Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Spectrum Alpha is live

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15741-Spectrum-Alpha-Is-Live

The next piece of the puzzle. Will be especially useful if you organize a player organization. As i use smartphones a lot, this will make it easier for me to stay in contact with my fellow Star Citizens.

"Spectrum is a real-time communication web application built specifically for Star Citizen. Its motivation is to bring Star Citizen into your everyday lives. Spectrum allows you to communicate with other citizens whether you are playing the game, at work or on your mobile. Inspired by popular contemporary communication platforms, Spectrum has been built with the latest web technologies.

Spectrum’s focus is to facilitate community. The customization tools will make interaction within organizations agile and sophisticated. No longer will you have to go offsite for your org communication, you will have full access to private customizable chat lobbies, forums private rich chat and soon voice chat.

Spectrum will not only be a means of communication for the players with each other but for you to engage directly with community managers and developers. Additionally, separate lobbies will be accessible to subscribers and concierge."

Have fun

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Will those "private customizable chat lobbies, forums private rich chat and soon voice chat." end up being an additional cost?

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Talonsin said:
    Will those "private customizable chat lobbies, forums private rich chat and soon voice chat." end up being an additional cost?

The last paragraph of the OP pretty much spells out their will be a "pay wall" for some aspects of it.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    bartoni33 said:
    Talonsin said:

The last paragraph of the OP pretty much spells out their will be a "pay wall" for some aspects of it.
    First CIG has to decide if there is a continuation of the subscriber/concierge concept after launch day. So far no decision has been made. Until then, this Spectrum part is just a continuation of the way the current CIG forums are organized (as has been discussed before, the seperate subscriber forum section is only used to discuss the next community video blogs and what questions should be asked - the rest of the chatter there is identical to that of the general forum).

Have fun
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    edited February 2017
    Erillion said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Talonsin said:

First CIG has to decide if there is a continuation of the subscriber/concierge concept after launch day. So far no decision has been made. Until then, this Spectrum part is just a continuation of the way the current CIG forums are organized (as has been discussed before, the seperate subscriber forum section is only used to discuss the next community video blogs and what questions should be asked - the rest of the chatter there is identical to that of the general forum).

Have fun
    I will bow to your expertise in all things SC related. I did not think about the future of the Concierge service after launch. I just assumed that any and all extra revenue would be welcome, although I don't know what perks given to Concierges would be acceptable to us Plebs! 

EDIT: Crap I almost forgot the most important question to ask in any SC post:

Anyone?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Don't they have an history of reading private messages and tracking their userbase on social media & stuff though? So these "private" chat lobbies are probably not so "private".