Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Released 1 month in Russia - Already Dead game.

2»

Comments

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Exin said:
    Athisar said:
    I got a beta key emailed to me, haven't tried it but I'm hearing bad things about the game. Bad UI? Potentially going full pay to win later?
    UI is quite good if you spend some time adjusting.
    Regarding P2W - it is most definitely not, in my understanding. You CANNOT buy UNIQUE items that give you advantage in game. You can most definitely purchase progression items, but you will need to spend thousands in order to get ahead 2-3 months, then you're capped and everyone starts to catch up. The prices for premiums and these most necessary progression materials are also quite cheap, and you can buy cash shop currency with your in-game money. Also, every game can be potentially going P2W. 
    No point in trying to explain non p2w and p2w, people just like calling any mmo with a cash shop p2w.  Honestly the average intelligence of gamers has gone down hill since i was a kid back in ultima online days. Personally i enjoy the game and being in each beta has shown me that they try to fix things.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Seems to me that several ppl have asked for source with no source brought to the table.  Watch twitch is not good enough.  Without any reliable backup to the claim, this falls in the category of 'rubbish'

I self identify as a monkey.

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    I personally had a lot of fun in the beta, am waiting for the final wipe and then will start playing again. I think it is a good game and brings a lot to the table.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    There are lots of closures for end of beta sessions.

Reading over the forums,it seems tons of problems like players and mobs disappearing in Dungeons.

You'll definitely get a load of advertising to the cash shop.Crystal sales,buy elixirs,present for first time purchase.
    I would say these shut downs are for maintenance after beta sessions.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Some youtuber explained the p2w cashshop. Apprently it has a item "red...something" that you normally need to grind for months but the cashshop offers it as SALE and is highlighted as top noch item. That item is used to upgrade armor to max. So you can basicly max your character in 5min.
  • ExinExin Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Wizardry said:
    There are lots of closures for end of beta sessions.

Reading over the forums,it seems tons of problems like players and mobs disappearing in Dungeons.

You'll definitely get a load of advertising to the cash shop.Crystal sales,buy elixirs,present for first time purchase.
    I would say these shut downs are for maintenance after beta sessions.

Are you writing in the right post? Becuase I've no idea what you're talking about :confounded: "like players and mobs disappearing in Dungeons" first time hearing this... There are a lot of stuff that need to be fixed but this I've never heard about.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Shinami said:
    Where is the P2W element? 
    Oh... I get it!

The game is not 100% even to each player, including a paying customer because in this world paying customers should not be treated any different from freeloaders right? Would you prefer a non-paying customer getting perks, while a paying customer gets penalized for paying? 

I have not encountered a P2W element in this game just yet. 
    In fact, a newb can reach level 40 in 4 hours, and level 55 in about a day w/o needing a founders pack. 

How do you explain that? 
    You can't, because you haven't tried playing the game yourself, and all your views are political rather than critical. 
    No, being "F2P" with an "optional" sub is not pay2win. It really isn't "free" either, it is P2P with an unlimited trial and if more then a few gaming companies just label the games so there would be no bullcrap but I guess they all think they can have a larger itemshop that way.

As for the game failing, that isn't unlikely but there really is no telling just yet. Even if the game would do badly is Russia does not mean it will do so everywhere, more then a few games do well in certain regions while failing in others. It is way to early to say anything yet, besides if you personally like it or not.

People are always in such a hurry to say a game will fail or become huge... Relax. 
  • stealth977stealth977 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    exile01 said:
    Some youtuber explained the p2w cashshop. Apprently it has a item "red...something" that you normally need to grind for months but the cashshop offers it as SALE and is highlighted as top noch item. That item is used to upgrade armor to max. So you can basicly max your character in 5min.
    That youtuber is an idiot imho. Or have no idea about the game. That RED things you can easily farm in the game and may be the last thing you buy from cash shop.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yep was posted in the Russian forums.

I translated the pages did a bit of reading .
    Just watched some Russian game play on Twitch as well,definitely not a game for me,has all the typical tropes of Asian f2p games.
    Worst immersion breaker besides the numbers flashing in the air is that line that seems to draw from player to mob,don't like that one bit.
    Gaming has really sacked to such low standards with all the hand holding,it is like devs figure gamer's are complete idiots.

