Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Happy Hour Details Customization Options - Star Citizen - MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageLatest Happy Hour Details Customization Options - Star Citizen - MMORPG.com

Star Citizen News - The latest edition of the Star Citizen Happy Hour has been released with much of the discussion centering around customization options in both Star Citizen and Squadron 42. Much of the discussion focused on hair and clothing choices for players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    edited January 2017

Oh my! Let's see how out of control this thread will become.

Usual suspects incoming!

ON-TOPIC: Looks promising. I hope we will see some of this in-game someday.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Like these? :dizzy:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:

Like these? :dizzy:

Nice!

Question is: will I be able to use this image myself without moderation?

JK I know how it works here. I learned my lesson a few weeks ago.

Also I broke my long standing policy of not watching a gaming video where the streamer insists on showing their floating head in frame. I get 4 (FOUR) of them here FFS but I just skipped through so it's not too annoying. PLEASE STOP THIS CRAP!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Great to see there hard at work on the PU and Ships.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Great progress. They seem to be right on schedule!
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited January 2017
    , but it won't happen any time soon

i think this sums it all up quite well.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Is there a timestamp for when they show this stuff in the video?
    edited January 2017

Is there a timestamp for when they show this stuff in the video?

Cmon now. How can they show something that is still in development? Or better yet just be patient, @Erillion will be posting this same video in some thread soon. He will tell ya everything you need to know so you can summarily dismiss it as bollocks.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    well another video about more things to come... and we are already 2 months into 2017....

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Seems like this game is more about the fluff than about the gameplay.....
  • v4nnz444v4nnz444 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    you guys keep polishing the game very very details until you guys maybe detailing it's every sperm colour maybe?

and yet the game play still unknown and very random to play.

better you guys learn from jappanese how to make a game.
    not only just polishing it.
    Seems like this game is more about the fluff than about the gameplay.....
    Nothing wrong with fluff though, assuming the gameplay is good.

v4nnz444 said:
    you guys keep polishing the game very very details until you guys maybe detailing it's every sperm colour maybe?

and yet the game play still unknown and very random to play.

better you guys learn from jappanese how to make a game.
    not only just polishing it.
    eww...

And "learn from jappanese how to make a game"?

EWWW... god no!

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    I'm enjoying myself in the alpha -- albeit mostly the single player content at this moment.

Bought in recently, has been the most accepting community I've ever played games with.

Nay say all you want, in my opinion there is definitely enough in worth the 50 bucks.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    edited January 2017
    ...and clothing choices for players.
    Post edited by IceAge on

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    IceAge said:
    ...and clothing choices for players.

Horse armor!
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    bartoni33 said:

Oh my! Let's see how out of control this thread will become.

Usual suspects incoming!

ON-TOPIC: Looks promising. I hope we will see some of this in-game someday.

LIES FIBS BOLLOCKS AND LIES!!!!!! And no I didn't watch the video! I don't need to be informed before jumping to conclusions, formulating an opinion, or hatching conspiracy theories! BARK BARK BARK!!!! Lies, bollocks, large bowl of porridge, Chris Roberts etc.

Or some such rubbish. Yeah looks good, but I still hope this game is released before I end up in a retirement community.
    Well, if your not 30 yet i would say the chances are pretty good, maybe. :p
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

I'm enjoying myself in the alpha -- albeit mostly the single player content at this moment.

Bought in recently, has been the most accepting community I've ever played games with.

Nay say all you want, in my opinion there is definitely enough in worth the 50 bucks.

Could you describe what gameplay you've experienced that you think the 2.6 alpha is worth 50 dollars?

..Cake..

sgel said:

Could you describe what gameplay you've experienced that you think the 2.6 alpha is worth 50 dollars?
    I'm liking the race maps, pretty fun. Haven't dived into the FPS side yet, I'm not very skilled these days. 
    Also enjoying arena matches in Arena Commander, I'm better at it then I thought I would be, albeit a few control tweaks for my HOTAS. (by default yaw and roll are backwards, had to fix that.)

The city map has been pretty cool to explore, a whole lot was added to it since the last free access time period. Interestingly enough, shopping feels like shopping in the shops. Not a UI screen but physical merchandise shelves and stuff, pretty neat. 

I could go on. But meh. I like it, it was my money to spend.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    So you explore and collect resources and make stuff ? What do you do in the game ? Is there crafting of ship items, excavating resources and selling them or only first person shooter PvP. Can you play this game as a PvE experience.

kitarad said:
    So you explore and collect resources and make stuff ? What do you do in the game ? Is there crafting of ship items, excavating resources and selling them or only first person shooter PvP. Can you play this game as a PvE experience.
    There isn't really any common MMO mechanics in the game yet. In Crusade it's just missions for money at the moment, you can use the money on clothes, guns, pylon weapons etc. Yes, there is a pve experience as explained, but not much of one. Most of what is available is single player/multi player racing, dogfighting, and FPS in space. 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    oh okay thanks

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

SomethingUnusual said:But meh. I like it, it was my money to spend.

And my money was mine to spend as well.
    Sadly, unlike you, I still haven't felt that I got my money's worth... especially when I pledged early on and the game they advertised was magnitudes richer than what we currently have.

Maybe someday in the far future when they actually implement the stuff they promised, I'll be as satisfied as you. At that point you'll probably feel you're playing the game of the century for that 50 you payed, considering you're so satisfied by the 2.6 alpha.

..Cake..

sgel said:

SomethingUnusual said:But meh. I like it, it was my money to spend.

And my money was mine to spend as well.
    Sadly, unlike you, I still haven't felt that I got my money's worth... especially when I pledged early on and the game they advertised was magnitudes richer than what we currently have.

Maybe someday in the far future when they actually implement the stuff they promised, I'll be as satisfied as you. At that point you'll probably feel you're playing the game of the century for that 50 you payed, considering you're so satisfied by the 2.6 alpha.
    Understandable. Perhaps I'm just to easily amused, perhaps a newfound interest in more sci-fi and flight sim genres. Seeing what Empryon and Elite Dangerous are doing lifted a few of my doubts -- great games as well.
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    For only $1,000 usd you can have a special edition mullet.

MurderHerd