Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what happened to PG planets and landing on them?

Comments

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Herase said:
    To the argument.

Think Max said "No he didn't" because it wasn't a straight answer. It was more of a It could happen, if things go well, but the other poster made it sound as if CR said, "yes, this will definitely happen on this date". I don't think max is denying that the date was mentioned more that it wasn't a solid yes

I didn't make it sound like a sure fire thing.
    I stated I was "pretty sure Roberts had said 4.0 would be coming out around end of 2017". And that is indeed what he said at Citizencon, that the patches would be coming every 3 months over the coming year which would mean 4.0 around December 2017.
    As I said elsewhere, those dates have obviously changed since then but it doesn't alter the fact of what he originally said.

Max said "Save you the trouble from that, he did not. In fact from what I know it was people on the community who speculated that 4.0 was on late 2017 based on 3.0 being late 2016."

Which was clearly wrong and even when presented with information to show him that I am factually correct he still claims "I am pretending that it is a solid fact when it isn't".

TLDR: In 2016 CR said patches over the coming year which would put 4.0 at the end of 2017, fact.

Then my mistake.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Herase said:
    Then my mistake.

No problem, the thread really is a quagmire so very easy to lose track of who said what at this stage :)
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited March 2017
    Which was clearly wrong and even when presented with information to show him that I am factually correct he still claims "I am pretending that it is a solid fact when it isn't".
    Because your tone was the 2017 release of Alpha 4.0 was put plainly like it was like the announced release of 3.0 on 2016, like it had been officially announced.

And it wasn't, there wasn't anything directly said or announced. That's why if you go ask the backers if there was ever given a release date to 4.0, you'll see the big majority has no idea what you talking about.
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    filmoret said:
    Its just odd they supposively had it ready and although it wasn't polished it was quite ready.  So now the excuse is they are polishing it?  I mean it isnt even considered alpha and they want to polish it before they put 1 planet in?
    Stopped reading the thread here. OP does not know how development works. Just because they had an offline tech demo showable for the public doesn't mean it's ready. Throwing something that may work offline on an online service can be catastrophic. That's a lot of information for the server to suddenly process without it first being setup. The game servers have to simulate a lot of the stuff going on in the universe, such as planet positions, player positions, NPCs, vehicles, everything. Not coding it server side wise could lead to a lot of broken stuff and if the devs left everything client side, you'd see a lot of exploits coming around. Not only getting it ready for the server to handle, they need to polish it, stress test it, fix things that do break. What was shown off at Citizen Con was in a controlled environment to allow it to be showable..
    edited March 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Because your tone was the 2017 release of Alpha 4.0 was put plainly like it was like the announced release of 3.0 on 2016, like it had been officially announced.

And it wasn't, there wasn't anything directly said or announced. That's why if you go ask the backers if there was ever given a release date to 4.0, you'll see the big majority has no idea what you talking about.

Max please... My tone was not like that, you don't get to decide what my tone is like, I am the one writing and I am the only one certain about how I am thinking of what I am saying. Your perception of my tone was incorrect. The easy way that could have been remedied would have been by asking "How did you mean that?".

I cannot believe you are still in denial. Roberts said patches every 3 months over the coming year. In this case the coming year was 2017 and there would be 4 patches bringing us to the end of 2017. There is no other way to take that comment, it is impossible to interpret that comment any other way.

If you still disagree with that then please do so in silence because this is beyond FUIBAR now. If you persist I will be reporting you for trolling.

edited March 2017
    Max please... My tone was not like that, you don't get to decide what my tone is like, I am the one writing and I am the only one certain about how I am thinking of what I am saying. Your perception of my tone was incorrect. The easy way that could have been remedied would have been by asking "How did you mean that?".
    That's how I understood it however, but there was nothing direct it about it, and you do indeed have to consider several things to reach the conclusion.

If you persist I will be reporting you for trolling.
    The discussion is FUBAR, that strategy, though, if it was to report each other our first discussion alone would award us both shiny infractions. --'
    MaxBacon said:
    That's how I understood it however, but there was nothing direct it about it, and you do indeed have to consider several things to reach that conclusion.

If there was nothing direct about it then why were you claiming that I stated it as if it was a definite thing?

Aaarrgh. No please don't answer, forget I asked and for the sake of this thread do not answer.

MaxBacon said:
    If you persist I will be reporting you for trolling.
    The discussion is FUBAR, that strategy, though, if it was to report each other our first discussion alone would award us both shiny infractions. --'

I would not call it a strategy. It is a last resort against your exasperating obstinacy.

edited March 2017
    I would not call it a strategy. It is a last resort against your exasperating obstinacy.
    I do not wish to continue this, we're always arguing about the most irrelevant things, about what he said, or didn't said, or meant or didn't mean, about terminology (i hate this one). Instead of just staying by the middle argument that meets its current reality, 4.0 will not happen this year.