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://rev.mail.ru/&prev=search

Don't like having to go back and find it to prove myself,i have no agenda towards any game,i merely like to see facts straight and i detest disguised advertising.It is down there beside the Moriganna player avatar,,seems the post was by the actual team and was a *FIX so definitely was a problem.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Wizardry said:
    Gaming has really sacked to such low standards with all the hand holding,it is like devs figure gamer's are complete idiots.

Well, in this case I would side with the Devs. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Loke666 said:
    Shinami said:
    Oh... I get it!

The game is not 100% even to each player, including a paying customer because in this world paying customers should not be treated any different from freeloaders right? Would you prefer a non-paying customer getting perks, while a paying customer gets penalized for paying? 

In fact, a newb can reach level 40 in 4 hours, and level 55 in about a day w/o needing a founders pack. 

How do you explain that? 
    You can't, because you haven't tried playing the game yourself, and all your views are political rather than critical. 
    No, being "F2P" with an "optional" sub is not pay2win. It really isn't "free" either, it is P2P with an unlimited trial and if more then a few gaming companies just label the games so there would be no bullcrap but I guess they all think they can have a larger itemshop that way.

As for the game failing, that isn't unlikely but there really is no telling just yet. Even if the game would do badly is Russia does not mean it will do so everywhere, more then a few games do well in certain regions while failing in others. It is way to early to say anything yet, besides if you personally like it or not.

People are always in such a hurry to say a game will fail or become huge... Relax. 
    Agreed, so many games people say are failing, yet they stay open year after year, release new content regularly, and seem to have a loyal following.

Weird isn't it? :p.   

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited February 2017
    Wizardry said:

Just watched some Russian game play on Twitch as well,definitely not a game for me,has all the typical tropes of Asian f2p games.
    Worst immersion breaker besides the numbers flashing in the air is that line that seems to draw from player to mob,don't like that one bit.

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://rev.mail.ru/&prev=search

Don't like having to go back and find it to prove myself,i have no agenda towards any game,i merely like to see facts straight and i detest disguised advertising.It is down there beside the Moriganna player avatar,,seems the post was by the actual team and was a *FIX so definitely was a problem.
    Wrong link.
    Also, if the game is not for you than why are you wasting everyone's time? Write what you have to write and move on. Good luck in finding a game you'll like.
  • stealth977stealth977 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Wizardry said:

Well, sure not everyone would enjoy the game, but, i have to say that the game itself is not holding your hand in any way. Unless you forfeit %80 of the rewards to just complete a dungeon (called 1* version) you may expect to hit your head on the wall for hours after getting full wipes countless times..

So, either the streamers are streaming in easy mode (with so-so rewards at the end) or the watchers do not get the game. This game for example being referred to as tab target which it is not. Yes you can target lock on a mob, but that doesnt mean your skills will directly hit it like in most carebear games, they will not. You need to be fully alert in this game whether you are tank or healer or dps, always need to be on the move, always need to use your skills strategicly and most importantly you will need to do all that while trying to dodgen everything the dungeon/boss throws at you...

it also uses trinity model, but it is semi-trinity. Yes you have a tank, but being tank means you can endure just a bit more damage than a dps. Yes there is healer, but healer needs to dps and dodge all the time as well. Yes there is dps, but dps needs to tank in most boss fights, do max dps and dodge everything at the same time.

There is agro control in the game. But it is just for boss auto attaks. Boss special attacks are random and does not care who has agro or not (thats why everyone is a target and needs to be alert and dodge all the time)...

There is too much to say on the subject, but, you can not really comprehend before you try...
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    no surprise here , the game is generic at best , and probably P2W .....dead in 3 months top
  • Ilya_MIlya_M Member CommonPosts: 2
    what is p2w items in RM shop?

graphics maybe looks simple, i dont know - i am playing at 5 years old notebook, it is 10-15fps only but it is stable 10-15fps in open world, in instances and even at guild siege PVP events with near 100 ppl in battle (both sides). Where do you see that? 
  • Genexis001Genexis001 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    This game is heavily P2W by every definition.

