Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im bored...( sitting in the boring room again )

2»

Comments

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    What i sort of miss is a real good mmorpg like vanilla wow...I like to have many spells/skills to cast..not just 5-6 given skills. Idc if the game cost money to play or is free...i did play the rift but i find the raiding part some sort of dead..or maybe im on a wrong server..anyway the rift is boring to me..i want to start over on a new adventure on a new game..

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

I sure dont hope they all play wow...cuz been there done that
    Get out, get a hobby, do something with your life instead of being bored.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 74
    the game you are looking for does not exist, settle, and like someone else said...get social with them, get on discord, whatever, make it fun, don't wait for the perfect game cause it don't exist
    ok..back inside the fridge again and freeze my self down until cool games comes out

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Maybe try GW2.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Luiden said:
    The reason why you are bored is because games made today are made for a different generation.. basically they are made by Millennials for Millennials.. which means what they find fun and exciting in a game is very much different than what you do.  Does this sound familiar...

1.  Instead of playing through the game to earn a mount the new games give you a mount at level 3 because.. well you are special and you deserve it right?

2.  Instead of having to figure out how to fight against 1 monster at level 1 you somehow have the power to take on 5 at once and kick everybody's ass.. no chance of killed unless you fall asleep at the wheel.  Getting killed when you are actually pushing buttons would be unfair, you deserve to win every fight.. it's a game, it's for you right?

3.  Why would you waste your time fighting and leveling for money in game.. that sounds stupid, you should just be able to access a cash shop and spend real life money and buy it.. heck, it's just your parents money who cares right?

The list goes on and on, games today are designed for Millennials and they will continue to suck and be boring until the Millennial generation gets old and the next generation comes into play.. we can only hope that the new generation rebels and does the inverse of everything that the Millennials did.. only then will gaming become interesting again. 
    This is spot on almost depressing and sad at the same time. 

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• BeefFandangoBeefFandango Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Get a fucking job! 
  • AtaakaAtaaka Member UncommonPosts: 213
    My favorite subject!

I feel like quoting myself...

"

"The early days of MMO" were magical to not only the players, but to the developers, as well. The one and only reason that killed our imagination is the massaging of PVP into those PVE worlds. Asheron's Call completely went south after a single month of allowing pvp on a pve server (eyes roll forward to the screen).

You miss the whole point of the early days thrill. It's not so much a specific gameplay, which BTW doesnt speak for the nextgen either, it's more simpler than that... they miss the true friendships that developed over time that had little to nothing to do with the game.

Today's gamer want's power. They risk real-life to live a pseudo-world where they might assume power, fortune and now fame through achievements... I don't need that, and so many other people like me don't care for it one bit.

Mygen gamers want a place where we can master our class, whittle something fantastic, and carry-on in a magical world where nothing is ever going to be real except the friendships, acts of kindness, and well-being of those in our paths. We want the latitude of epic gaming, in between all those other things we do but not as the main focus.

My gen gaming and gamers have a problem, I admit, it's nothing to do with out-growing or failure to see. We just don't want to drive around in a Jaguar made by Ford. We don't care about flash or riches. We don't care about power or fame. We care about each other, which is something today's games just don't seem to capture or nurture anymore.

So... I guess you want me to stop playing. Well that shows a negative google of maturity, which is a whole subject unto itself, and another reason why so many people seem to be searching for the 'perfect MMOG'...

Gaming companies are two-faced-fence-hoppers (and they should be) because they will flow toward the cash. Money talks and pays the bills, not real human qualities such as truth or honesty. The people who are sooo forgiving to these gaming companies are the same people who will play until the free stuff ends or will quit before things are fixed. I'm no longer a part of that forgiving crowd. 

When gaming companies pay me to play their games, then I will be more forgiving. When they come to 'my job' and solve 'my problems' then I will happily forgive them. Until such time, I don't want a new car that's gonna break-down on my way to lunch with clients worth 10x their annual revenue... Because in real life (in which this all exists) resurrection from death isn't always gonna happen.

EDITED RANT -LOL

Sorry OP...back to you and your situation.