The beta stuff wasn't from them, but it's always one open discussion due the reality of what is planned by then justifying the game to move towards its beta.
    MaxBacon said:
    I do not wish to continue this, we're always arguing about the most irrelevant things, about what he said, or didn't said, or meant or didn't mean, about terminology (i hate this one). Instead of just staying by the middle argument that meets its current reality, 4.0 will not happen this year.

The beta stuff wasn't from them, but it's always one open discussion due the reality of what is planned by then justifying the game to move towards its beta.

I did ask you nicely to keep this to yourself but it seems you just cannot help it..

Reported.
  • gir243gir243 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Oh man Max is wearing out the LOL button.  Report him Murph.  He is attacking you!
    MaxBacon
    edited March 2017
    gir243 said:
    Oh man Max is wearing out the LOL button.  Report him Murph.  He is attacking you!
    You know I'm very thankful, I have someone dedicated to LOL all my posts for the past half year (at least).

Not everyone gets to say that! :3
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    rpmcmurphy said:
    Post updated with links, timestamps and explanation. It's all right there for your pleasure...
    ...good. Your conjectures are MaxBacon and Erillion levels...gratz, I guess.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    MaxBacon said:
    gir243 said:
    You know I'm very thankful, I have someone dedicated to LOL all my posts for the past half year (at least).

Not everyone gets to say that! :3
    Don't get too big-headed. @Gdemami is the LOL King here. He bestows LOL's on EVERYONE with impunity.

On-Topic:
    Q: So what happened to PG planets and landing on them?

A: CIG spouted a bunch of hype that was not obtainable in the given time-frame. Business as usual from them. No need for 16 (SIXTEEN) pages of back and forth. Quit believing ANY timeframe from these guys, especially CR.

(hopefully) /thread

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• ZettaBytesZettaBytes Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited March 2017
    MaxBacon said:

Unbelievable.
    If Chris Roberts said patch 3.0 before December 19th 2016 and two months later says that there would be 3 patches after 3.0 at 3 month intervals then the "date" (at the time he said it) would be December 2017.

Whichever way you want to argue this, there is no getting around it. Just grow a spine and follow the example @Herase set.and you can see how people get treated when they admit a mistake, right there it immediately gets forgotten with a "With the way the thread is it's not surprising you thought that." and that was the end of that.

MaxBacon
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited March 2017
    Gdemami said:
    rpmcmurphy said:
    If you're going to "save me the trouble" then atleast prove it with a link or some shit.
    You are asking for link about something that didn't happen...? ...for real?

If you are asking others for links, you should be the first to provide them, burden of proof is on your shoulders in this case.

What do you mean a link for something that didn't happen. It did happen. Whenever it was that he gave the timelines for 3.0 is when he also said that 4.0 would be coming 12 months later.

I used the words "Pretty sure" to indicate that I am not making a definitive statement.
    Max then proceeded to refute that in a definitve way so in that case the burden is on him. He uses the words "He did not" (a statement) , he then uses the words "In fact" (without providing any facts), He then gets it all wrong by saying it was the community who claimed December 2017 when in reality it was Roberts who said 4.0 would be coming 12 months after 3.0's December 2017 release.

In Gamescom video at 24 mins 10 secs he says 3.0 before 19th December 2017

In CitizenCon video at 1 hour 13 mins 14 secs he says a cadence of 2-3 months between patches for 3.1 3.2 3.3 etc

So 19th December 2016 for 3.0 with 3 months between patches gives the following
    3.1 - March 2017
    3.2 - June 2017
    3.3 - Sept 2017
    4.0 - December 2017

Happy now?

They will persecute you for believing him yet somehow they will defend him to the death even though they don't believe what he says.  But if you don't believe what he says then you are somehow wrong.  So I can think he's lying about having pg planets and they don't believe what he said about 3.0 and somehow I'm the hater and they are the fans.

The common denominator is noone believes what Chris says fans or otherwise.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited March 2017
    bartoni33 said:
    Don't get too big-headed. @Gdemami is the LOL King here. He bestows LOL's on EVERYONE with impunity.
    So I heard! But this other guy is my LOL fan N#1, and that makes it special. Gde's LOL's are cheap!
    filmoret said:
    This should be standard operating procedure for all threads on SC.

This is where the Fanboys fail. Makes them look stupid. Then they get defensive. Then you get 16 (SIXTEEN) pages of... whatever this is.

This is coming from a fan and backer of SC. O.o

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    filmoret said:
    Gdemami said:
    rpmcmurphy said:
    If you're going to "save me the trouble" then atleast prove it with a link or some shit.
    You are asking for link about something that didn't happen...? ...for real?

If you are asking others for links, you should be the first to provide them, burden of proof is on your shoulders in this case.

