Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Costs Recouped After 320k Units Sold for Early Access - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,378
    Pretty good and look they didn't even have to go full retard with 150$ founder packs!

Good Job!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Ikeda said:
    I dunno. I certainly didn't pay 30. And while there are some bugs, I'm having fun as hell. In fact, I got a house deep into enemy territory. It's awesome. To those talking about 200 man servers, have you actually played the game? 200 man servers means nothing would be unpopulated. That's ridiculous.
    So the world is pretty small then?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    exile01 said:
    So, 320k people paid full price for an unfinished early beta game.
    Are you expecting these 320k to check in with you before they make a purchase? 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    Ikeda said:
    I dunno. I certainly didn't pay 30. And while there are some bugs, I'm having fun as hell. In fact, I got a house deep into enemy territory. It's awesome. To those talking about 200 man servers, have you actually played the game? 200 man servers means nothing would be unpopulated. That's ridiculous.
    Ikeda I sent you a PM asking where you bought the game for $22.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    It's a small map but you are on foot and there are dangers about to slow you down.

Maybe they'll add more land but 200 might be a bit much.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    It is for now. But I heard someone say that they plan to add a LOT more land over the next twelve months.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited February 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    I wouldn't call it small, its looks that way when you look at the map. But when you start walking around it's quite a distance.

The map is probably around the size of Cyrodiil in ESO.

If 200 people all had their own buildings I would definitely be in agreement with Ikeda 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:

If 200 people all had their own buildings I would definitely be in agreement with Ikeda 
    Especially the thing I'm building.

A good quality temple of Set needs its space!

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    It is for now. But I heard someone say that they plan to add a LOT more land over the next twelve months.
    Well it's kinda small when you are on a private server and turn run speed up to 50x multiplier...then you hit the green wall and die :)
    edited February 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    Well it's kinda small when you are on a private server and turn run speed up to 50x multiplier...then you hit the green wall and die :)
    Oh yeah that thing. I came up to it and thought it looked rather star trek. I was going to touch it but thought better of it. "What good could come from touching the star trek looking green wall" I said.
    Post edited by Sovrath on

Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ikeda said:
    Oh yeah that thing. I came up to it and thought it looked rather star trek. I was going to touch it but thought better of it. "What could could come from touching the star trek looking green wall" I said.
    Instant death...that's what happens glad I learned on my private server where I don't lose all my stuff...
    I've got a dedicated server showing up on Steam under LAN

How do I get it to show up on the net?

Help me look smart before I ask my IT guy ;)

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    edited February 2017
    Uhhhh 24 bucks, not 22 bucks.  GMG.  

Yea, I've run my nekid body back and forth.  There's a couple of awesome things to find (I won't spoil them) but for the most part I can run east west  in about the time it took to run from Goldshire (or maybe Red Ridge zone line) to the Deadmines.  Time wise.  Because you can't sprint constant, maybe a little more.  If you were mounted this thing would be tiny.  BUT you also have mobs to take into account so rarely can you run in a straight line.

I'd be curious if someone measured it.  Right now I've got a 5 story building and my first thrall came out to be placed this morning.  I'm in the middle of 4 camps, 2 larger dungeons and quite a few caves.

Either way, we've got about 10 people on our server and I frowned the other day because someone popped their house down the way from me.  Not to sound mean but I really wanted to take a steel warhammer to it.  :P

If you do walk up to the wall, you get a nice video.
    Oh okay thanks I found the 24 deal too but I read one of your posts that said 22 so me the cheapskate had to confirm.

Ikeda said:
    Uhhhh 24 bucks, not 22 bucks.  GMG.  

Yea, I've run my nekid body back and forth.  There's a couple of awesome things to find (I won't spoil them) but for the most part I can run east west  in about the time it took to run from Goldshire to the Deadmines.  Time wise.  Because you can't sprint constant, maybe a little more.  If you were mounted this thing would be tiny.  BUT you also have mobs to take into account so rarely can you run in a straight line.

I'd be curious if someone measured it.  Right now I've got a 5 story building and my first thrall came out to be placed this morning.  I'm in the middle of 4 camps, 2 larger dungeons and quite a few caves.

Either way, we've got about 10 people on our server and I frowned the other day because someone popped their house down the way from me.  Not to sound mean but I really wanted to take a steel warhammer to it.  :P
    Maybe its time for some PvP ;)

Screenshot screenshot .....would love to see it too.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    This is why people won't stop trying to sell EA games.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Grakulen said:
    Possibly that's true.  I think Funcom has a bigger fanbase that they've grown past the Age of Conan launch that people might not be aware of.  Secret World and Age of Conan both have turned around and made a profit.  In fact Funcom itself has seen substantial growth lately.  That's a quite a bit different from the days of them almost going bankrupt and losing everything.  It makes them an underdog and a lot of people love rooting (and supporting) them.

I think that might have been part of the incentive for people to check the game out.  I've also heard surprisingly positive things about the game that could be summed up as the best survival EA game to release in its initial state.  Now considering how disastrous EA releases have been, that doesn't say much.  On second thought, perhaps it says quite a bit.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    edited February 2017
    Now Funcom can abandon the development and they've made profit out of game that's currently shit.

I'm happy that Funcom is doing well, but early access is too popular when games don't need to be good to make a profit.

Grakulen said:
    Maybe you shouldn't worry what other people do with their money.  If people want to spend $30 and gets 100s of hours of entertainment they sure as hell don't need your permission.  People like you are why gamers get a bad rap sometimes. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Grakulen said:
        Well if you step in your time machine , and go back say 6 years , on this very site , you would find many people screaming that they would pay to beta , That they would love to chance to pay and get in ealry , and now they have it ,.. the irony is now some people piss about it ... The industry gave players what they asked for ....But i digress..

Lets also keep in mind here that Funcom also secured 15 Million thru a private investor last August(i believe it was ) To help fund there projects , and they Also put 6 million more shares up for public to buy last fall , I was able to buy into that at a discount , before those shares went public , as i already was invested  ... But .. great News for them and the Investors.. And for the gaming community , Funcom never gives up and delivers some of the most unique and interesting worlds for us to play in ...

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Grakulen said:
    I don't like EA games.  BUT I see their purpose.  That being said, I wish there was an accepted timeline for the process.  For example, you can't put your game into EA unless you have a release time within 6 months.  These perpetual EA games ruin it for everyone.  EA should be something akin to Beta where it's ready to run but you need to get last minute bugs and whatnot figured out.
    My comment wasn't passing judgement either way. Only stating the obvious. 
    Grakulen said:
    Maybe you shouldn't worry what other people do with their money.  If people want to spend $30 and gets 100s of hours of entertainment they sure as hell don't need your permission.  People like you are why gamers get a bad rap sometimes. 
    See my previous reply.
    Ikeda said:
    Grakulen said:
    I don't like EA games.  BUT I see their purpose.  That being said, I wish there was an accepted timeline for the process.  For example, you can't put your game into EA unless you have a release time within 6 months.  These perpetual EA games ruin it for everyone.  EA should be something akin to Beta where it's ready to run but you need to get last minute bugs and whatnot figured out.
    What I don't like is when they should be killed and they just whither on the vine and suck every last penny they can. If it's a failure kill it and move on. It's the humane thing to do.