- You can turn real life cash directly into in-game currency
    - You can purchase Ausgyth points which is another form of currency used to literally buy every form of character advancement.
    - You can buy a Ticket that allows you to upgrade the gear upgrade currency to its next tier. (This basically allows you to +11 - +15 your gear. You can buy as many of these as you want. I believe there is a cap to how many of them you can obtain weekly by playing F2P.
    - You can buy currency used to upgrade your skills / etc
    - You can buy currency that allows you to unlock the 4th unlock on your gear.

Just about every form of character advancement can be purchased on the real money cash shop. Yes you can get to the end game playing F2P but we are talking something that would take someone months to achieve F2P vs hours to achieve P2W.

It is a pretty extreme form of P2W.

This game is heavily P2W by every definition.

You forgot to mention that you can buy premium currency using in-game currency = if you set your economy right, and sell at the right points you will be easily able to buy stuff from the cash shop without spending a penny.

Also, if you treat the game as a subscription game, i.e. you spend $15-20 a month and play smart, you will be on par with anyone who spent thousands.

Everyone criticizing forgots that there is a cap of how much you can advance your character and there are very diminishing returns with every further payment.

Once again, you can obtain EVERY SINGLE ITEM from the cash shop (exluding mounts/wings etc. although you can easily get some of those from bosses/achievements etc.) is obtainable through normal gameplay. Nothing will give you PERMANENT advantage.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    mcrippins said:
    Less than 100 people playing, all zones empty. This is what happens when you push $150 founder packs and pay2win cash shop.
    Can you please link your source of information here? I'd like to know where it shows you how many people are playing this game in Russia.
    I don't even follow the game..however anytime someone posts an exact number, like less than 100...tells you they are full of shit

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    genaknosc said:
    The plebs will always be whining and complaining about PTW this, and PTW that. Best thing to do is just ignore them, because they will change nothing. Since it is the people who actually like to and will spend money in games are the people who make said games possible to exist, they are the only one's whose opinion matters.

Exactly, 

I have said before  that these games will continue to show that these people simply do not matter. The genre has passed them by. 

Kyleran said:
    Loke666 said:
    Shinami said:
    Oh... I get it!

How do you explain that? 

Agreed, so many games people say are failing, yet they stay open year after year, release new content regularly, and seem to have a loyal following.

Weird isn't it? :p.   

So True.  ;)
    edited February 2017
    Recore said:
    genaknosc said:
    The plebs will always be whining and complaining about PTW this, and PTW that. Best thing to do is just ignore them, because they will change nothing. Since it is the people who actually like to and will spend money in games are the people who make said games possible to exist, they are the only one's whose opinion matters.

Exactly, 

I have said before  that these games will continue to show that these people simply do not matter. The genre has passed them by. 

My hope is you are wrong and we will continue to see MMORPGS that aren't focused on or dominated by only those willing to spend large sums of money.

But perhaps your right and the days of fairer play are over.

Is OK, I have a few havens which I can reside in.

;)

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    There's nothing interesting about it, that's for sure.
    Kyleran said:
    Recore said:
    genaknosc said:

Exactly, 

My hope is you are wrong and we will continue to see MMORPGS that aren't focused on or dominated by only those willing to spend large sums of money.

But perhaps your right and the days of fairer play are over.

Is OK, I have a few havens which I can reside in.

;)

What games are dominated by those that spend money?
  • DrisdaneDrisdane Member UncommonPosts: 97
    genaknosc said:
    I have to COMPLETELY disagree with you. And before you call me a pleb, just know that I spent $2,600 in a 2 month time period in my last micro transaction game. So, yes, I whale the shit out of games because I have more disposable income than free time.

Having said that, on to why I disagree with you 100%. Yes, the spenders need to be appeased, as they are what pays for servers, updates, game staff, etc. What you fail to realize is that those "plebs" that you refer to are an intrinsic part of the game. What spender wants to stay in a dead game where he has nobody to group with or show his expensive shinies to? If a game is dead, the whales leave too, ergo you must appease the "plebs" in order to keep them playing on the f2p side of the game.

So, yes, monetarily the whales are the only thing needed for a game... But quality of life? Size of community? Things like that are also needed, and without them you won't have a game.

You might want to rethink your stance... or just think before you speak in general.