Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Tips for New Players - TheHiveLeader - Elder Scrolls Online Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2017 in Videos Discussion

image5 Tips for New Players - TheHiveLeader - Elder Scrolls Online Videos - MMORPG.com

The Elder Scrolls Online has just announced its new Morrowind themed expansion. In anticipation, new players will likely be pouring in to TESO, and TheHiveLeader is here to help them out!

Read the full story here

Comments

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    There's a way in the settings to turn off friendly fire Hiveleader. Also, I recommend subscribing for the material bag. You can open it in the field. It beats strategically planning to try to zone back to a city and deposit stull in your limited space bank.
  • PossumPossum Member UncommonPosts: 65
    My personal most important tip: turn off the quest indicator in you compass. Using it you will only look at your compass and miss the beautiful world around you. quests will still be shown on your map.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    When I was playing there was no crafting bag. I had to place things on alts, they were there solely to hold stuff.
    Chamber of Chains
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Large anime between my legs, eh? I didn't know that ESO was THAT time of role playing game.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited February 2017
    #6 join a good trading guild.

Not only will this let you sell up to 30 items through the guild store, you can travel to the wayshrine nearest any of those guild members from the guild interface by simply right clicking on a member's name and choosing travel from the drop down menu. You can do this with any type of guild but the good trading ones tend to have a full roster of 500 active players spread out all over the world. This type of travel is also free from the cost of traveling to a wayshrine if you don't start your travel from another wayshrine.

#7 That crappy little one room house in Elden Root? Buy it.

Do this even if you don't like that house or have any plan to decorate it. Traveling to this house is also free from anywhere you happen to be through the "collections" interface. This tiny house that costs 45K gold is right next to the stables, it's near the undaunted enclave where you get the dungeon pledges, near the re-spec shrines, near some of the best guild stores, near all the crafting stations and the bank and right outside the outlaw refuge - it doesn't get any more central than this.

BTW you can also open this house up by giving visiting permissions to your whole guild. If you make that your "primary residence" anyone who has permission to visit it can teleport there also for free even when you're not there or even online.

#8 a second account makes a lot of money sense

Don't want to sub for that crafting bag? The ESO base game goes on sale constantly through legit online vendors (GMG for example) for as little as $10 - less than the cost of a sub for one month. Each account comes with 8 character slots and a bank... that's a lot of "mule" space (540 slots without any upgrades) for $10 even if you have no intention of ever leveling any of those mules.

Added bonus: since this is a separate account, you can send mail back and forth from it. You can also send mail from anywhere in the game. So you're out in the wilds and your inventory is full? Just open up the mail interface and send your spare junk to the other account. You can only send mail to other accounts so this is the only way to send mail to "yourself."
    Post edited by Iselin on
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    cheyane said:
    When I was playing there was no crafting bag. I had to place things on alts, they were there solely to hold stuff.
    A lots changed since you've played then :)  Maybe you should return? 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Crafting bag not worth the sub. Subs arent worth the subs. Once Crowns go on sale go and buy 22000 for 100 bucks. Buy the 3 extra character slots and max out bags on all your toons. Max out bank and put your crafting crap there, but you really only need 2 maybe 3 crafting toons anyway. Even with the crossover of furniture recipes.

The ONLY thing the crafting bag does it let you loot everything with autoloot on. If youre not a provisioner then you can throw 75% of that crap away anyway. Other than flour and a few things furniture uses.

I might reconsider my position on subs if they add a furniture bag or something else that makes spending 156 bucks a year 'worth' it but even that wouldnt make it worth the difference. Because 156 is 36000 crowns (six 5500 packs and one 3000 pack) Or you could get seven 5500 (38500) packs for $168. thats 20K more crowns than your sub gives you 'for free'.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    tip 6; get mini radar addon. just must have.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I'd add: don't be afraid to spend skills. You get more than you'll need eventually, and re-specs are cheap at higher levels where they'll count.

Also, on PC, download a Shard mod to find those. Forget hunting. :proud:

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    tip #7 (or wherever we're up to):
    Do not uninstall this game with the intention to reload it later. As it has the slowest download speed in living memory.
    Even downloading the world encyclopedia on the history of everything - using a 56k landline, is quicker than installing this game.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I suppose one day they will sale inventory chests for houses. Way overpriced, so wait for a sale. Second account idea sounds great, being able to mail stuff to your other account would come in handy.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey