Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Never thought I will say this - But WoW is so far ahead of any other imaginable MMO right now

2456

Comments

  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,205

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 214
    I would venture to say that Blizzard employs 300 developers company wide, not 300 on WoW alone. The state of Blizzard games are an absolute joke and I refuse to play any of their titles.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,972
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,205
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I would venture to say that Blizzard employs 300 developers company wide, not 300 on WoW alone. The state of Blizzard games are an absolute joke and I refuse to play any of their titles.

    You can venture all you like, but you don't have to since this information is quite readily available since they are a public company. Currently Blizz sits around 2500 employees. 

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,972
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    Bad games don't get 25 million players in less than a year, regardless of marketing. Your claim was that they have no idea what to do in the future, but recent releases indicate that they're still doing fine and will likely continue to do so. Your opinion on the quality of their games is irrelevant to their massive success.
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    Its people like you that give Blizzard defenders their ammo. 
    If you're going to bash Blizzard at least be consistent in your argument. 

  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,161
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    Ah yuck you've been infected by DMKano.
  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,205
    edited February 2017
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    Bad games don't get 25 million players in less than a year, regardless of marketing. Your claim was that they have no idea what to do in the future, but recent releases indicate that they're still doing fine and will likely continue to do so. Your opinion on the quality of their games is irrelevant to their massive success.

    Your statement is delusional. Any product can get popularity with a good advertising. Do you remember things like Tamagotchi :) The amount of sales is not related with the quality. Also I did not say bad, but average FPS. Check your vocabulary, because bad is unlike average, and average is unlike great. Do you claim Overwatch is a bad game? Because I do not.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    Bad games don't get 25 million players in less than a year, regardless of marketing. Your claim was that they have no idea what to do in the future, but recent releases indicate that they're still doing fine and will likely continue to do so. Your opinion on the quality of their games is irrelevant to their massive success.

    Your statement is delusional. Any product can get popularity with a good advertising. Do you remember things like Tamagotchi :) The amount of sales is not related with the quality. Also I did not say bad, but average FPS. Check your vocabulary, because bad is unlike average, and average is unlike great. Do you claim Overwatch is a bad game? Because I do not.
    Also see Apple.

    image
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    edited February 2017
    Put the old talent system back in the new one is awful...

    Wheres the new character models and graphics...

    Wheres the ! and Quests on map (WITHOUT) using add-on for old questing areas...

    Its still a awful experience.

    ** Back in the day I used to love WOW** But blizzard killed the game by changing key things like Talents that did not need to be changed, constant 24/7 arena grind, and Battle Grounds for PVP gear killed the whole game experience for me...


  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 505
    DMKano said:
    Because not everyone likes WoW.

    example LoL

    what he said! i would gladly take just about any unpolished sandbox over WoW any day of the week. but that's my preference just like ppl who love WoW are free to love WoW. also i dont need a quality sandbox to compete with WoW that would kinda defeat the point of why i prefer a non themepark to begin with.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,972
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    Bad games don't get 25 million players in less than a year, regardless of marketing. Your claim was that they have no idea what to do in the future, but recent releases indicate that they're still doing fine and will likely continue to do so. Your opinion on the quality of their games is irrelevant to their massive success.

    Your statement is delusional...
    Kind of like your claim that Blizz has no idea what to do in the future? 
  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,205
    edited February 2017
    Volgore said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    Bad games don't get 25 million players in less than a year, regardless of marketing. Your claim was that they have no idea what to do in the future, but recent releases indicate that they're still doing fine and will likely continue to do so. Your opinion on the quality of their games is irrelevant to their massive success.

    Your statement is delusional. Any product can get popularity with a good advertising. Do you remember things like Tamagotchi :) The amount of sales is not related with the quality. Also I did not say bad, but average FPS. Check your vocabulary, because bad is unlike average, and average is unlike great. Do you claim Overwatch is a bad game? Because I do not.
    Also see Apple.
    Samsung sells more phones. So is Samsung making better phones? Another example - do you know what company makes the best monitors? The name is Eizo. Many people never heard about it.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    ikcin said:
    Volgore said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    Bad games don't get 25 million players in less than a year, regardless of marketing. Your claim was that they have no idea what to do in the future, but recent releases indicate that they're still doing fine and will likely continue to do so. Your opinion on the quality of their games is irrelevant to their massive success.

