Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the benefits of playing video games?

124»

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 2,757
    Ungood said:
    Necro'ed a 6 month old topic, to post something totally off topic.. color me impressed.
    So how's the family? Oh did you buy that sump pump in the end?
    This is some serious fucking humor folks! 
    ConstantineMerus
  • Noobmaster_95Noobmaster_95 Member UncommonPosts: 89
    You always know that you have something cool and exciting to do when you're back home. You know that you have more choice than people who only read books or watch TV series. There're dozen of worlds in which you can get involved. That's pure magic
    GdemamiUngood
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 2,757
    You always know that you have something cool and exciting to do when you're back home. You know that you have more choice than people who only read books or watch TV series. There're dozen of worlds in which you can get involved. That's pure magic
    I like this answer.
    Octagon7711
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,745
    Necro post. I thought I had seen it before.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 11,687
    ...you can say the same about crack waiting for you to get home, however I would hesitate to list it as a "benefit".
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,909
    Games have always been a social outlet, stress relief, and mind/memory improvement in every culture throughout all history.  As is all art.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Its a cheaper hobby than going to the Bar. Safer too. No such thing  Gaming While Intoxicated. Id be a repeat offender.
    NorseGod

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.

Best Duo Ever
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,039
    Teens/young adults can get in alot of trouble with other things...Video games are relatively harmless comparatively.
  • PharadPharad Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7
    it depends on the game, some are even better than movies, others work as great stress relief, yet others can save you from a wild night at the bar without you even considering that you've lost something. 

I myself play video games because of the capability to exceed the limits of our reality and immerse in worlds where magic, numerous races, and multiple worlds exist solely for you to discover. A bit of a god complex I'd say but it is what it is.

Also, I'm quite bad at sports, but I'm really good at EA's FIFA (with the hopes that FIFA 20 will provide me with yet another medal to brag about) xD
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member RarePosts: 2,234
    I went from blowing $450 per weekend to $15-$30 per month.

Come home, North Man.

Rolling for Spicy.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 933
    What is the benefit of doing anything?  If you are older, have a stressful job and a family, it is a way to recharge and be a little more stable to face the horrors each new day brings.  Its my me-time.  
    Agent_Joseph
  • pollard5pollard5 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    In layman's terms, playing video games directly affects and impacts regions of the brain responsible for memory, spatial orientation, information organizations, and fine motor skills. The study also reinforces the claim that, like exercise, playing games for as little as 30 minutes a day, can improve your life.
    Agent_Joseph
  • fyehu43fyehu43 Newbie CommonPosts: 20
    I would say the benefit is the social aspect and sense of community. Also filled out the survey
    Phry

Shaman Raid Tank & expert in off-meta specs: Priest Tank

Melee Hunter

Smite Priest

Support Warrior

and more...

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    fyehu43 said:
    I would say the benefit is the social aspect and sense of community. Also filled out the survey
    if they are still collating the information 2+ years later i would be mildly shocked to say the least.