Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Return to Morrowind on June 6th - New Zone, New Class & More - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Needless to say I am excited. Well worth the money. Very impressed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    The official term they're using is Chapter, because of the whole GW1 thing I mentioned earlier. But yeah, I pre-ordered the CE on Amazon, came to $79.99 with Prime. I can't wait. I hope there's one more DLC between Housing and this though. I get to go see Morrowind in just two weeks.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited February 2017
    Iselin said:
    Distopia said:
    DLC or Expansion. Does not really matter what label you put on it. It is new content.
    Dying Light The Following is an expansion of the base game but many just call it DLC.
    I think all this posturing over a label is silly.
    Yeah as long as you can sub to get the new stuff, it's no different to me than anything in the past.
    But you can't lol... that's the whole point of calling it an expansion and not a DLC.
    My bad then, still I doubt the price will be an issue for most. As I said the price probably has more to do with the new class, and new game modes, hence expansion.  Most expansions lock new classes/modes and stuff like that behind the paywall. Hell in AOC they locked the expansion behind two paywalls for F2P players. Buying the expansion didn't matter at all, you had to sub to use the race and areas. Seems rather par for the course in the industry.  You're judging the entire thing on the number of quest hours...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited February 2017

DLC or Expansion. Does not really matter what label you put on it. It is new content.
    Dying Light The Following is an expansion of the base game but many just call it DLC.

It is actually stupid. Peoples e-peen getting in the way. Either you buy it or you don't. None cares. Both sides need to shut up already.... It's a XXXXing game. I am sure by arguing over this will make you successful in life....it only represents immaturity.
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    The official term they're using is Chapter, because of the whole GW1 thing I mentioned earlier. But yeah, I pre-ordered the CE on Amazon, came to $79.99 with Prime. I can't wait. I hope there's one more DLC between Housing and this though. I get to go see Morrowind in just two weeks.
    Just did the same order.  79.99 on Amazon.  Well worth it for me. I still have my pewter Ordinator sitting on my desk shelf from 2002.  I don't care what they call it,  DLC or expansion,  because it will epic. 
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305
    Was almost exciting and then you see its just repackaged reused same old content...I mean how many times am I going to fight the mechanical spiders...40 bucks to kill the same old stuff for the same old rewards but in a slightly modified landscape....yawn, these developers just don't get it and can't help but dish out cheap money grabs disguised as "new content".
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited February 2017
    Distopia said:
    Iselin said:
    Distopia said:
    Yeah as long as you can sub to get the new stuff, it's no different to me than anything in the past.
    But you can't lol... that's the whole point of calling it an expansion and not a DLC.
    My bad then, still I doubt the price will be an issue for most. As I said the price probably has more to do with the new class, and new game modes, hence expansion.  Most expansions lock new classes/modes and stuff like that behind the paywall. Hell in AOC they locked the expansion behind two paywalls for F2P players. Buying the expansion didn't matter at all, you had to sub to use the race and areas. Seems rather par for the course in the industry. 
    As I already said elsewhere, it's hard to compare what ESO calls what with what other games call it because ESO already set their own standard with their own unique type of B2P + DLC. Each DLC that has come up to now with the exception of the Shadows of the Hist that didn't add a new area has added significant content to the game: Orsinium + Malestrom Arena, Thieve's Guild + a zone, Dark Brotherhood + a zone, etc. It's their standard, not mine that set the expectations of what an ESO DLC looks like. And the difference between Morrowind and previous ones is minimal.

Even a new class in ESO really isn't such a big deal because ESO is a hybrid class/classless design. The warden was a closed beta 5th class that got dropped along the way because it was underperforming compared to the other 4 and was too similar to the Templar - just nature based instead of divine. A lot of us would actually rather have a full classless design in ESO rather than a 5th or 6th one.

And the battle arenas have always been talked about as an upcoming base game addition. Sticking it here just looks like filler to beef this DLC up into plausible expansion territory.

I fully expected that ESO would have an expansion sooner or later. But I always thought that would be 2 or 3 more zones, 4 or 6 more group dungeons (there are none included with this one oddly enough) ++. This is just too thin to be called one, again, judging by the standards they set themselves.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    ice and bear pet ? i dont like TESO but grrrr , i love morrowind and pet classes , hoping warden is FUN! ,and not like Sorc pets at all
    Grakulen said:

Iselin said:

Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Iselin said:

New class should be available for everyone.

But no, it won't be.

The Warden comes with Morrowind and is not part of the base game. Only those that own Morrowind will be able to create a Warden.

I am aware of the posted writing. Yet it does not change my opinion that I believe all owners of the game should have access to the new class.

No disagreement from me. Same with new 4v4v4 battlegrounds. That will also be a Morrowind-only exclusive.

Hey they had to find enough to throw in there to sell the idea that this is an expansion and not a DLC :)

You're hilariously mad about this.

To the point of completely missing everything and just being blinded by rage.

Morrowind is most definitely a full on expansion. Its double the size of Orsinium, adds a new storyline to the game, adds three 4v4v4 battlegrounds, adds a new way to start off in the game, adds a new class, and adds a new trial.

In literally any other MMO this is an expansion. Actually, this is exactly a World of Warcraft expansion. New class? Check. New area? Check. New endgame? Check. Expansion.

So quit your baseless raging and grow up.

Oh it's double the size now? It just keeps on growing... lol.

I've got a can of special super Pepsi called Pepsi+. I'll let it go for $20... you interested?

Lol kinda funny how that's the only argument you can provide.

You know you're wrong but you're so butthurt you can't admit it.

Look kid, I've been playing ESO and promoting it in this site since before you even knew it was thing. But unlike you, I call them as I see them and don't go all fanboy whiteknight when they need to be called on something.

This is a DLC re-branded as an expansion simply for the extra profit.  

You lost me when you called him Kid.
    Yeah, ok. Personally I would have gotten lost at "quit your baseless raging and grow up" but that's just me.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Iselin said:
    Distopia said:
    Iselin said:
    Distopia said:
    My bad then, still I doubt the price will be an issue for most. As I said the price probably has more to do with the new class, and new game modes, hence expansion.  Most expansions lock new classes/modes and stuff like that behind the paywall. Hell in AOC they locked the expansion behind two paywalls for F2P players. Buying the expansion didn't matter at all, you had to sub to use the race and areas. Seems rather par for the course in the industry. 
    As I already said elsewhere, it's hard to compare what ESO calls what with what other games call it because ESO already set their own standard with their own unique type of B2P + DLC. Each DLC that has come up to now with the exception of the Shadows of the Hist that didn't add a new area has added significant content to the game: Orsinium + Malestrom Arena, Thieve's Guild + a zone, Dark Brotherhood + a zone, etc. It's their standard, not mine that set the expectations of what an ESO DLC looks like. And the difference between Morrowind and previous ones is minimal.

Even a new class in ESO really isn't such a big deal because ESO is a hybrid class/classless design. The warden was a closed beta 5th class that got dropped along the way because it was underperforming compared to the other 4 and was too similar to the Templar - just nature based instead of divine. A lot of us would actually rather have a full classless design in ESO rather than a 5th or 6th one.

And the battle arenas have always been talked about as an upcoming base game addition. Sticking it here just looks like filler to beef this DLC up into plausible expansion territory.

I fully expected that ESO would have an expansion sooner or later. But I always thought that would be 2 or 3 more zones, 4 or 6 more group dungeons (there are none included with this one oddly enough) ++. This is just too thin to be called one, again, judging by the standards they set themselves.

but will the cash from this fund the DLC's for those more zones and dungeons?
    Iselin said:

I'd point out, just about every piece of DLC were recycled ideas they had for base game additions. At the rate they put new content out it would seem to me, they had a significant amount of all of this stuff done previously (at least the frame work of it). 

To me the price and content seems to be the equivalent of a couple DLC's put together, I don't think the base price is too outlandish in that regard as it seems to fall in with the pricing scheme of those dlcs. At least by appearance, who knows at this point whether it's worth it or not? Your expectations are your own though, so what is there to say to that?

Horusra said:
    Iselin said:
    Distopia said:
    Iselin said:
    Distopia said:

but will the cash from this fund the DLC's for those more zones and dungeons?
    Only their accountants know for sure.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Distopia said:
    Iselin said:

I'd point out, just about every piece of DLC were recycled ideas they had for base game additions. At the rate they put new content out it would seem to me, they had a significant amount of all of this stuff done previously (at least the frame work of it). 

To me the price and content seems to be the equivalent of a couple DLC's put together, I don't think the base price is too outlandish in that regard as it seems to fall in with the pricing scheme of those dlcs. At least by appearance, who knows at this point whether it's worth it or not? Your expectations are your own though, so what is there to say to that?
    Oh IDK... you could say for example, that once you set up your business model to be about selling DLC and sell a few of those, to call something an expansion, you'd better make sure there's an obvious and clear distinction between them.

You're seeing an obvious and clear distinction here I gather. I'm not.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Torval said:
    laserit said:
    When you throw ESO's sub model into the picture it becomes a bit more than just a label. It leaves me questioning the value of my ESO sub. Not my problem, I can play without it. I'll save more $ than the price of the expansion by the time its released.

Zenimax's loss, not mine.
    Why is it bad here but it's okay for WoW or FF14 to do it? Why are people so salty? It's not like in WoW or FF14 that screw you for stopping your rent payment? I only bring those up because people like to refer to those as how it should all work financially, yet they're more expensive and demand a higher minimum buy in.

It's a landmass and a new class for $40. Suddenly the entire fanbase that feels entitled to have it given to them how they want get all salty. Seems a little childish.

Xpacs for FF14, for existing users, can cost up to $150. You can get the deluxe upgrade for $60. What other MMO offers a deluxe edition to their players for $60? Most single player AAA titles charge more than that.
    Are FF XIV and WOW in the business of selling DLC? No one forced ESO to set-up the B2P + DLC model. They did that themselves. Once they did it though, they created the onus to go well beyond DLC for Xpacs.

Or does this look similar in size and scope to you as Burning Crusade or WOTLK did?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Torval said:
    laserit said:
    When you throw ESO's sub model into the picture it becomes a bit more than just a label. It leaves me questioning the value of my ESO sub. Not my problem, I can play without it. I'll save more $ than the price of the expansion by the time its released.

Why is it bad here but it's okay for WoW or FF14 to do it? Why are people so salty? It's not like in WoW or FF14 that screw you for stopping your rent payment? I only bring those up because people like to refer to those as how it should all work financially, yet they're more expensive and demand a higher minimum buy in.

It's a landmass and a new class for $40. Suddenly the entire fanbase that feels entitled to have it given to them how they want get all salty. Seems a little childish.

Xpacs for FF14, for existing users, can cost up to $150. You can get the deluxe upgrade for $60. What other MMO offers a deluxe edition to their players for $60? Most single player AAA titles charge more than that.
    I interpret that it mostly falls on the lack of subbing options to get it. Up until this point you could just sub and play whatever addition you wanted to. No need to pay extra.. I agree though it's par for the course of what is in most MMORPG expansions, compared to some you seemingly get more here... 

Gorwe said:
    mmrv said:
    Was almost exciting and then you see its just repackaged reused same old content...I mean how many times am I going to fight the mechanical spiders...40 bucks to kill the same old stuff for the same old rewards but in a slightly modified landscape....yawn, these developers just don't get it and can't help but dish out cheap money grabs disguised as "new content".
    Don't forget the obligatory references and screen flashes to popular places / terms(typical marketing trick). What they are doing is just selling a DLC disguised under the "expansion" moniker, so they could sell it to everyone. And using the emotional reactions of...people to get them to purchase. And seeing this thread, it sadly works. Hint: Just because it has a Morrowind skin and a Morrowind name, doesn't have to mean it'll be anywhere close to Morrowind's level. Morrowind impacted gaming forever. This..."expansion" is just a cheap shot targetted at people's nostalgia and emotions in order to sell. Disgusting. Nobody except ESO players will remember it a year after. Morrowind's remembered AND played FIFTEEN YEARS after its launch!
    Do you really think anyone expects this to rival the nostalgia of Morrowind? 

Torval said:
     - They offered an upgrade path for existing customers. That was thoughtful (see Heart of Thorns).
    They pretty well had to since the Xpac includes the base game and unless another shoe is about to drop, the base game is still not free.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    laserit said:

Are FF XIV and WOW in the business of selling DLC? No one forced ESO to set-up the B2P + DLC model. They did that themselves. Once they did it though, they created the onus to go well beyond DLC for Xpacs.

Or does this look similar in size and scope to you as Burning Crusade or WOTLK did?

no one  forced them assumes the  market did not.
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Super cool

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• SainguinSainguin Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Iselin said:
    Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Iselin said:

But no, it won't be.

The Warden comes with Morrowind and is not part of the base game. Only those that own Morrowind will be able to create a Warden.

I am aware of the posted writing. Yet it does not change my opinion that I believe all owners of the game should have access to the new class.

No disagreement from me. Same with new 4v4v4 battlegrounds. That will also be a Morrowind-only exclusive.

Hey they had to find enough to throw in there to sell the idea that this is an expansion and not a DLC :)

You're hilariously mad about this.

To the point of completely missing everything and just being blinded by rage.

Morrowind is most definitely a full on expansion. Its double the size of Orsinium, adds a new storyline to the game, adds three 4v4v4 battlegrounds, adds a new way to start off in the game, adds a new class, and adds a new trial.

In literally any other MMO this is an expansion. Actually, this is exactly a World of Warcraft expansion. New class? Check. New area? Check. New endgame? Check. Expansion.

So quit your baseless raging and grow up.

Oh it's double the size now? It just keeps on growing... lol.

I've got a can of special super Pepsi called Pepsi+. I'll let it go for $20... you interested?

Lol kinda funny how that's the only argument you can provide.

You know you're wrong but you're so butthurt you can't admit it.
    Look kid, I've been playing ESO and promoting it in this site since before you even knew it was thing. But unlike you, I call them as I see them and don't go all fanboy whiteknight when they need to be called on something.

This is a DLC re-branded as an expansion simply for the extra profit.  
    Are you really trying to pull the "I've played longer than you" crap? Really?

Not that it actually matters at all but I've been playing ESO since the very first beta.

Does my opinion suddenly hold more worth? Nope. Not even a little.

Take your epeen measuring contest somewhere else.
  • SainguinSainguin Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Iselin said:
    Kryn said:
    Iselin said:
    SlyLoK said:

Iselin said:

While a return to Morrowind - technically those parts not already in the game - is indeed exciting news, the fact that they decided to re-brand this DLC as an "expansion" despite having little more in it than previous offerings called DLC (e.g. Orsinium) is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

I'm starting to feel like I'm getting over-marketed in ESO.

Morrowind is twice the size of Orsinium. Not even comparable.
    Orsinium was marketed as 20 hours... definitely comparable.

"Orsinium, ESO's largest DLC game pack to date, features a colossal new zone with over 20 hours of story content, a new single-player monster arena, new public dungeons, and much more!"
    I must have missed Orsinium's added class.  You can play the game for FREE after you buy it.  People will bitch about anything.
    Oh so it's dusting off the old beta Warden that's the defining characteristic of an expansion... good to know.
    The Warden didn't exist during beta. It was DATAMINED during beta. Meaning we got a little look at it and knew what the three skill lines were maybe going to be called. Same with the Vvardenfell datamines over a year ago.

You're grasping for anything and everything to be petty about.

Enough. You're an adult. It's time to act like one.

Either buy the expansion or don't. Nobody wants to read your complaints on every single page of this thread.
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    told ya :P

seriously, this is all very good stuff.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Iselin said:
    But no, it won't be.

To be fair, how is this different than when you didn't own WoTLK and couldn't make a DK.  Or the current DH if you didn't upgrade to Legion.  Just an honest question here.