    Your statement is delusional. Any product can get popularity with a good advertising. Do you remember things like Tamagotchi :) The amount of sales is not related with the quality. Also I did not say bad, but average FPS. Check your vocabulary, because bad is unlike average, and average is unlike great. Do you claim Overwatch is a bad game? Because I do not.
    Also see Apple.
    Samsung sells more phones. So is Samsung making better phones? Another example - do you know what company makes the best monitors? The name is Eizo. Many people never heard about it.

    Ok, so you say the quality is average, what are your KPI for that? How are you differentiating it between average, bad, and great? 

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,205
    CrazKanuk said:
    ikcin said:
    Volgore said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    Bad games don't get 25 million players in less than a year, regardless of marketing. Your claim was that they have no idea what to do in the future, but recent releases indicate that they're still doing fine and will likely continue to do so. Your opinion on the quality of their games is irrelevant to their massive success.

    Your statement is delusional. Any product can get popularity with a good advertising. Do you remember things like Tamagotchi :) The amount of sales is not related with the quality. Also I did not say bad, but average FPS. Check your vocabulary, because bad is unlike average, and average is unlike great. Do you claim Overwatch is a bad game? Because I do not.
    Also see Apple.
    Samsung sells more phones. So is Samsung making better phones? Another example - do you know what company makes the best monitors? The name is Eizo. Many people never heard about it.

    Ok, so you say the quality is average, what are your KPI for that? How are you differentiating it between average, bad, and great? 
    How Overwatch is better or worse than most other FPS games? There is nothing actually innovative or great about it, but it is well made - average.
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,161
    ikcin said:
    Volgore said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    Bad games don't get 25 million players in less than a year, regardless of marketing. Your claim was that they have no idea what to do in the future, but recent releases indicate that they're still doing fine and will likely continue to do so. Your opinion on the quality of their games is irrelevant to their massive success.

    Your statement is delusional. Any product can get popularity with a good advertising. Do you remember things like Tamagotchi :) The amount of sales is not related with the quality. Also I did not say bad, but average FPS. Check your vocabulary, because bad is unlike average, and average is unlike great. Do you claim Overwatch is a bad game? Because I do not.
    Also see Apple.
    Samsung sells more phones. So is Samsung making better phones? Another example - do you know what company makes the best monitors? The name is Eizo. Many people never heard about it.
    Eizo is a weird one to bring up.. it isn't really a general consumer brand. Eizo is overpriced and the very minute differences between it and competitors only matters to those whos professions rely on that difference.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,511
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:
    WoW is a trap for the MMORPG industry and the Blizzard themselves. It became so big, due to many reasons, most of them was not related to the quality of the gameplay. Now Blizzard is like Nokia before the iPhone - a huge company, with many great products in the past, and without any clue what to do in the future. The Titan project made that obvious.
    Their great products from the past are doing just fine in the present. They've had massive success with recent releases as well, Overwatch is huge. The cancellation of one project isn't exactly an indication that they have no clue what to do in the future. I'd say they have a pretty good handle on the formula for success.
    Good call. That cancelled project just turned into something else that is currently dominating the genre its in, so I dont think they are hurting too much. As for the future, its the future. In the gaming industry in general, no one can tell how any game is going to do mainly because the market is becoming more and more over saturated.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    ikcin said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    ikcin said:
    Volgore said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    Bad games don't get 25 million players in less than a year, regardless of marketing. Your claim was that they have no idea what to do in the future, but recent releases indicate that they're still doing fine and will likely continue to do so. Your opinion on the quality of their games is irrelevant to their massive success.

    Your statement is delusional. Any product can get popularity with a good advertising. Do you remember things like Tamagotchi :) The amount of sales is not related with the quality. Also I did not say bad, but average FPS. Check your vocabulary, because bad is unlike average, and average is unlike great. Do you claim Overwatch is a bad game? Because I do not.
    Also see Apple.
    Samsung sells more phones. So is Samsung making better phones? Another example - do you know what company makes the best monitors? The name is Eizo. Many people never heard about it.

    Ok, so you say the quality is average, what are your KPI for that? How are you differentiating it between average, bad, and great? 
    How Overwatch is better or worse than most other FPS games? There is nothing actually innovative or great about it, but it is well made - average.

    So your measurement which carries the most weight is innovation? Cool, just wanted to see where you were coming from. So what's the best of all time for you? 

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,205
    edited February 2017
    Aori said:
    Eizo is a weird one to bring up.. it isn't really a general consumer brand. Eizo is overpriced and the very minute differences between it and competitors only matters to those whos professions rely on that difference.
    It is about the best product, isn't it? I say the number of the sales of Blizzard do not mean their games are the best - something obvious. Have no idea what you are saying.
    CrazKanuk said:

    So your measurement which carries the most weight is innovation? Cool, just wanted to see where you were coming from. So what's the best of all time for you? 
    Well, to call a game great, or any product, there should be something great and different from all other products - it is obvious. If it is well made - it is just average.
  • ThaneThane Member RarePosts: 3,433
    edited February 2017
    basically the main complain here is that WoW is singleplayer?

    so, how many of you completed the raids yet? and no, i don't mean LFR, but if you play games on easy, that is fine too i guess.
    don't complain it's too easy tho and that you can do everything alone.

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,161
    Thane said:
    basically the main complain here is that WoW is singleplayer?

    so, how many of you completed the raids yet? and no, i don't mean LFR, but if you play games on easy, that is fine too i guess.
    don't complain it's too easy tho and that you can do everything alone.
    Raiding in WoW is easy, finding x amount of non derps is the hardest part and always has been. With how advanced addons are nowadays, I don't know how anyone fails at raiding, I just don't get it. All you have to do is follow on screen prompts and collect loot.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    ikcin said:
    Forgrimm said:
    ikcin said:

    Well, I still keep an old Nokia phone somewhere around, and I think it is working fine ;) As for the Overwatch, it is just an average FPS.

    Yup, an average FPS with 25 million registered players..
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    What are you talking about?  Overwatch is the best game ever created with best content voted best everything with best players and best company with best servers and best socks with the best hairdoes and best guns and best controls and best......best best best



    just look how awesome the game is.   
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,205
    filmoret said:
    ikcin said:
    As a quality of gameplay it is an average FPS. But it is a product with very good advertising and marketing. Blizzard has a proven and successful marketing models. They just do not make great games anymore.
    What are you talking about?  Overwatch is the best game ever created with best content voted best everything with best players and best company with best servers and best socks with the best hairdoes and best guns and best controls and best......best best best



    just look how awesome the game is.   
    OK, after I watched that video I agree, this is the best game ever made. The graphics are better even than WoW and we all know WoW has the best graphics ever. Amazing!
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member UncommonPosts: 1,472
    300 seems about average for a "Tripple A MMO" game.
    IIRC Warframe has about 170-200, FFXIV is also 300ish

    I wonder how many actively work on the bigger earners in the East.

    I might give it a go after Holinka and Ian leave the team. Although I heard Blizzard after 10,000 years have learned their lesson about public testing. Aka, don't open your raids to public testing if you want some semblance of challenge. The first few months of legion were hot shit, what other option was there than to drop it.

    Personally I miss Warhammer Online, even if it was the textbook example of poor balance and broken promises. Their healer class designs were way ahead of their times. Too ambitious, too few resources, too little time.

    Currently I'm messing around on FFXIV, while the combat system is as boring as wow, with extra layers of convoluted rotations that exist only to imitate complexity and intricacy, everything else is pretty good. It's most definitely a much more casual game in comparison, but I never went into with an expectation of anything more. However I do believe that the over pampering of the casual crowd is going to be the game's downfall.

    I wish I gigabit fiber and the ability to understand Japanese so I could enjoy DDON, but having the redownload the game every single hotfix and the English Patch breaking simultaneously was not tolerable. Seemed fun for the few days that I played.

    Finally as for Overwatch, "MOBAs" exist for people with simple taste and fragile egos.

    P.S. Lobo, you make some shit thread m8, keep it up.
Sign In or Register to comment.