Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online - What Do We Want in 2017? - MMORPG.com

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    blamo2000 said:
    1. A real auction house that isn't a huge pain in the ass just to even think about buying something.

2. Guilds that are guilds and not customers.

3. Meaningful character progression. Not this new-age, grind for skill points and open everything and have no thought character progression. I would like to see a deep (much deeper) system that matters. Make the crappy skill gem things a resource needed to respec.

I don't know why the big mmorpgs people like nowadays are just boring grinds. FF whatever the newer mmo is called has the biggest grind class system imaginable for almost nothing in return chardev wise besides it is a needed to do or else. ESO has made buying anything a huge pain in the ass. At least let people made a real action house mod that requires no running around so normal people can just shop normally. ESO also wants you to grind every skill you get to open it up for some unknown reason.

Now, the other big mmos is grind crafting - usually "survival" games, or games that claim that label. Craft, craft, craft, craft grind boring boring. All games now are getting far more grindy (it seems to me) instead of less. Less grinding sounds good to me.

I heard of the wow private servers too late. I would have loved to have played on a server for Vanilla, BC, or WotLK when wow was good and every expansion added complexity and new systems instead of stripping all complexity away.
    You have a lot of anger in you.  Maybe a nice herbal tea and a game of scrabble would be better for you.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited January 2017
    - Open world pvp
    -Alteration magic/Necromancy/Druidic magic
    Illusion spells> +Spellcrafting
    -Deffence discipline line(light version) depend on parry/evasion/deflection- mb. Unarmored skill line
    -Some 3d era classes: Pilgrim, Spellsword, Bard, Monk, Barbarian etc.
    -Redesign old zones: expansion and consolidation - Word of Tamriel should be MUUCH BIGGER.
    -Open world activities/self-trigered events/random encounters/caravans etc.(more life in PVE)
    + More weapons(also hybrid type - like support/deffence or control/debuff etc.) Yep, i know - It is very problematic to implement to the game(sadly).
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited January 2017

Iselin said:

Spellcrafting if it's anything like what was previewed at Quakecon 2014.

It's one of the legacy ES activities that's missing here just like it was missing in Skyrim. That would go a long way towards satisfying my desire to have new abilities without even needing to do new classes or new weapon lines.

Unfortunatley that was Nick Konkle's baby and it's been shelved since he left for Riot Games.

Spell Crafting is still coming and was mentioned as such in this interview in August 2016:

http://wccftech.com/elder-scrolls-online-interview-looking-ahead-with-game-director-matt-firor/
    "Same thing. With spell crafting we actually got in enough to start seeing how it worked, we didn’t like the design so much and it was going to be more work than we thought."

Well, I did like the design as presented in 2014 a lot. It combined exploration for the components with crafting what you found in a variety of different ways. But like I said, that was in the old Paul Sage / Nick Konkle days.

At any rate, Matt's "Road Ahead" will be published next week... we'll see.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Oh noe, more spells :(
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Arena, more skills, more spells and I might be back.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Gdemami said:
    Oh noe, more spells :(
    Ah yes. The guy who thinks that throwing a shield that bounces from mob to mob and returns to you like a boomerang is not a "spell" lol.

Hey you can always play Mount and Blade instead of fantasy.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Nzscorpion80Nzscorpion80 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    New Classes/weapon/skills. Battlegrounds/Arena, redesign cyrodil pvp, start with the stupid one size fits all keep design, they probably made them all the same because of budget & balance but you could do it alot better so they aint all the same, more upgrade options etc.

Make the first 2 keeps of each alliance 3 layer walls/ more guards/more natural defences, more options for the claimed guild, every keep is the same to attack an defend, boring boring boring.
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    edited January 2017
    I am very happy with the games current state.
    BGs will be an amazing add to the game.

Only thing that would tip it towards even more perfect, would be if flying could somehow be slipped in.

I know it is not really possible, because the lore and the design of the world have nothing that points towards flying being a natural part of the game.

It is just the only thing I can think of atm, that I am missing in ESO.
    ESO is also the only MMORPG where I would expect a dragon to actually look like a dragon or a pegasus to actually look like a proud majestic creature.

But yeah I know, this is ESO, wont happen. But Id have loved to see it. Tame a dragon, try to master the reins or prove my characters soul is worth the loyalty of a Pegasus. 

Id have liked to see the journey towards that, as a new main quest story. :)
    Post edited by TENTING on
  • GreatswordGreatsword Member RarePosts: 355
    edited January 2017
    -) Better looking, more fluid animations, especially the combat and blocking animations.

-) Rework of armor sets, especially the older ones (worn by ~all NPCs) that often look like body paint.

-) Vvardenfell.

