Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ryzen Build

2»

Comments

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Looks amazing man, good stuff!

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• BarbarbarBarbarbar Member UncommonPosts: 271
    edited March 2017
    You should probably read this: https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/03/14/tips-for-building-a-better-amd-ryzen-system
    I don't think I quite understand the memory problem, but setting Ryzen up the right way seems to matter a good deal, according to the gaming graph.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Thanks, I was waiting for non-beta bios and someone to post something thorough on memory before I started tweaking. I am using one of the corsair modules they tested which is good for me.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Just got an interesting letter from Brad Wardell in Stardock Magazine.  What was interesting about the context was that he was thrilled with Ryzen.  In it he says that more cores equals better performance in games and everything else.  

He was talking about MR(mixed reality) which is the next big thing coming down the line and that it will run in 8 or more cores much better than the 4 core machines.  Their new engine they are using will use as many cores as there are in the cpu.  

That pretty much tells me that Intel's I7's are on the way out and Intel better start getting competitive with AMD with more cores.

So if you were considering an I7 system and like Stardock's games, reconsider and get a Ryzen instead.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Dual core CPUs have been on the way out for what, ten years or so?  And they're still not completely gone.  The Steam hardware survey shows dual cores about as common as quad cores today.

So are quad core CPUs on the way out?  Maybe, kinda, sorta.  But I don't expect them to vanish any faster than dual cores have.