"

Ataaka

Developers make games, players ruin them.

Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/326566/mmorpgs-is-there-any-hope-on-the-horizon-at-all/p2#LqUwQeYDrEyoK4dg.99

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    OP consider not playing any game. You may just need a break. Failing that...consider WITCHER 3. Single player rpg...and he best single player game I have ever played.
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Could do what I did.

Get married and have two kids, less than a year apart. See, this way, between work, kids, and a pregnant wife, you won't have much time for gaming, so that playing anything in the minuscule spare amount of time you have, regardless of if it's your dream game or not, will be amazing. 
    Friday the 24/2 ( Wooo ! Its weekend )

Another weekend in boring hell...for the lols i tryed aion again and removed it after 5 mins..horrible outdated game..

Then i played few lol games but that game is only fun few times..or one hour..depends if you loose or win :p

Then i played h1z1 for 20 mins, where i met a guy who was tired of the game so he asked me to kill him after handing me over a shotgun with 6 bullets..after the execute i passed the shotgun over to another guy i met and told him to kill me..lols..not sure if he then passed the legacy on haha.

The rest of this day timed out by reading forums and seaching for the holy grail among games to play..

Saterday 25/2 ( captains log on starcruise 6.5 ) :p

And then i installed tera and played my lvl 65 toon..realising i was just smashing my hands down on the keyboard and then we managed to raid a dungeon on 5 mins with out even saying hello or goodbye...and i think i found some alkahest stuff/dust to enchant another meaningless tier gear.

Played some lol matches again and tryed out new champs...

Bought The division but after 15 min i found the AI very stupid or braindead..i could basicly dance and clap my hands while i was killing my targets..so thats wasted 12 EU...sigh.
    I hope i can sell it on some skanky site for used condoms..erh games.. GG :p

Sunday 26/2 ( night time )

Installing ESO again for the 4 th time...just to see what all the talk is about..Eso is kinda ok..beside i hat ethe 5 guild part and why all the Auction houses are split in to different npc in different towns..owned by different guilds..confusing..why...just make 1 AH that i slinked to all other towns..and just make 1 guild..people dont want 5 guilds..you stick with 1 house and become loyal to that clup...

Like Fary tail..emagine if Natsu was member of 5 guilds...

I have never subbed to ESO but maybe im willing to try the new DLC content for 13 Eu each month or just 1.

Still seaching on steam and looking up "best games" on youtube...and the soon to some games looks awsome..i am looking forward to path of exile new acts rather than play on hard and nightmare all over again same bosses..but that dosent fix my bored situation now...

Could do what I did.

Get married and have two kids, less than a year apart. See, this way, between work, kids, and a pregnant wife, you won't have much time for gaming, so that playing anything in the minuscule spare amount of time you have, regardless of if it's your dream game or not, will be amazing. 

No thanks

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    thunderC said:
    Luiden said:
    The reason why you are bored is because games made today are made for a different generation.. basically they are made by Millennials for Millennials.. which means what they find fun and exciting in a game is very much different than what you do.  Does this sound familiar...

1.  Instead of playing through the game to earn a mount the new games give you a mount at level 3 because.. well you are special and you deserve it right?

2.  Instead of having to figure out how to fight against 1 monster at level 1 you somehow have the power to take on 5 at once and kick everybody's ass.. no chance of killed unless you fall asleep at the wheel.  Getting killed when you are actually pushing buttons would be unfair, you deserve to win every fight.. it's a game, it's for you right?

3.  Why would you waste your time fighting and leveling for money in game.. that sounds stupid, you should just be able to access a cash shop and spend real life money and buy it.. heck, it's just your parents money who cares right?

The list goes on and on, games today are designed for Millennials and they will continue to suck and be boring until the Millennial generation gets old and the next generation comes into play.. we can only hope that the new generation rebels and does the inverse of everything that the Millennials did.. only then will gaming become interesting again. 
    This is spot on almost depressing and sad at the same time. 

Expect it to get worse.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Could do what I did.

That sounds you're not satisfied with your life.