Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super Bowl Commercial Touts Morrowind Expansion - Elder Scrolls Online Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageSuper Bowl Commercial Touts Morrowind Expansion - Elder Scrolls Online Videos - MMORPG.com

During yesterday's Super Bowl, Bethesda and Zenimax showed off Elder Scrolls Online and the upcoming Morrowind expansion coming in June.

Read the full story here

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Everyone should be alerted of the bad quality, when most money goes to marketing.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Don't worry about hiring quality developers that can address the layered cake that is ESO's code post-launch and actually take the game somewhere. As long as there's a pretty CGI trailer that has nothing to do with the game there's no worries!
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Good to see they are doing well enough that they can afford both a blur trailer and a TV spot on the Superbowl. Not really surprising though considering how successful the game has been. 
  • Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Blizz does it and everyone raves about how awesome it looks. ZOS does it and everyone cries because that's not what the game looks like...
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Blizz does it and everyone raves about how awesome it looks. ZOS does it and everyone cries because that's not what the game looks like...

Ahhh, no fair, poor ZOS and it's loyal followers not getting the respect they deserve lol.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Jesus why do they waste money on that? As if anyone there who doesnt already know of the game starts to play because of it....wrong crowd, huge waste of money....maybe that platform would work for cod or stng like it
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023

Celcius said:

Good to see they are doing well enough that they can afford both a blur trailer and a TV spot on the Superbowl. Not really surprising though considering how successful the game has been. 

What is said is that the trailer ws quite uninspired and boring to the most part...

Celcius said:

What is said is that the trailer ws quite uninspired and boring to the most part...
    Yeah, the trailer is pretty lacking I think as well. 
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630

Celcius said:

Nevermind ESO. Guess you missed the "World Of Tanks" and "Royal Envoy" (mobile game) ones? I was actually asking myself how can these games afford Super Bowl time???
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Celcius said:

Celcius said:

Yeah, the trailer is pretty lacking I think as well. 
    It's a freaking trailer people...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Benbrada said:

Celcius said:

Nevermind ESO. Guess you missed the "World Of Tanks" and "Royal Envoy" (mobile game) ones? I was actually asking myself how can these games afford Super Bowl time???
    I think the other one was for Evony. But yeah, I was surprised to see those games running Super Bowl commercials.
    edited February 2017
    World of Tanks is IMMENSELY popular and makes oodles of money in Russia. They bring actual tanks to most cons,so that doesn't really surprise me at all. I don't have any clue about Royal Envoy, however. 
  • CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Hey at least this wasn't one of the garbage "political correctness" commercials that were jammed down everyone's throats last night...sad state we are in when you can't watch a football game without the SJW jamming their PC crap. 
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I'm excited for the expansion, but won't be playing until end of summer/fall.

Summer is not for gaming!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

well sadly this site has become anti-eso over time lol. then again most of the people on here just enjoy being negative.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    jircris said:

well sadly this site has become anti-eso over time lol. then again most of the people on here just enjoy being negative.

When it is popular it is cool to hate on.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Celcius said:

Agreed.  Super generic, no discernable narrative, and nothing about it reminded me of Morrowind.

But it's not surprising, the game is also completely uninspired and generic.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364

DMKano said:

Blizzard simply has a much bigger fanbase.

also blizzards cgi is better

plus blizzard has $$$ to throw at marketing w/o issues
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

Horusra said:

jircris said:

When it is popular it is cool to hate on.

so true XD, personally i love eso because it keeps me entertained

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

ESO being B2P don't they need to keep the player churn going?  So don't they need marketing?
    Forgrimm said:
    Benbrada said:

Celcius said:

I think the other one was for Evony. But yeah, I was surprised to see those games running Super Bowl commercials.
    Also Mobile Strike. I don't think people understand how much money companies such as BigFishGames, Wargaming, and Machine Zone are pulling in on a monthly basis. Its double digit millions. Even with all their new monetization strategies I doubt Zenimax is making anywhere near that much. So since a 30 second ad is estimated to cost 5 to 5.5 million I'm not sure that was money well spent for Zenimax.

Zenimax owns multiple studios; Bethesda, Arkane, Tango gameworks, Machine games, ID, as well as ZOS. I don't think they're hurting for any cash. They also just won a huge lawsuit that essentially makes that ad's cost look like pocket change.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    the mmorpg community kills mmorpg's...  mmorpg'ers are like humans
    Distopia said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Benbrada said:

Celcius said:

Also Mobile Strike. I don't think people understand how much money companies such as BigFishGames, Wargaming, and Machine Zone are pulling in on a monthly basis. Its double digit millions. Even with all their new monetization strategies I doubt Zenimax is making anywhere near that much. So since a 30 second ad is estimated to cost 5 to 5.5 million I'm not sure that was money well spent for Zenimax.

Zenimax owns multiple studios; Bethesda, Arkane, Tango gameworks, Machine games, ID, as well as ZOS. I don't think they're hurting for any cash. They also just won a huge lawsuit that essentially makes that ad's cost look like pocket change.

I would think buying the spot cost them the $
    Horusra said:
    Distopia said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Benbrada said:

Celcius said:

I would think buying the spot cost them the $
    Sure, I don't think it's breaking their bank though. I also don't think throwing that out there in front of a superbowl audience is a waste, at least to them, otherwise why would they do it?

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I think it is great it is a very good place to advertise. Lots watch the Superbowl and it is a good opportunity to show ESO.
    Chamber of Chains