-) Removal of class system (i.e. the opposite of OP wanting more classes added)

-) Rework of the mini dungeons/caves. Maybe a randomizer. Something that gets rid of the copy & paste circle design

2018: Skyrim zones

2019: Merge of all zones into one borderless world. True Elder Scrolls style.
  • wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241
    Continue the story of the profit, enhance the pvp experience with new siege weapons and more objectives, crack down hard on cheaters and exploiters lets get the cheat engine out of Tamriel and the scumbags that use it once and for all !!! please :)

Storage in my house, spice up fishing make rare and exotic fish fun to catch.

Content content content, we need a few huge dlc's or a real expansion that increases the world with some qol improvements and new things to do and explore. ESO is a great game but needs some TLC to continue.
  • BisloboBislobo Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Arenas and Battlegrounds are a must. Cyrodiil is great but ESO could use some sort of structured PvP.
  • FatFoxFatFox Member CommonPosts: 1
    Hopefully they let us change the f*cking traits on dropped set pieces... I'm tired of farming for a particular piece for months and let us change the style of the sets, I'd prefer my character not look like a spliced up monstrosity.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Love the game, but hate the guild trader stuff. Will play again if theres an AH.
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    I think it is pretty clear what I want if you look at my signature. I can't wait to be back in Balmora.  15 Years ago my brother in law told me about a world that would revolutionize gaming. I bought it a few days after it came out and it is the best game I have ever played. ESO is getting there. 
  • mankeypokemon12mankeypokemon12 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Wepons: crossbow, spear, gauntlets, different staff skill tress (ice, fire, lightning, daedra, light) 1h weapon skill tree.
    Gardening, own stable in house, drop crown store prices,
  • smokeybhasmokeybha Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Oyjord said:
    A ) A new class

B ) Instanced BGs
    seconded
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Getting rid of the crappy combat animations.
    TheScavenger
  • HluillHluill Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Upscaling broke the game for me. When I play a fiftieth-level warrior I want to feel powerful, not gimped and more gimped.

Also, the class system is one of the worst...

This game broke my heart.

TSW, LotRO, EQ2, SWTOR, GW2, V:SoH, Neverwinter, ArchAge, EQ, UO, DAoC, WAR, DDO, AoC, MO, BDO, SotA, B&S, ESO, 

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Real auction houses.
  • Stoffie777Stoffie777 Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2017
    There is this awesome survivalist add-on in Skyrim where you get affected by the weather and the freezing waters. You have to start a fire and put up a tent for shelter fast or you pass out and die. This would be great for the coldest parts of Tamriel. And add real blizzards.
    You could extend this idea to the hottest part of the continent where you would need to bring water and get out of the sun.

I also really miss underwater exploration. There`s a whole underwater world we're missing out on. I already know of at least one Argonian skill that would really benefit from it... :-)

Also, make the fighting styles and effects of sword, hammer, axe and dagger really different from each other. As they would be in real life.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    edited January 2017

A 'Wiggle Wop" dance emote ;)

• JeminaiJeminai Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Oceanic Servers so we dont just serve as easy targets in PVP.
    a new class, a new race (daedra even). enjoyed wrothgar so new zones would be good as long as there was gear and items worth doing content for... might come back if they do some of these... i love the game but periodically lose interest when i get close to BiS builds.
  • KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I would be happy if they took about everything said here in the remarks and put it on a board of never to do stuff. Make the game hard and challenging. I am tired of one shotting every damn mob in the game.
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Gosh, I don't know, I'm pretty happy with ESO now and see years worth of playable content out of housing alone. So, I guess...

1) More dlc's and more story lines. Especially with that assassin chick, was nice to see her in the Assassin's guild dlc.

2)I've pretty much done all the quests in the 3 alliances, but every once in awhile I come across something I missed. Wish they would sprinkle new quest lines in the old zones that would appear after finishing the zone or alliance.

3) More and more compelling reasons for players to visit a particular player's house, i.e. storefronts.

4) BG's would be cool.

5)Don't really care about new classes or not, but more skill lines that all classes can use, i.e. taming skill line or ways to unlock other class skill lines.

6) Horse breeding/racing with years of progression for those that really want to stand out.

7) Fishing fleshed out more. Even though I don't care for Rift any more, I really liked their fishing system.

8) More done with all the collectibles than just being fence vendor trash, like making them trade-able and house decorations.

9) Long term loyalty rewards.

10) Definitely a wiggle wop emote! :)
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Kryn said:
    I would be happy if they took about everything said here in the remarks and put it on a board of never to do stuff. Make the game hard and challenging. I am tired of one shotting every damn mob in the game.
    Then use a skill bar that isnt flavor of the month.....