Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Costs Recouped After 320k Units Sold for Early Access - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

1235»

Comments

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    edited February 2017
    Ozmodan said:
    Grakulen said:
    This is why people won't stop trying to sell EA games.
    Maybe you shouldn't worry what other people do with their money.  If people want to spend $30 and gets 100s of hours of entertainment they sure as hell don't need your permission.  People like you are why gamers get a bad rap sometimes. 
    If you can get that many hours out of this game sounds to me like you are beating a dead horse.  I could not get beyond a couple hours before deleting it.
    Really?  So you explored all the dungeons?  Crafted all the items?  Built a massive fortress?  Teamed up with your clan to go take down another's clans buildings? Summons all the gods?  You did all of that in "a couple hours"?

Just because you may be one of these entitled needy instant gratification gamers doesn't mean everyone else is...you go enjoy your give me my reward right now games others will enjoy all this game has to offer. 
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    tom_gore said:

Spiider said:

Bring over 200 per server and you can count me in those 320k or more. Until you do I'll be on the sideline.

They're glad to be able to run 20 people smoothly at the moment, so it's a long way there, if they ever get there at all.
    A large part of the problem with the low amount of people per servers was largely on ping perfect who didn't have the bandwidth or seemingly the hardware to handle funcoms demands on each server. It is most definitely the service providers fault and not funcom's as we were able to run 46 people on a private server for a good long while. They are tweaking things still and most of the updates at the moment are heavily targeting server related things and trying to minimize network congestion that this or that starts. I think once they iron out a new partner for servers (they have a better bargaining point at the moment) they will be in a bit better of a spot. 

I do hope they get linux server files going at some point soon. Windows based private servers end up costing much more if you get an actual dedicated server...
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Ozmodan said:
    Grakulen said:
    Maybe you shouldn't worry what other people do with their money.  If people want to spend $30 and gets 100s of hours of entertainment they sure as hell don't need your permission.  People like you are why gamers get a bad rap sometimes. 
    If you can get that many hours out of this game sounds to me like you are beating a dead horse.  I could not get beyond a couple hours before deleting it.
    Considering you bemoaned the idea of meeting people who run servers as well as bemoaned an alpha barely out of it's first week of early access for being a "half baked game". None of what you're saying comes as a surprise. You don't seem to get the point of the type of game, which is more or less about creating your own experience in an open world setting (with friends or without), nor the concept of early access in general. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    edited February 2017
    Ozmodan said:
    Grakulen said:
    Well I don't know about 100's of hours but I think I have 20 about now and purposefully didn't log in last night as I knew I'd easily add several more and wanted time for other things.

I think it really depends on what one is looking for in this game at this point in its development.

Then again I have over 1,300 hours in Skyrim and still playing so maybe one is capable of 100's of hours in this game if it satisfies a particular player's gaming needs.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I'm loving being back in Hyboria, the very first survival game I've ever been interested in. Keep up the great work!
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

It will sell millions when it gets on console.

Yup this is fact, mmo's on consoles are coining it in. This is also where Wildstar should put there game.

Some people on here mad because they predicted the game wrong.

• therdretherdre Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Good for them, but I'll wait till the game is actually functional (full release) in 3-5 years before buying.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,812
    So, what you are basically saying is that Conan Exiles is one of the only Steam Early Access survival titles with a budget higher than 20 bucks and a back alley handjob.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I wish them luck as long as they dont do a paid expansion while still in EA, unlike some other survival game...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Shaigh said:
    The thing about survival sandboxes on steam early access is that they enter early access during early alpha and just never seem to finish. DayZ, project zomboid, 7 days to die, rust, the long dark, the forest, Stranded deep, Subnautica, H1Z1, Ark: survival evolved just to name the more popular ones that have been around for quite some time now.

The crazy part in all this is that funcom spent so much time and effort in making the secret world and only sold 300k copies during the first month and a survival sandbox in early alpha manages to sell more copies in less than a week.

People love to talk about how you vote with your wallet and if anything this shows that both Daybreak and Funcom did the right call when they stopped making mmorpg.

There are reasons why they are in early access for so long (in terms of DayZ they have less of an excuse) development from alpha doesn't just get finished at the snap of your fingers. It takes time and a lot of fleshing out. Game development is a longer process than a lot of people want to act like it is.
    As soon as one if these is finished I'll be giving the survival genre a try.

I think you are giving these folks too much leeway when the post EA period exceeds several years.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Kyleran said:
    Shaigh said:
    The thing about survival sandboxes on steam early access is that they enter early access during early alpha and just never seem to finish. DayZ, project zomboid, 7 days to die, rust, the long dark, the forest, Stranded deep, Subnautica, H1Z1, Ark: survival evolved just to name the more popular ones that have been around for quite some time now.

The crazy part in all this is that funcom spent so much time and effort in making the secret world and only sold 300k copies during the first month and a survival sandbox in early alpha manages to sell more copies in less than a week.

People love to talk about how you vote with your wallet and if anything this shows that both Daybreak and Funcom did the right call when they stopped making mmorpg.

There are reasons why they are in early access for so long (in terms of DayZ they have less of an excuse) development from alpha doesn't just get finished at the snap of your fingers. It takes time and a lot of fleshing out. Game development is a longer process than a lot of people want to act like it is.
    As soon as one if these is finished I'll be giving the survival genre a try.

I think you are giving these folks too much leeway when the post EA period exceeds several years.
    There is no "leeway" most people who get an EA like Conan Exiles are fully aware what they are getting.  If you pay $30 and the EA  last "several years" but you maintain access the entire time what is the issue?  

I can understand why some people don't like EA but clearly a lot of people are on board with the idea and there is nothing wrong with that.  There are a lot of people trying to convince those who like EA they are wrong and somehow causing them pain or something which is completely out of line.