Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Costs Recouped After 320k Units Sold for Early Access - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

Comments

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,634
    laserit said:
    exile01 said:
    So, 320k people paid full price for an unfinished early beta game.
    Is $30 full price for a game now?

I sure wish it was.
    Well unless they plan to sell the game with a higher price tag once it releases as a finished product, it is a full price.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,745
    I dunno. I certainly didn't pay 30. And while there are some bugs, I'm having fun as hell. In fact, I got a house deep into enemy territory. It's awesome. To those talking about 200 man servers, have you actually played the game? 200 man servers means nothing would be unpopulated. That's ridiculous.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,157
    laserit said:
    exile01 said:
    Is $30 full price for a game now?

I sure wish it was.
    Well unless they plan to sell the game with a higher price tag once it releases as a finished product, it is a full price.
    Most complete games I see, pretty much cost $60. This game is a bargain at $30, even if it is an unfinished early beta game.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,946
    Pretty good and look they didn't even have to go full retard with 150$ founder packs!

Good Job!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,970
    Ikeda said:
    I dunno. I certainly didn't pay 30. And while there are some bugs, I'm having fun as hell. In fact, I got a house deep into enemy territory. It's awesome. To those talking about 200 man servers, have you actually played the game? 200 man servers means nothing would be unpopulated. That's ridiculous.
    So the world is pretty small then?

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    exile01 said:
    Are you expecting these 320k to check in with you before they make a purchase? 
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,125
    Ikeda said:
    Ikeda I sent you a PM asking where you bought the game for $22.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,070
    Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    It's a small map but you are on foot and there are dangers about to slow you down.

Maybe they'll add more land but 200 might be a bit much.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,713
    Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    It is for now. But I heard someone say that they plan to add a LOT more land over the next twelve months.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

edited February 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    I wouldn't call it small, its looks that way when you look at the map. But when you start walking around it's quite a distance.

The map is probably around the size of Cyrodiil in ESO.

If 200 people all had their own buildings I would definitely be in agreement with Ikeda 

laserit said:

If 200 people all had their own buildings I would definitely be in agreement with Ikeda 
    Especially the thing I'm building.

A good quality temple of Set needs its space!

Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    It is for now. But I heard someone say that they plan to add a LOT more land over the next twelve months.
    Well it's kinda small when you are on a private server and turn run speed up to 50x multiplier...then you hit the green wall and die :)
    edited February 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    Well it's kinda small when you are on a private server and turn run speed up to 50x multiplier...then you hit the green wall and die :)
    Oh yeah that thing. I came up to it and thought it looked rather star trek. I was going to touch it but thought better of it. "What good could come from touching the star trek looking green wall" I said.
    Post edited by Sovrath on

Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    Oh yeah that thing. I came up to it and thought it looked rather star trek. I was going to touch it but thought better of it. "What could could come from touching the star trek looking green wall" I said.
    Instant death...that's what happens glad I learned on my private server where I don't lose all my stuff...
    I've got a dedicated server showing up on Steam under LAN

How do I get it to show up on the net?

Help me look smart before I ask my IT guy ;)

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,745
    edited February 2017
    Uhhhh 24 bucks, not 22 bucks.  GMG.  

Yea, I've run my nekid body back and forth.  There's a couple of awesome things to find (I won't spoil them) but for the most part I can run east west  in about the time it took to run from Goldshire (or maybe Red Ridge zone line) to the Deadmines.  Time wise.  Because you can't sprint constant, maybe a little more.  If you were mounted this thing would be tiny.  BUT you also have mobs to take into account so rarely can you run in a straight line.

I'd be curious if someone measured it.  Right now I've got a 5 story building and my first thrall came out to be placed this morning.  I'm in the middle of 4 camps, 2 larger dungeons and quite a few caves.

Either way, we've got about 10 people on our server and I frowned the other day because someone popped their house down the way from me.  Not to sound mean but I really wanted to take a steel warhammer to it.  :P

If you do walk up to the wall, you get a nice video.
    Oh okay thanks I found the 24 deal too but I read one of your posts that said 22 so me the cheapskate had to confirm.

Ikeda said:
    Uhhhh 24 bucks, not 22 bucks.  GMG.  

Yea, I've run my nekid body back and forth.  There's a couple of awesome things to find (I won't spoil them) but for the most part I can run east west  in about the time it took to run from Goldshire to the Deadmines.  Time wise.  Because you can't sprint constant, maybe a little more.  If you were mounted this thing would be tiny.  BUT you also have mobs to take into account so rarely can you run in a straight line.

I'd be curious if someone measured it.  Right now I've got a 5 story building and my first thrall came out to be placed this morning.  I'm in the middle of 4 camps, 2 larger dungeons and quite a few caves.

Either way, we've got about 10 people on our server and I frowned the other day because someone popped their house down the way from me.  Not to sound mean but I really wanted to take a steel warhammer to it.  :P
    Maybe its time for some PvP ;)

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,634
    Sovrath said:
    laserit said:

Especially the thing I'm building.

A good quality temple of Set needs its space!
    Throw us a screenshot of your temple.
    Screenshot screenshot .....would love to see it too.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 893
    This is why people won't stop trying to sell EA games.
  • XodicXodic Member EpicPosts: 985
    It's hard to believe a Conan mod for Ark cost $7mil using the Unreal Engine. I would love to be a Funcom corporate auditor for a day.

Line item 1: dong physics testing $1,134,400.00

What else do you think is on the books?
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 798
    Grakulen said:
    Possibly that's true.  I think Funcom has a bigger fanbase that they've grown past the Age of Conan launch that people might not be aware of.  Secret World and Age of Conan both have turned around and made a profit.  In fact Funcom itself has seen substantial growth lately.  That's a quite a bit different from the days of them almost going bankrupt and losing everything.  It makes them an underdog and a lot of people love rooting (and supporting) them.

I think that might have been part of the incentive for people to check the game out.  I've also heard surprisingly positive things about the game that could be summed up as the best survival EA game to release in its initial state.  Now considering how disastrous EA releases have been, that doesn't say much.  On second thought, perhaps it says quite a bit.

• VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,786
    edited February 2017
    Now Funcom can abandon the development and they've made profit out of game that's currently shit.

I'm happy that Funcom is doing well, but early access is too popular when games don't need to be good to make a profit.

Grakulen said:
    Maybe you shouldn't worry what other people do with their money.  If people want to spend $30 and gets 100s of hours of entertainment they sure as hell don't need your permission.  People like you are why gamers get a bad rap sometimes.