Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are the first impressions or reviews?

13»

Comments

• MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 2,946
    I've not tried CE, but a friend of mine has it.  I'll probably go visit him and have a look-see in a couple of weeks.

His early report wasn't good.  There were a lot of issues with crafting (that's his thing), and some that were nearly game-breaking -- item duplication, crafted items disappearing, that type of thing.  His initial report was that the multiplayer was totally toxic, so much so that he switched on server mode and is running a Solo Online game.  I wonder how many of the people responding and commenting on this site are in single player mode as opposed to a multiplayer server.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Mendel said:
    I've not tried CE, but a friend of mine has it.  I'll probably go visit him and have a look-see in a couple of weeks.

His early report wasn't good.  There were a lot of issues with crafting (that's his thing), and some that were nearly game-breaking -- item duplication, crafted items disappearing, that type of thing.  His initial report was that the multiplayer was totally toxic, so much so that he switched on server mode and is running a Solo Online game.  I wonder how many of the people responding and commenting on this site are in single player mode as opposed to a multiplayer server.

Well of course multiplayer is going to be 'toxic'... it's an online PvP game.  People are going to kill each other and be dicks about it.  What was your buddy expecting?
    Griffbane
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,147
    edited May 2017
    This has been my experience with the game

laxieultimateduckGriffbane
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member UncommonPosts: 151
    I am pretty disappointed in this game.  I was kind of expecting a large, perpetual, open world.  Instead, all I see are a bunch of small servers, owned by someone, with a max of ~30 people.  There is no large, perpetual, open world. 

I'm sure I missed something where this was explained, but that doesn't remove my overall disappointment.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,447
    I am pretty disappointed in this game.  I was kind of expecting a large, perpetual, open world.  Instead, all I see are a bunch of small servers, owned by someone, with a max of ~30 people.  There is no large, perpetual, open world. 

I'm sure I missed something where this was explained, but that doesn't remove my overall disappointment.
    Long ago and far away I lived in the "other" Erie (PA).  :)

I've pretty much given up on this one and am following the progress of D & L

ultimateduck

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 337
    I find it interesting in the description for this game is "You are an exile, one of thousands cast out to fend for themselves in a barbaric wasteland swept in sandstorms and besieged by enemies on every side."

Then you read from a forum poster "I was kind of expecting a large, perpetual, open world.  Instead, all I see are a bunch of small servers, owned by someone, with a max of ~30 people.  There is no large, perpetual, open world."  

So, why doesn't the description as "one of thousands" match the reality of the "one of thirty"? Answer: Funcom. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,584
    SBE1 said:
    I find it interesting in the description for this game is "You are an exile, one of thousands cast out to fend for themselves in a barbaric wasteland swept in sandstorms and besieged by enemies on every side."

Then you read from a forum poster "I was kind of expecting a large, perpetual, open world.  Instead, all I see are a bunch of small servers, owned by someone, with a max of ~30 people.  There is no large, perpetual, open world."  

So, why doesn't the description as "one of thousands" match the reality of the "one of thirty"? Answer: Funcom. 
    Publicity dept vs the actual game.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey