Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 5 Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Features We’re Really Excited About - The List at MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Kyleran said:
    This may just turn out to be the most social virtual world created in quite some time.
    ....empty probably too.  :p
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    5 Well we will see if it is a game to play with others or not.

4 Interesting idea,not sure what to think here at all,i hope it works out.

3 total conjecture,nobody knows how this will play out yet until we play the finished product.

2 I hope it is more than this because this just sounds like any typical Wow clone,everything needs to kill that BOSS.I want discovery and ANY npc or other to be a possible discovery,i don\t want to know that every advancement is through a boss fight as that would really turn me off.

1 Yep this is an idea i want and expect in a game.However ,i would be happier with NO hand holding,meaning i want players to learn their character and not be looking for colors.It then becomes less about the spell or ability and just a system of looking for green versus brown or red versus blue.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

I wonder if the heaven's above will be nice to me and send me this game in a decent playable state so i can have fun again in a mmorpg.I need to remind people at how much BDO turned me off,i almost gave up on the genre figuring nobody was going to ever again make a good game that "makes sense".I have turned to other genres for some quick pickup fun but nothing offers a long term commitment of fun,exploration,discovery and strategy.

Please no pink elephants flying in the air or hover boards or mage's spamming 50 fireballs in 20 secs.Please no yellow ? or !,i know how to play a mmorpg,i know how to click npc's with no markers on them,i can spot an auction house or an enemy and i know not to fall off the side of a high cliff :P
    I'll tell you though ,i do have a megaton more hope in Brad's common sense than most every other lead developer in the genre.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

I should mention a couple things on the wonders of financials lol.
    Obviously i am not inside Brad's head but i can make a pretty good assumption that it is in the best interest of ANY business to not fully spill the beans.

The reason is that if something fails or goes amiss you are chastised for not following through with that plan A.

So let's say the game needs more money than they figured or it gets released with content cut or some ideas half assed.This team could have some good morals and be against asking simple people for money to fund a game but sometimes life does not go as planned and you need to ask for help.

Long story short,i do not think it is fair to force out questions on the financial stability or future plans for investments,better to stick to game discussions than business ones.Now if was questions based on cash shops,then i might go to the supermarket and grab a bushel of rotten apples to start tossing lmao.

I have and likely always will only like a subscription based game.I have seen what free does and i don't like that crowd.Personally i save my thoughts for forums but i have seen in every game ,people that just sit in chat and spam how much they hate the game or Chuck Norris jokes or just looking to argue with anyone and everyone.People that PAY a sub imo are more likely to just play the game and if they don't like the game,they just leave to gripe on forums lmao.