Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Court Throws Out Digital Homicide's Lawsuit Against Jim Sterling

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    I wish there was a "neato" button cause this isn't technically awesome.. or insightful.. but it is neato. 

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I think it is terrible that the court judged that each party has to bear its own costs/fees. DH should have to pay a penalty or at least pay for JS's court fees given how absolutely ridiculous their position was.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Torval said:
    YashaX said:
    I think it is terrible that the court judged that each party has to bear its own costs/fees. DH should have to pay a penalty or at least pay for JS's court fees given how absolutely ridiculous their position was.
    Maybe the party must counter-sue for the fees.
    Kind of what I was thinking.  But that's just based off my legal wisdom I learned from Judge Judy lol.
  • KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I wish there was a "neato" button cause this isn't technically awesome.. or insightful.. but it is neato. 
    I kinda want to pry a little into what you're getting at, but my better senses say let it go.

I think you're neato too, mw   :p
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited February 2017
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    YashaX said:
    Maybe the party must counter-sue for the fees.
    Kind of what I was thinking.  But that's just based off my legal wisdom I learned from Judge Judy lol.
    Better than mine: Perry Mason, Ironsides, and Night Court. :chuffed:
    If you want to know about serial killers and sex crimes come see me. I'm an expert from all of the episodes of Criminal Minds and SVU my wife has made me watch.

Business law, not so much.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Predictable result: BS lawsuit dismissed but not before the respondent has to spend enough of his own money to make him think twice about future game criticism. Good ole American Rule strikes again.

Score one for Jim, zero for the Romine brothers and a fraction of a point for the gaming industry that wants to control the message potential customers see about their games.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    A counter suit would only hold up if the lawsuits have the intention of using the legal system to harm the defendant financially, or to harass an individual. I think it would be difficult to prove such a reason in this case. If the plantiff did something like continuously delay the trial, or came up with absurd damages claim and used it to threaten the defendant than that would be a good case.

For instance if Lionbridge sued a peer in a BitTorrent stream for $20 million, and kept asking them to settle out of court for $200k. That would warrant intention to use the legal system to inflict financial harm if the defendant is found innocent.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Rhoklaw said:
    It's been a while since I watched his review of their game. My memory isn't so good, but can anyone tell me if these are the same developers who had every one of their games removed from STEAM over this fiasco or am I thinking of some other developer?
    Same folks. They tried to sue 100 Steam users and Steam themselves at one point. So got removed from the service.