What do you mean a link for something that didn't happen. It did happen. Whenever it was that he gave the timelines for 3.0 is when he also said that 4.0 would be coming 12 months later.

I used the words "Pretty sure" to indicate that I am not making a definitive statement.
    Max then proceeded to refute that in a definitve way so in that case the burden is on him. He uses the words "He did not" (a statement) , he then uses the words "In fact" (without providing any facts), He then gets it all wrong by saying it was the community who claimed December 2017 when in reality it was Roberts who said 4.0 would be coming 12 months after 3.0's December 2017 release.

In Gamescom video at 24 mins 10 secs he says 3.0 before 19th December 2017

In CitizenCon video at 1 hour 13 mins 14 secs he says a cadence of 2-3 months between patches for 3.1 3.2 3.3 etc

So 19th December 2016 for 3.0 with 3 months between patches gives the following
    3.1 - March 2017
    3.2 - June 2017
    3.3 - Sept 2017
    4.0 - December 2017

Happy now?

They will persecute you for believing him yet somehow they will defend him to the death even though they don't believe what he says.  But if you don't believe what he says then you are somehow wrong.  So I can think he's lying about having pg planets and they don't believe what he said about 3.0 and somehow I'm the hater and they are the fans.

I think you summed it up nicely there lol.
  • ZettaBytesZettaBytes Member UncommonPosts: 37
    filmoret said:

I am sure I have seen this behaviour before, something to do with ship packages being sold after release and how Chris Roberts didn't really mean it, apparently he said it because he had too much to drink.... but if he had said no ship packages after release they would be holding the comment up like one of the Ten Commandments.

>The common denominator is noone believes what Chris says fans or otherwise.

This made me chuckle.
    MaxBacon said:
    bartoni33 said:
    So I heard! But this other guy is my LOL fan N#1, and that makes it special. Gde's LOL's are cheap!
    Well that is true.

Kinda like the difference between being an innocent bystander in a drive-by shooting and the actual target, right?

• gir243gir243 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    MaxBacon said:
    bartoni33 said:
    I didn't LOL you.  I was commenting on your LOL usage.  Your personal "attack" was so full of "aggressivity" that I might just figure out how to report someone.  Internet words hurt.
    MaxBacon
    edited March 2017
    bartoni33 said:
    Well that is true.

Kinda like the difference between being an innocent bystander in a drive-by shooting and the actual target, right?
    I suppose so. But it's kk, if that's what people want to do, why not.

gir243 said:
    I didn't LOL you.  I was commenting on your LOL usage.
    I was being LOL'd, I LOL'd back. O.o
    edited March 2017
    ZettaBytes said:
    If Chris Roberts said patch 3.0 before December 19th 2016 and two months later says that there would be 3 patches after 3.0 at 3 month intervals then the "date" (at the time he said it) would be December 2017.
    Erm, no...that is just his false conjecture.

The interval rollout is in relation to content patches of version 3, like 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, etc.  Integer number is like "milestone", it designates some major update. You set a pipeline for a version (ie. 3) and cut it into chunks(patches - 3.1, 3.2, etc.). Jumping to new integer number is not the same as going from 3.1 to 3.2.

That is why he said "we will have 4.0 when you will be able to jump to other systems" and when talking about 4, he explained why he cannot give any more specifics because 4 depends on what they will be able to build with their current content pipeline, what they wil be able to do with planets etc.

rpmcmurphy is just hearing what he wants to hear...
    Gdemami said:
    ZettaBytes said:
    Erm, no...that is just his false conjecture.

The interval is in relation to content patches of version 3, like 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, etc.  Integer number is like "milestone", it designates some major update. You set a pipeline for a version (ie. 3) and cut it into chunks(patches - 3.1, 3.2, etc.). Jumping to new integer number is not the same as going from 3.1 to 3.2.

That is why he said "we will have 4.0 when you will be able to jump to other systems" and when talking about 4, he explained why he cannot give any more specifics because 4 depends on what they will be able to build with their current content pipeline, what they wil be able to do with planets etc.

rpmcmurphy is just hearing what he wants to hear...
    Never thought about it like that. We could see 3.1.1->3.1.2->3.2->3.2.1->ect. So your good for more that a LOL, interesting. ;)

So once again the answer is:

Do not believe anything CR says about development times for SC.

edited March 2017
    bartoni33 said:
    Never thought about it like that. We could see 3.1.1->3.1.2->3.2->3.2.1->ect. So your good for more that a LOL, interesting. ;)

So once again the answer is:

Do not believe anything CR says about development times for SC.
    This versioning is just for the outsiders, internally it is much wilder. Check out the build numbers and designations of EVE Online releases.

http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/eve_releases.php

(iirc, these are just production releases, no test builds)
This discussion has been closed.