Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interview with InXile CEO Brian Fargo - Torment: Tides of Numenera Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageInterview with InXile CEO Brian Fargo - Torment: Tides of Numenera Videos - MMORPG.com

We took a moment to sit down with InXile's CEO Brian Fargo to talk about the nuances of making a crowd-funded game and what people can expect from the upcoming RPG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Hmm, I don't like the UI much.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The reason these old school games are no longer interesting is because your characters are just too puny/small.
    Small low detail characters are not fun or enjoyable to play.It is also why i don't like locked camera games,it lowers the ability to have good detailed characters and to enjoy them.

One of the coolest things i witnessed was back in 1999,UT99 was maybe one of the first games to release a Hi res texture pack with it's game.So i had to check it out,i walked up close and i could literally see the grains in materials,like a wall or wood,it really made a huge visual difference.

So when i fast forward 18 years later and have to see poorer detailed characters,lower res graphics a all around,it feels like the industry has gone backwards or stood still for 18 years.

Point being ,i no longer want Baldur's gate,if i want it i own it and could play it anytime.I don't want Stardew..mountain dew or whatever it is called,i want gaming to evolve and advance technically.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    edited January 2017
    I am currently playing through Baldur's Gate right now. I'm enjoying it a lot, regardless of the level of detail of the members of my party. Today's games with more modern graphics are much less interesting in my opinion. I am enjoying Baldur's Gate MUCH more than WoW, SWToR, Rift, GW2, etc... Now I have not played Baldur's Gate for years like I have those other games. I guess what I am saying is there's a reason these developers are making these older games in 2017, like Tormet or the upcoming Pillars of Eternity 2. There's a market for it, the stories are great, and I am sure nostalgia plays into it.
  • DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    stories arent enough. Sorry, with mass effect andromeda coming out, which will no doubt have story and graphics, its just not enough to do 80% story and 10% graphics and combat.

That is my issue with these CRPGs, eventually i just get bored of the top down, blips.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson