification junkies or deliberate trolls from certain Internet groups.

As 0.05 % of roughly 1.76 Million Star Citizen still translates to around 900 people whining on the Internet , i hope that the devs do not listen to the impatient ones (and ignore the trolls). And wait until the planetary landing part of the game is developed enough to be viable and (mostly) bug free.

Have fun

edited March 2017
    filmoret said:
    Not really, I don't see the point of CIG purposely changing priorities just to release one planet within the game; when they are working on much more than that, especially release them with some degree of content generation already working.

I don't think it would fall that well within the backers either, taking one highlight feature of a major update out to release it on a minimalistic matter to people to test it. I know I wouldn't be that interested into just flying down into a PG Planet and walk around it, because it's the combination of stuff they are working with that will generate the gameplay on them.
    filmoret said:
    Erillion said:
    filmoret said:

Have fun

I am not happy I had to search for this since you know perfectly well why that guy was upset.  Nice deflection there.  He was mad because during gamescon 2016 they said that 3.0 was scheduled to be released somewhere around December of 2016.  The guy was mad because he purchased some stuff at that point because he  was stupid enough to BELIEVE  what CIG claimed.

He then goes on to state how upset he was because there is no way CIG believed that 3.0 was going to launch in December but they just said that to get some revenue once again by lying.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/19/12559536/star-citizen-version-30

The guy was mad because he could not control his own urges. Then regretted it. And instead of understanding that he had only himself to blame, he projected his self guilt onto an external source (=CIG).

Not to mention that he did not have to buy anything additional. With his existing pledge he could have gotten anything he wanted in the game through in game means once the game has launched.  

That guy thought all the mentioned dates were written in stone ... which no one claimed, certainly not CIG.

If development takes longer it is regrettable ... but that is not lying. Its a fact of life in most video game projects.

Have fun   

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited March 2017
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Are you really condoning companies being able to lie to customers and then saying it's the customer's fault if they believe that lie?

Roberts was quite emphatic that they would deliver 3.0 before the 19th of December and while people should know better than to trust a single word that comes out of that guy's mouth he also has a duty to his backers to not misrepresent the status of the game.

If the date was made in good faith (lol) but changed due to design/engineering decisions then he should have simply inform people of those changes, like he promised he would do in their pledge document.

This discussion has been closed.